Homosexual Entonces or Gay Niggas for short

Guest Ted Wakowski

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Will try again here.  I'm throwing out thoughts/ideas, not saying we 'should' or 'need' to do anything.  So.....:

We're talking about 'the gays' like we don't have gay or non-straight people here, although likely not in this thread.  As I type that, if there were openly gay people in here posting too it might be different.

The fact that some felt the need to return and add a prohomo says something, and we might want to consider that and what it might mean.  To me it shows a slight level of discomfort, for myself as well.  I've def called people gay or homo a million times if I've done it once, but that was ?? years ago minus that Sopranos gif.

I know I'm busting Yuck or NOES's balls and I don't think they feel any hate between us but that still doesn't mean everyone is laughing.  When we picked up some new/old members maybe 2 years back I noticed that there were some negs to some of the gay/trans humor and it occurred to me that what once seemed cool was maybe not so much anymore.  I also watched to see how the offended would handle it and whether anyone else noticed.  I questioned whether anyone who felt offended would be comfortable to say something being that they were in a small minority.

I'm fully cool with making fun of each other and our differences, the world has become too tight ass around that.  But we might be using outdated language to do so?  

I enjoy Dave Chappelle a lot, he's a pretty smart guy who has the talent to be humorous and offensive, and to make people think.  I believe he's met with or befriended members of a lot of the groups he pokes fun at.  I don't think that gives him a pass or that allows him to speak for a group, but I believe he has personal perspective but also the ability to take some of the perspective of the groups he makes fun of, and there is a difference in being able to do that before you speak.

Conversation reminded me of a friend who at the time identified as lesbian.  She used to share some of the gay/trans lingo with me and the shade some of them threw was wonderfully hilarious.  The only one I remember offhand, think it's when a straight woman hangs around a bunch of gay men, she's called a fruit fly.

Losing steam for now since this is a 2nd typing and I'm trying to get into other Oontzing.

To switch to the N word for a moment...... main points I'd make is society as a whole can not agree on that word, and I believe it's so firmly in the collective unconscious that whether you end with an A or an R everyone still sees (and understands) that R as being present, whether they can admit that to themselves or not.  There are such things as symbolic racism, institutional racism, etc....

The other thing is if you consider language... can you think of any other word for which one group has 'permission' to say it at the exclusion of all other groups or people being able to say it?  

It's easy to think you have an N word pass.  But do you?  More the case, you have a frieNd word pass.  We all know you don't throw that word down freely and you watch what company you do that in, and if you have to do that, you do not have a pass.  For all the people I've known who thought they had that pass, we all know graf takes you through some tough hoods, and I've never seen those people exercise their supposed pass when it's just us in South Central or Harlem or East Chicago or........  I suppose that's coincidence.

There's too much confusion (or maybe it's really crystal) and IMO the word can be retired.  When non-black people of notoriety got caught using the N word they always have to 'make up' for it by meeting with Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to get some sensitivity or perspective.  But then remember when Jesse called Obama an N?

There's no agreement on this word.  It is not the same as the gay community taking back 'queer' with pride.  The fact that some choose to use it with an A or an R might be irrelevant compared to the fact that they don't speak for all African Americans or all black people.

Again, I'm glad we're all discusseratin stuff.  You're all a bunch of A+ scholarz in my blackbook.

• Like 1
  • Props 3

There were passes for a select few back in the day who came up in the same projects. And select few meaning like 2/3 dudes. We’re definitely only talking about “ga” and not no “er” shit. Swap that shit around and come out the same white mouth and you are 100% getting punched in the face, without question. 

This is funny because up until a couple of month ago I forgot how much Necro used to say it in his earlier shit and I never cared then lol. Listening to it recently gives a nigga the cringe though. If anyone has/had the pass it’s that crazy mf. 

6 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

2 things I got outta that last shit.
One manned definitely watches euphoria and participates in calling folks by their chosen pronouns. 

IDK about all this pronoun stuff.  In most ways it doesn't matter to me how people want to identify as but then I also agree with some of the Chappelle commentary too.  In Chinese there's one word for he/she/it, maybe simplifies things idk.  But then how far do we go to recognize everyone's unique individuality, do we have to recognize everyone's uniqueness or can we say we're all just people.  Personally I'm going to wait to see what happens with dog people.  If they win recognition will they have to get rabies shots and licenses, will we spay/neuter them.  People complicating this life.

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

IDK about all this pronoun stuff.  In most ways it doesn't matter to me how people want to identify as but then I also agree with some of the Chappelle commentary too.  In Chinese there's one word for he/she/it, maybe simplifies things idk.  But then how far do we go to recognize everyone's unique individuality, do we have to recognize everyone's uniqueness or can we say we're all just people.  Personally I'm going to wait to see what happens with dog people.  If they win recognition will they have to get rabies shots and licenses, will we spay/neuter them.  People complicating this life.

LOL! I was just razzin with the homie about that dog shit the other day over some nice cold Coronas. It’s gonna happen. Watch!

• Truth 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...