getting along with siblings

Guest platapie

Guest platapie

alright today my mom just went crazy buck wild on me cause i wouldnt burn a cd for my sister. i know it seems childish but one i was walking out the door and two i hate her fucking guts. and then she started fuckign with all my shit on the computer tryign to do it her self and i wa sliek wtf are you doing? and she says if i have to do it myslef ill do it myself. so i say you have to download music first im not just going to have the crap you listen to. and my mom wigs out and tells me i should get along oe move out. so of course i say, mom you dont get along with your sister so why shoudl i get along with mine?( i must say i would love to get along with my sister but the fact that for the past 20 years all she has tried to do is screw me over every chance she getsit makes it very hard) i like my brother hes kool. and its not liek i go out of my way to fuck her over or anythign she just wigs out then my mom gets all salty.

any similar stories with you guys?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by platapie

the fact that for the past 20 years all she has tried to do is screw me over every chance she getsit makes it very hard

muahahahahaha:lol:

Me and my brother are more or less cool. He's only two years younger than me and is a skater/stoner kid too. Sometimes he pisses me off, sometimes he gets away with shit coz he's the youngest and some times I get blamed for beating him up. Oh well. When he gets me mad I just make fun of his dreads.........;)

I think if he was a lot younger or a chick I'd probably hae him more......

Guest platapie
Originally posted by suburbian bum

HAHA your 20 and living at home.

yes i am and dam proud. free grub and my mom pays for thigns. ive already did teh whoel im gonan move out thing when i was 16. so get off the nuts for a second while i enjoy my mommie cooking my dinner. turkey with gravy and cranberrie sauce. please belive its a good deal. and if all i have to deal with is my dumb sister im down.

Guest HAL

Are your children fighting constantly? Maybe I can help with a few suggestions. First of all realize this occurs in all families. Remember children can get frustrated or angry with a sibling and unlike adults they don't have the self-control or the wisdom to handle the frustrations as adults have learned. So your role naturally as their parent will be to teach them self-control and give them wisdom: it isn't easy, but it can be accomplished.

First of all if they are fighting or pushing or even hitting then you as a parent will need to just be firm and say this is not going to go on and that there will be restricting of one or the other or both depending on the sibling who is at fault. Then ask one child why would you do this to the other child and try to find out the root of the problem.

Another thought is to put both children in chairs at the kitchen table and tell them you are not going to ask a question as to why this happened and that you want them to solve the problem before they are to watch television or to do anything else. If it takes awhile then it is worth the time. If you are in the kitchen you can be doing dishes, cooking, etc. and accomplish something while they just sit and consider solving this problem, bet the problem will be solved without the television, video games or anything else to take over their attention.

Now sometimes you will need to listen from a distance when siblings are fussing as they can solve it themselves a lot of the time plus you don't want to be in the middle each time they fuss anyway. If you need to interrupt the argument, do so, but please don't take sides, try separating the children for perhaps ten minutes then let them be together again, try this a few times. If you need to inquire as to why one or the other or both are fighting, tell them to tell you in maybe two sentences, no more, no detailed explanation.

As a last resort tell them if they can't get along then they will be separated and won't have the chance to fight with one or the other of their siblings.

Guest HAL

All people have aggressive feelings. As adults, we learn how to control these feelings. Children, however, are often physically aggressive – they hit, bite and scratch others. These behaviors are fairly common and often appear by the child's first birthday. Parents often struggle over how to manage their child's aggressive and/or destructive behavior.

While some biting can occur during normal development, persistent biting can be a sign that a child has emotional or behavioral problems. While many children occasionally fight with or hit others, frequent and/or severe physical aggression may mean that a child is having serious emotional or behavioral problems that require professional evaluation and intervention. Persistent fighting or biting when a child is in daycare or preschool can be a serious problem. At this age, children have much more contact with peers and are expected to be able to make friends and get along

BITING

Many children start aggressive biting between one and three years of age. Biting can be a way for a child to test his or her power or to get attention. Some children bite because they are unhappy, anxious or jealous. Sometimes biting may result from excessive or harsh discipline or exposure to physical violence. Parents should remember that children who are teething might also bite. Biting is the most common reason children get expelled from day care.

