Homosexual Entonces or Gay Niggas for short

Guest Ted Wakowski

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 8 months later...

Being called gay as an insult is so absurd I think it’s funny that it makes people mad. I’ve had openly gay people in my life since the day I was born so it’s always been normal to me. Funnily enough I remember when I was in high school I told one of my friends dad he was a lesbian. It was a double whammy of him being gay and a bitch lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

19 minutes ago, ndv said:

Whats funny is when you have a gay friend that will say "that's gay" about something that's lame/or unusual.  

I had a gay roommate when I was in my early 20s. He was super like this. When I had friends come around and blurt out shit like “that’s gay as fuck” or “what a faggot” he would get this twinkle in his eyes and say things like “where” and “I wanna go”

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I still throw it around selectively. It infuriates me that it became such a taboo thing to say in casual razzilings. Doesn’t even matter how many gays or trans folks you’re cool with. Shit can get you canceled around the wrong people lol. I seen’t it. 

lol I have a homie that’s not “allowed” to watch Dave Chappelle or eat Chick-fil-A at his house. Every once in a while I’ll drop a soft N around his wife just to keep her on her toes.

• LOL! 1

I've got homies that are for real straight up homophobic. That like can't look the gay homies in the eyes in mixed company, and become visibly uncomfortable without ever saying a word. To me that's 1000x more cringe, and grounds to lose invite privileges than a failed attempts at humor on 12oz. I mean you can kinda tell when words are meant for intentional disrespect, and the non language moves a person makes are 100% more important. TLDR, explore and make sense of any uncomfortable emotions surrounding going prohomo™ yourself or u probably gay.

Edited by Mercer
wonk saggin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

lol I have a homie that’s not “allowed” to watch Dave Chappelle or eat Chick-fil-A at his house. Every once in a while I’ll drop a soft N around his wife just to keep her on her toes.

Personally, I’m still a little torn on that last shit. I’ve definitely blasted white kids in the mouth for letting it fly around me in the past. I’m far less uptight about it these days, at least enough to not address it if I hear it slip but if you’re a repeat offender something might happen lolol. 12oz used to be a mecca for that lane but it was because internet. Seems to be a dying vibe but gay politics and weird vibes seem to have taken its place. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I mean you can kinda tell when words are meant for intentional disrespect

a lot of people aren’t making that distinction anymore. Context is everything and we are living in a world out of context.

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Personally, I’m still a little torn on that last shit. I’ve definitely blasted white kids in the mouth for letting it fly around me in the past. I’m far less uptight about it these days, at least enough to not address it if I hear it slip but if you’re a repeat offender something might happen lolol. 12oz used to be a mecca for that lane but it was because internet. Seems to be a dying vibe but gay politics and weird vibes seem to have taken its place. 

Ive found the proper place in my life for the N word. If you wanna wreck some ones whole fucking day, you hit a working class white man in his 60s with the hard R.  Guaranteed to make his head explode. It’s fucking hilarious. I’ve told the black homies to do this same shit. The general consensus is this shit is a good plan.

• LOL! 1

I grew up in a different era, where down white dudes had the pass. I remember playing pool in the Tropical, on Elizabeth St. in Chinatown where Asians called each other niggas, not a single bad vibe, and all love in there. Truth be told half them Asian dudes would probably son you on breaking/rapping. Acceptable language changes though, they used to say colored people, now they say "people of color", but TBH I don't see the difference the language changes ever actually made. You can still be racist AF and not speak a single word on it IMO.

That said, I'm not going to lie like the word has zero power over me, but I kinda wish it didn't. I'd like to think I wouldn't get emotional if someone used it around me out of disrespect, but that's probably not true. Don't get me wrong, it's not because of the word itself though, or if there's a hard R or not. I'm generally just learning disabled when it comes to avoiding conflict sometimes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I grew up in a different era, where down white dudes had the pass.

You can still be racist AF and not speak a single word on it IMO.

Bro I never thought about this perspective before. I guess at it’s core racism is the belief of being superior based on race. You don’t need to be outwardly vile towards some one to believe that you are better than them. More often than not, it does come off that way though.

• Like 1

I remember when the dictionary had 2 definitions of Nigger:  (can't remember verbatim but it was something like this)  1. Someone who is uneducated/Illiterate.

2. A derogatory word used as defamation to describe an African-American. 

I don't remember which  dictionary, Webster or Merriam version it was in, I just remember looking up the word when I was young because growing up the N-Word  was not allowed but at the same time parents made us look up words in the dictionary when we would ask meanings of words or how to spell a word. 

Anyhow, the 1st definition was removed decades ago and the 2nd definition is now the only meaning. 

Now if the 1st definition is true to its meaning, then IMO 90% of the world is just one big Nigger.  

**!!WHAT??!!  Did @ndv just say that!?  That's a BOLD STATEMENT!!

Anyhow, I have had plenty of N-Word passes growing up, although it was never abused and only used when something was absurd or a buddy did or said something shocking.  Although, I suspect the pass stemmed from being cool with the BGF.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with that, if a person said they just meant it as "uneducated" when dropping a hard R, I would never see that as anything other than even more disrespectful, thinking I'm dumb enough to believe that was what they meant by it. Regardless of what old man Mirrium Webster says. It's like saying saying you were just calling the male flight attendant a bundle of sticks, nobody on the plane will ever believe you, even if the male flight attendant is super flammable.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 1