O'CLOCK 156

Peds

Originally posted by IVO AKM KILLERZ

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS COMMENT AND I'M FROM AUSTRALIA, AUSTRALIANS ROCK MORE NYC CLEANS AS WELL!

ive checked out a lot of europe's stuff, a lot of oz's stuff, very very very fresh shit, i give lots of you guys props, mad creative, innovative and unique (redundancy on my part) but anyway, this whole "rockin nyc trans more than we" with regards to this, you'd be sad to know that the subway campaigns have been nearly dead for a looooooooong while, it's practically impossible to find a train resting somewhere that's not crawling with either vandal squad or transit cops, train yards are completely cut off protected by constant video surveilance, foot patrol, dogs, not to mention innaccecible due to barbed wire, ,and the likes of a double felony charge for vandalism and trespassing, which i dont exactly know how it works in europe or oz, but here.... if you have a felony on your record = hard fuckin time finding a job, hard time getting into any school and so on, which is probably why the majority of the graff moved to streets and rooftops, the charges are still felonies, but on the street writers are more mobile and less confined, harder to get caught in this case... now i'm definitely not knocking the extensive effort on the part of overseas law enforcement, i'm sure it's comparably as difficult to do things over there as it is here, but understand where we're coming from, nyc has been dealing with graff heads for decades, and just like you'll never find a shortage of writers in this city, you'll also never find a shortage of people looking to make graff equally as illegal as attemted murder .... (a friend of mine was locked up for a year for trespassing in the F yard by coney island only 3 years ago)... so comparing nyc transit with european and australian transit is futile... i give much respect to all that keep graff alive throughout the world... i've said my peace...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by shadokrusher

train yards are completely cut off protected by constant video surveilance, foot patrol, dogs, not to mention innaccecible due to barbed wire

There will always be an exploitable hole in the system. Although I have no experience of painting the NYC subway, I've heard that it is comparatively very easy and that it does get done on the reg.

if you have a felony on your record = hard fuckin time finding a job, hard time getting into any school and so on

We don't have felonies, but if you have a criminal record in the UK it can prevent you from getting certain jobs. I would recommend putting down "N/A" in any box asking for information on criminal records, as this can be interpreted in many ways. The vast majority of companies will not check and, if pressed, you can say that you thought that your record was "Not Applicable" to the job you were applying for.

nyc has been dealing with graff heads for decades

Admittedly longer than in the UK, but it's been here for over 2 decades. We have our own version of your "vandal squad", they are constantly developing new fences to keep writers out the yards, putting in sensors, helicopters patrolling yards, security guards, video surveillance, etc. Plus the new "Name that Tag" campaign you may have heard about.

you'll also never find a shortage of people looking to make graff equally as illegal as attemted murder

They are cracking down on it hard in the UK. They've introduce Anti-Social Behaviour Orders (ASBOs), which are effectively a form of "yellow card". A one strike and you're out deal. If you breach the ASBO, you are guaranteed a custodial sentence.

a friend of mine was locked up for a year for trespassing in the F yard by coney island only 3 years ago

Yes, but what was his previous?

i give much respect to all that keep graff alive throughout the world... i've said my peace...

I'm with you on that. All respect to those out there and doing their thing, regardless of the barriers.

freeque, much props for comin on some correct shit...