What to do:

Say "no", immediately, in a calm but firm and disapproving tone.

For a toddler (1-2 years), firmly hold the child, or put the child down.

For a young child (2-3 years) say, "biting is not okay because it hurts people."

Do NOT bite a child to show how biting feels. This teaches the child aggressive behavior.

If biting persists, try a negative consequence. For example, do not hold or play with a child for five minutes after he or she bites.

If these techniques or interventions are not effective, parents should talk to their family physician.

FIGHTING AND HITTING

Toddlers and preschool age children often fight over toys. Sometimes children are unintentionally rewarded for aggressive behavior. For example, one child may push another child down and take away a toy. If the child cries and walks away, the aggressive child feels successful since he or she got the toy. It is important to identify whether this pattern is occurring in children who are aggressive.

What to do:

It is more effective to intervene before a child starts hitting. For example, intervene as soon as you see the child is very frustrated or getting upset.

When young children fight a lot, supervise them more closely.

If a child hits another child, immediately separate the children. Then try to comfort and attend to the other child.

For a toddler (1-2 years) say, "No hitting. Hitting hurts."

For a young child (2-3 years) say, "I know you are angry, but don't hit. Hitting hurts." This begins to teach empathy to your child.

Do NOT hit a child if he or she is hitting others. This teaches the child to use aggressive behavior.

Parents should not ignore or down play fighting between siblings.

When hitting or fighting is frequent, it may be a sign that a child has other problems. For example, he or she may be sad or upset, have problems controlling anger, have witnessed violence or may have been the victim of abuse at day care, school, or home.

Research has shown that children who are physically aggressive at a younger age are more likely to continue this behavior when they are older. Studies have also shown that children who are repeatedly exposed to violence and aggression from TV, videos and movies act more aggressively. If a young child has a persistent problem with fighting and biting or aggressive behavior, parents should seek professional assistance from a child and adolescent psychiatrist or other mental health professional who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of behavior problems in very young children.

Guest willy.wonka

i used to beat the shit out ofmy brother...then he fought back and there was no reason to punch his face anymore....i used to hate him.now we're like brothers...hey!we are brothers...

my eldest brother stole my sega saturn, my grandmas jewelry(after she died), my moms jewelry, my FUCKING vcr, tons of money from everyone, and 5k in bonds that only ME or my DAD could cash.

all for crack money...

is your sister hot or what? nm ill just ask around...

Guest ego trippin

I got 3 brothers and they all shit me up the fuckin wall. I'm the second oldest, so as long as i don't repeat my older brothers mistakes, i'm sweet by my parents. My younger brother's also a writer, albeit a toy one. It's kinda cool though, i've got someone to pass my hard earned knowledge onto. I look out for him and tell older writers that are shitty with him to step the fuck off. In return, he listens with an attentive ear and tells me all the little snippets of information he hears around the place. Judging by how he's doing now, he's gonna be a decent writer when he's older. Just the other day i heard two toys talking. One said "hey, do you know who *****'s brother is?" The other toy said no, so the first one said "He's (insert tag here)!!!" The other toy was suitably impressed and my little brother got props for having me as a bro.

Peace

Originally posted by platapie

she just wigs out then my mom gets all salty.

Sounds like a unbalanced diet of Salt & Vineger chips....

But for real I dont have any siblings...so I wouldnt know..my mom trys to use the computer...but usually fails...which is probably for the better...since shed probably fuck everything up...like the time she erased all 2,000 of my mp3's...that was fun...

knuckle up

me n my bro use to box all the time bustin eachother in the grill bust bats and knives out on eachother get in to some real deal fuckin brawls. Then we began to smoke weed together and we've been happy ever since......we're to old to fight:dazed:

Originally posted by WhenOne

i dont have siblings, people tell me im lucky but im not sure

i think it would be fun to have a punkass little brother or sis to

fight with

ha.. same here.

Archived