boxcar racer.

berol

ok so i know yer supposed to post flicks on this board but , i just had a question to ask all yous guys..:

Have you heard/seen the band "boxcar racer"? I have seen their record cover and its a boxcar with "bocar racer" written on it in typical graff letters. What do you think of this, do you think this is one step closer to the "mainstreaming" of freight painting? just would like to hear what people have to say. Oh, and if anyone can find the album cover please post it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest TrustEvil

boxcar racer is a side band from some of the guys in Blink 182....the music is mediocre at best, the graffiti in their video is pathetic and no i don't think this marks the mainstreaming of boxcar artwork.....but give it time, its bound to happen very very soon.

Guest NATO
Originally posted by T.T Boy

what about the atmosphere overcast cover done a while back?

i like that cover. it was done by Abuse wasn't it?

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by NATO

i like that cover. it was done by Abuse wasn't it?

yeah it was. it is a dope cover...

my homie did all the graff for BOXCAR RACER. he is friend of travis and he's been painting graff for like 12 years. travis asked him to do the art for the video and for the cover. i dont see how it is in anyway selling out the art. its just writers making money.

Guest TrustEvil

jesus, no one made any mention about the graffiti writer selling out...i just stated that the graff in the video sucked ass....plain and simple.

Guest CRone
Originally posted by T.T Boy

what about the atmosphere overcast cover done a while back?

hot cover to a hot album

its done by maxx from cali he is friends with travis

he used to be in bashers but he has retired ..

he does all yhe work for famous

i personaly dont like the band or the clothing line

because i hate bros ..

but 1500 for a tag im all for takin there money

and the reference boxx car racer is not about freight boxx cars

its an old term from the fitys it means soap boxx racer

the kind you and if you had a father build

Guest rolldafukout

it's all about the e2e dream did on safir's first cd, i think it said "boxcar sessions" or something on a red hopper! rip dream westcoast shit!!

I just recently started hearing their song on the radio (I always found dude's voice extremely annoying). Anyways, I thought the song was about derailed cars because it sounds like he's saying "boxcar over"... fuck it.

Guest railroadjerk

FEEL SO CHEAAPPP

SO USED UNFAITHFULLL

LETS START OVER

LETS START OVERRRRRRRRRRRR

who cares about selling out or graffiti, the song is dope.

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by WITS

hahahah.. That song is for dopes.. Stupid shit.

keep thinking that you have to follow what the cool kids say about whats good music and whats not. youll go far thinking youre rebelling against "sell outs" when youve sold out to the myth that the only good music is stuff nobodys ever heard of...

its all relative. i know more about music than youll ever know, and i like the song. i have more fun in 30 seconds of that song than it took you to bold and italicize that quote, dunston.

You know more about music than I will ever know?? Probably not with me being a musician for the past 10 years or so. And fuck the cool kids. The song just sucks. If you like it then go for it.. I won't stop you but I will laugh while you have fun listening to boring music. Whatever.

You really shouldn't assume things about people on here. We're not all 13 year olds waiting with bated breath for that new Korn disc....

Whammo! I recomend My Bloody Valentine, Rasputina, Live Skull or the SWANS.

Guest TrustEvil

Well said WITS....people on here really shouldn't assume they know everything about the rest of us....some of us have a lot more going on than talking about their favorite color schemes or spending hours gawking at shameless sel-promoters posting their fr8s on the bench....

people have the right to like what they want...but they do not have the right to make stupid comments like "i know more about music than you ever will"...because you end up saying it to a musician and he laughs his fucking head off before he beats you senseless with his guitar....my opinion on that "awesome" boxcar racer song....i've written and scrapped better songs than that in 10 minutes, because its just that easy.

Yep yep.... Although I'd never waste a guitar on someone.Hahah... Definitely give 'em some paint in the face though.

Flat black or silver?

Kssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm sure plenty of people on here do other stuff besides painting. I write, play many instruments, help folks with websites now and then, read..blah blah blah.

Archived