~FIFA~WORLD~CUP~2002~

Guest --zeSto--

usa soccer just started here... so give them some time.... they will get better...

if Poland will loose to US im gonna stop watchin the cup...

English fans are the craziest out there.... there is no game without some ass kickin and black eyes...

makes me laugh...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest --zeSto--

bad news for england

England blow as Gerrard ruled out of World Cup

LONDON, May 14 (AFP) - England's World Cup plans were further hit Tuesday when Steven Gerrard was ruled out of the trip to the Far East because of a groin injury. The midfielder hoped to shrug off the injury in time to join up with the England squad, but admitted that his dream of playing in Korea and Japan would not be fulfilled.

MONACO (Reuters) - World Cup winner Bobby Charlton sees defending champions France as favourites for this year's tournament and says injury-ravaged England's chances of success are fading.

"It's certainly looking less and less likely that it's going to be England," Charlton, who led England to World Cup success in 1966, told reporters at the Laureus Sports Awards.

"We've had a great deal of trouble with injured players. I know it's normal to get one's fair share, but ours seems to be over the top this year.

"If we had a full staff I think we could have a good show and perhaps win, but as things now stand, the favourites are Argentina, Brazil, France, Italy.

"Who will win? At the moment probably France. France are on the confident side, and I have to say I think they are favourites."

Originally posted by ASER1NE

FUCK SOCCER , YES ITS CALLED 'SOCCER' NOT FOOTBALL .

HOCKEY SLAYS SOCCER IN EVERY ASPECT .

WORD! "Sport of Kings" my ass! I thought soccer owed its success to the fact that people too poor to play anything else play it.............

Guest --zeSto--

^ that's kind of true.

Soccer (or football or kickball) is a simple game.

The rules are clear, the equipment is basic and the sport is pure.

Sure I love watching hockey (go leafs go),

but playing soccer it where it's at.

Soccer is a universal thing.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

Soccer is a universal thing.

obviously not, for there ARE some dissenting voices on here - plus I doubt anyone could tell me the winners of the last Women's World Cup without looking it up - don't front.................

running is universal...............

Originally posted by T.T Boy

england vs germany is always the best to watch.

hey dazzle...... did you go watch brasil play canada a few years back?

As a matter of fact I did. I was like 9 or 10 or something, and missed Canada's equaliser because I was buying a drink!

England won't win people, take a look at who they have to play. If they finish in the top two in their group (which could still be very hard to do), they would still have to end up playing France, Brazil, possibly Argentina again. Not this time around. Give it till the next one when all the youngsters have matured. Then we'll be a force.....

And soccer is still a sport for the poor. Hence the BILLIONS of people who play it. It's the only sport that poor countries can afford to play. How many Africans play hockey??

I grew up in an all itlian area with a large portion of portaquise(sp we just called them porkchops growing up) so when they used to drive around in their mustanges and irocs with their flags after every game I'd get pissed.This year I've vowed to take the trip back to the old hood to watch the games with a French flag and the jerzie just to get mine!

Guest --zeSto--

ha^ so true!

I grew up in a seriously heavy italian area,

and after the world cup in 1994 (when Brazil beat Italy)

shit got wild!

Some fools rented a limo and drove around our neighbourhood right

after the game. Well I even saw my 60 neighbour throw a rock at them.

Some guy put a brick through the winshield. All the lights got smashed out.

So the limo got the fuck out, and must have called the cops,

but when they showed up... they just chatted and didn't say shit.

It sure mad loosing a little easier to handle.

Guest sneak

ITS COMING HOME, ITS COMING HOME, ITS COMING HOME, ITS COMING FOOTBALLS COMING HOME

3 LIONS ON A SHIRT, JULES REMAIN STILL GLEAMING, 30 YRS OF HURT

ITS COMING ITS COMING, ITS COMING HOME, FOOTBALLS COMING HOME

imagine being in a whole stadium singing that as england whip germany 5 - 1

Originally posted by smeoo

HEY SKUMBAetc..can you get any hoolie books or videos over there....i can't get shit except for a few Dougie and Eddie Brimson books...if so can you drop me an email mate?..

smeoove@vampirehunter.com

GO THE TOON!

Read "The Football Factory" by John King. One of my favourite books ever. It's the first in a trilogy, although the second one is more about sex. Still, 5 star recommendation from yours truly.......

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

pfff, as if thats going to happen again.

Thats what england do - they invent sports for the rest of the world to whoop them at..................

seriously, I'd like to know what your problem is? Did some Englishman do you wrong?

England wasn't beat by Argentina in 1998, they were beat by the referee's...

Guest NATO

pfff, as if thats going to happen again.

Thats what england do - they invent sports for the rest of the world to whoop them at..................

your only saying that because ireland havent got a chance....:D

Originally posted by NATO

your only saying that because ireland havent got a chance....:D

GOOD GOD, the only thing worse than england getting anywhere would be Ireland getting anywhere.....

And Johnny Horton.....no its just that the England OR Ireland doing anything of note during the World Cup = The city grinding to a halt.

GOOD GOD, the only thing worse than england getting anywhere would be Ireland getting anywhere.....

And Johnny Horton.....no its just that the England OR Ireland doing anything of note during the World Cup = The city grinding to a halt.

:rolleyes:

Guest imported_Tesseract

hahaha, here we again!

think for a sec...football [FOOT+BALL] which game this word describes??? cause all i see in your 'football' is a bunch of dudes running around with a melon shaped ball beating the shit out of eachother...we were playing football before the discovery of the 'new world'

Guest THEdude

hockey?

damn Canadians.

ne ways

I say Argentina, because they missed it in 1990.

France is good but yeah everyone hates them.

Brazil pisses you off, so many good players and they're playing like crap.

England or Portugal?

Oh well

at least we won't be watching the mexican league or the MLS this summer

damn they suck.

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by JohnnyHorton

England wasn't beat by Argentina in 1998, they were beat by the referee's...

Same referee that robbed FC Copenhagen of the danish championsship 3 days ago, watch out, he is coming to the World Cup again, Kim Milton Nielsen

http://www.soccernet.com/images/england/national/beckhamoff_stuforster200x15.jpg'>

Archived