'Steal This Book' by Abbie Hoffman

dai

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/dai/stbabbeyhoffman.jpg'>

A classic of counterculture literature and one of the most influential and controversial-documents of the twentieth century, Steal This Book is as valuable today as the day it was published. It has been in print continuously for more than three decades, and it has educated and inspired countless thousands of young activists.

Conceived as an instruction manual for radical social change,

Steal This Book is divided into three sections--Survive! Fight! and Liberate! Ever wonder how to start a guerrilla radio station? Or maybe you want to brush up on your shoplifting techniques. Perhaps you're just looking for the best free entertainment in New York City.

Packed with information, advice, and Abbie's unique outlaw wisdom, Steal This Book is a timeless reminder that, no matter what the struggle, freedom is always worth fighting for.

I picked this up at Barnes & Nobles today searching through the Cultural Science section. After I flipped through a few pages, I was sure I wanted it, and was on my way with it. It's great, i've only got into a few sections, but it's packed with stuff you're not going to find in the library. How to fight, how to steal, planting, buying & selling, ways to get all sorts of free stuff, etc etc. Check it out, it's definately worth your money...or you're uh..yeah.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there's a lot of it that isn't outdated...

the few that i can think of offhand are the list of foreign curency that has coins the same size as our coins (some of them are outdated, yes, but some of them are still available), and the trick involving the the payphone cord and a safety pin (although you now need wire cutters too) still work... there's a lot more too...

Guest blink_ATX
Originally posted by suburbian bum

sounds cool, ill buy it. I dont steal.

young man it says steal the book, now i think you should judge the book by tis cover and do what it says, like a slut in a hot outfit!!!!!!!!

ahahahah

Guest NATO

"WEAPONS FOR STREET FIGHTING

Spray Cans

These are a very effective and educating method of property destruction. If a liberated zone has been established or you find yourself on a quiet street away from the thick of things, pretty up the neighborhood. Slogans and symbols can be sprayed on rough surfaces such as brick or concrete walls that are a real bitch to remove unless expensive sandblasting is used."

ha ha

Yes the movie wasn't really what I expected. Anyway I dont own the book and have never read it, but some kid was telling me some things about it, like how to dig a hole and to stick your bag of buds in there and leave it there for awhile ad then go smoke it...now isnt that just plain stupid! I guess that would be cool if you liked inhaling fungus and mold spores. That was only one part though...

most of the airline stuff is out dated but the shopliftin stuff is good

or the free food at restants usally works

but the bad thing about this book is that it has been in press 4 30 year so the people we try to scam were readin it at are age so always think and try to put a spin on it . but the indy publising is much easyer with this hole internet thing!

Archived