Forget the hockey playoffs, forget Major League Baseball.......

Dr. Dazzle

.....the biggest sporting event in the world is a mere 3 weeks away!!

It's been a long wait, but yes, that's right, the squads have been announced, the preparations have begun and the stage is set for the World Cup 2002 to kick off on the 31st. Nothing compares to this, nothing. Literally BILLIONS of people all over the world will crowd TV's, pubs, cafe's and city streets just to get a glimpse of the magic....

So lets hear some thoughts....

As much as I want England to win, I have to be realistic. We have arguably the toughest group with Argentina, Sweden, and Nigeria. I think we have to finish first, otherwise, barring complete disaster, we will play France in the second round. Not a draw you want. If we finish first we could play any of Denmark, Uruguay, and Senegal, all of which are beatable. Still, I don't think we will go all the way, semi finals is the absolute best we can hope for. The squad doesn't look bad. I used to play on the same team as Owen Hargreaves, no joke. Now he's playing in the World Cup and I'm sitting on my ass wasting my life away.......*sigh*

My prediction is Argentina, they just have too much class in every position. I predict they will beat France in the final, with Brazil or Italy finishing third....

What does everybody else think? Surely I wont be the the only one getting up at 5am to watch Russia - Tunisia.........

http://www.colute.net/cwm/contrib/navigator/flag.gif'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This will be a good one as a lot of bigger countries like Holland, Norway, Romania, Colombia, and Morocco, among others didn't make it, while lesser known countries, like Ecuador and Costa Rica, countries playing for the first time like China, Slovenia and Senegal, and countries like Poland and Turkey, who have been out of the World stage for a while, will be there. Should be awesome.

My prediction is the dark horses of Portugal. They will surprise a lot of people

Guest willy.wonka

"soccer or football"

football/soccer is way better than the nfl or baseball..i dont understand why it isnt "bigtime" with america...

Guest --zeSto--

^ because football is king! :rolleyes:

(for fat lazy arrogant bastards!)

I'm pulling for Argentina or France.

viva le FFF !

Guest Canadiano

Since the Big Orange ain't there, I got noone to pull for...I guess I'll just hate on England and Portugal...yeah, that's it.

Originally posted by willy.wonka

"soccer or football"

football/soccer is way better than the nfl or baseball..i dont understand why it isnt "bigtime" with america...

because the scores aren't high enough ... :rolleyes:

i'm hoping England goes all the way ... and they are putting out one of the best teams they've had in years ... so who knows

i dunno ... i'd like to see anybody but france win the cup

Originally posted by willy.wonka

"soccer or football"

Americans want to get drunk so they can yell with their looser buddys when ever someone scores. They dont have the attention span.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

Americans want to get drunk so they can yell with their looser buddys when ever someone scores. They dont have the attention span.

This made no sense.......unless it was sarcasm. In which case......ah fuck it........

Archived