NHL Playoffs-place your bets

ulcer

My money is on Montreal to take it all, at least I'd like to see Toronto vs. Montreal in the next round. Toronto got spanked last night though. I still have my money on Toronto, I think that last Ottawa goal got them pissed, and I see Sundin making his triumphant return next game....Canada just scored against Slovokia...We're playing old time pond hockey out there, beautiful. Damn fine time to be a hockey fan.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ulcer

Damn fine time to be a hockey fan.

i don't think anytime ...would be a good time to be a hockey fan ....but what do i know..... i like baseball.:cool:

Guest Canadiano

Yeah, I hope it's Montreal vs Toronto next round. Then Leafs against Detroit for finals, hopefully. That would be my two favourite playoff matchups of all time in a row. My buddy saw Sundin last week at a red light, and he said he'd be hopefully back this series. I don't know about next game, though. We need him, still. And we need Dmitri Yushkevich. I heard he may die if he plays, because of the blood clot, but who cares?? He's a free agent after this season anyway...(jokes). With Zednik gone, Montreal ain't so hype.

Leafs need to sign Theodore this summer.

i hate detroit and their store bought russian team witha burning passion, i wish theyd trade yzerman to the leafs, the rest of those assholes can fuck off, especially the traitor hull, what a fag. but toronto detroit would b a cool cup. hopefully toronto can win it, if not ill go for ottawa the whole way, god its been like 50 some years since theyve won.

Guest --zeSto--

I'm sorry to say,

I dont think Toronto can beat Ottawa.

And the Avalanche is getting weaker all the time.

But I do love Colarado because they have the most Canadian Players

out of any NHL team. Hell, they took all the Nordiques with them in the move.

I'd like to see Ottawa win,

just because I remember when they brought them back (early 90's)

and they were a total joke. I hope they get it for 'old time's sake'.

I'm hoping that Detroit and Colorado kick the living shit out of each other, leaving the finals much more interesting. I like Montreal because they have 3 major playoff advantages...1. Unstoppable goaltending 2.They play with pride and heart(even when they were heavily down against boston they kept coming at them and battled back, not the case with toronto in game one against ottawa) 3. A home crowd that would scare the shit...CANADA JUST SCORED A POWER PLAY GOAL AGAINST SLOVOKIA 2-0...EURO SOCCER PLAYING HOCKEY STARS MUST DIE...out of anybody. I don't know if they can pull it off when they're allowing 50 shots a game but I like their chances anyway. They're young and an exciting team to watch, nice balance of youth and veteran experience.

if all the canuck teams go out, ill go for colorado, theyre still the nords in my eyes. i think it would be great for ottawa, same as montreal, and i think the leafs are on the way out to be honest, theyre losng too many guys, but hey if sundin comes back that could be a huge boost of energy.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

i wish theyd trade yzerman to the leafs

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh man thats funny.

don't hate detroit, i mean damn they are right next door to canada, come on now. love thy neighbor...?

Oh and if you didn't pick up on it, I am pulling for Detroit.

If detroit takes it this year I'm betting Yzerman will call it quits (I'm not sure about his contract situation though). He should go out a winner, and he's broken. As for toronto getting Theodore, I doubt it..That guy is the franchise right now...Remember Roy in 1986...

McCabe fucked up hard on the final face off (with 12 seconds left). That guy blows.. 15 blew too, he screwed the pooch on that 2 on 2. Toronto's last goal was shit...Too bad for Lalime.

Guest greedy mars
Originally posted by blink_ATX

i bet they all lose:king:

NO!.

ANYWAYS. ALL THE WAY BRUINS.. HHA. YEAH ANYWAY. TORONTO. AND HMMM. TOUGH DISICION..

( I CANT SPELL)

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by ulcer

McCabe fucked up hard on the final face off (with 12 seconds left). That guy blows.. 15 blew too, he screwed the pooch on that 2 on 2. Toronto's last goal was shit...Too bad for Lalime.

What, u mean that offside call? That really wasn't. The ref fucked up. PLUS, Cujo was interfered with on the last Sens goal. I'm not just saying that, either. It matters not, though, 'cuz Toronto will kick muthafuckin' ass tomorrow.

Yeah, Colorodo is alright in a way, for the Nordiques reason, but still - thy're stacked, and the only stacked team I love is the Wings.

I can't comment on the Kaberle play (15), since i don't remember it.

------>drunkard.

Guest Canadiano

Boston ain't the same without Moog or Neely. Or Milbury at the helm. haha - that guy was so funny.

Quinn said that the coaches who were light on their feet as a player are the loudmouths.

that ain't the actual quote, but close enuff.

Guest greedy mars
Originally posted by Canadiano

Boston ain't the same without Moog or Neely. Or Milbury at the helm. haha - that guy was so funny.

Quinn said that the coaches who were light on their feet as a player are the loudmouths.

that ain't the actual quote, but close enuff.

ah yes you follow the bruins. im not a big fan but ill watch there games every so often.. but yeha moog was the shit

Originally posted by Canadiano

What, u mean that offside call? That really wasn't. The ref fucked up. PLUS, Cujo was interfered with on the last Sens goal. I'm not just saying that, either. It matters not, though, 'cuz Toronto will kick muthafuckin' ass tomorrow.

Yeah, Colorodo is alright in a way, for the Nordiques reason, but still - thy're stacked, and the only stacked team I love is the Wings.

I can't comment on the Kaberle play (15), since i don't remember it.

------>drunkard.

Um if you watched espn instead of the fascist cbc channel, you would have seen that that stick never came near cujo, and that hes just a bitching baby...

Not trying to be a dick, but i hate curtis "joe the sive" joseph

The CBC does favour toronto a fair bit, but you can't compare the coverage...No Don Cherry on ESPN...Nuff said. Just watched Montreal win in overtime. I used to live just down the street from the Molson centre..I bet it's nuts out there tonight.

detroit, you cannot discount the wings when they have got hasek. plus they keep coming at you. the lanche might pound them a bit hard though as they're likely to do. montreal and toronto aren't shit without their superstars, but toronto might make it to the finals because i don't like anyone else on the east to win better. i do admit i haven't been making a point of keeping up. i probably know about what happened the last time someone posted to this thread.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by shameless self promotion

Um if you watched espn instead of the fascist cbc channel, you would have seen that that stick never came near cujo, and that hes just a bitching baby...

Not trying to be a dick, but i hate curtis "joe the sive" joseph

you...you just dissed Joseph? FUCK THE TORONTO SUN!!! AND FUCK ALL THOSE WHO LOVE CUJO UNTIL 3 GOALS ARE LET IN WITHIN ONE PERIOD! Then they're like "whaaa! Let's put Schwab in, cuz Cujo sucks." Usually they're fags who don't follow hockey until the playoffs. I guess you're not a Toronto fan, but Curtis Joseph is an A-One character. Also, a lot of hypocritical hippies (u know the type) call Domi a terrible man, but he could very well be the most charitable person on the Leafs. That 's a tidbit of info if you're one of them.

Archived