we can clearly see that the anti graff campaigns throughout the world are shitty, i cant speak for europe though, i'm european by blood, and would love to go back one day and contribute to the movement over there any way i can, because no matter where you go graff is graff, ,the smell of the paint, the sight of the colors and flow of letters... well basically you know what im saying, it's fucked up anywhere you go... but back to the nyc shit... i think it's almost an unconscious collective movement that transferred graff from the subways to the streets, we can both agree that no one wants to get caught, and the law enforcement concentrated their graffiti stopping efforts on the transit systems when it went after it, so in a sort of darwinian pattern you saw the graff move from trains to streets, even if you check most of the nyc threads in metal heads, brick slayers or wahtever, you'll see a domination of street bombing as opposed to transit, transit still does get hit, but it's less frequent nowadays than it was... but the street campaigns are fucking nuts... instead of hitting trains, i see a lot of rooftops along elevated lines being hit much more, and even the streets below the elevated lines, mcdonald avenue in brooklyn under the F line is quite fucking fresh when you walk/ or drive it because it's littered with factories that do next to nothing to prevent that shit with exception to some cameras put up.... also, this is a HUGE city, and as far as i know there arent too manyn freight yards even, or i havent been able to find em, we do have one set of abandoned tracks that cuts right through brooklyn, it's used for freight transport once in a while, but it's also very hot, knowing that there is a stretch of walls unguarded, the law enforcement have an idea that graff writers might seek solace under the protection of dead surroundings, so sometimes they hide out there for hours waiting for someone to trespass and then they bag you, it really sucks, and is very frustrating... anyway, i dont want to clog this oclock thread with my stories anymore, so if you're down to continue this convo, you can email me MellowAlb@aol.com, or hit me up on instant messenger "mellowalbo"... peace nigga

ive checked out a lot of europe's stuff, a lot of oz's stuff, very very very fresh shit, i give lots of you guys props, mad creative, innovative and unique (redundancy on my part) but anyway, this whole "rockin nyc trans more than we" with regards to this, you'd be sad to know that the subway campaigns have been nearly dead for a looooooooong while, it's practically impossible to find a train resting somewhere that's not crawling with either vandal squad or transit cops, train yards are completely cut off protected by constant video surveilance, foot patrol, dogs, not to mention innaccecible due to barbed wire, ,and the likes of a double felony charge for vandalism and trespassing, which i dont exactly know how it works in europe or oz, but here.... if you have a felony on your record = hard fuckin time finding a job, hard time getting into any school and so on, which is probably why the majority of the graff moved to streets and rooftops, the charges are still felonies, but on the street writers are more mobile and less confined, harder to get caught in this case... now i'm definitely not knocking the extensive effort on the part of overseas law enforcement, i'm sure it's comparably as difficult to do things over there as it is here, but understand where we're coming from, nyc has been dealing with graff heads for decades, and just like you'll never find a shortage of writers in this city, you'll also never find a shortage of people looking to make graff equally as illegal as attemted murder .... (a friend of mine was locked up for a year for trespassing in the F yard by coney island only 3 years ago)... so comparing nyc transit with european and australian transit is futile... i give much respect to all that keep graff alive throughout the world... i've said my peace...

big dea... those measures are everywhere... deal with it..

how does barbed wire make a yard inaccessible?

Originally posted by skrib139

big dea... those measures are everywhere... deal with it..

how does barbed wire make a yard inaccessible?

calm down killa, no one's complaining, just explaining, and get back to me on that barbed wire comment when you try climbing through razor spiral wires 2 feet in diameter (approximately 2/3 of a meter) that rest atop a 15 foot gate with the half inch hole sizes so ur feet can't be used to slip into the spacings, listen dude, i wouldn't come on this thread poppin shit for the life of me, it ain't my style, but when some cats come in here makin statements they know NOTHING about, i gotta come correct, and lay the facts on the line... i wasn't dissin anyone or knocking graff in any part of the world, i LOVE the fact that graff is universal, and this "who's continent is better" bullshit needs to cease, cause that's some grade school shit for sure... i'm an adult, and have been writing for a long long while, and love it, graff is intricately woven into my life, so don't condescend my statements when your brain is about the size of the bearings in a can... peace nigga, i got nothin but love for this game, you should too

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by wakeups

Recently went to Paris, seen one road side and one half finished scratch in the side of a carpark ticket machine.....he aint a king no more<

GT aint even got that much up no more....

the buff to 2 years ago got read of most of o'clocks,smat and GT stuff. i have herd form a guy who had painted with him that he has hung up his boots as far as bombing missions go. but still gos out form time to time but not like how he was proforming towords the late 90tys.

could all be rubbish tho...

Archived