sew...philly

Ceso One SAF

DAN THE TARGET MAN

I'm affraid I'm gonna have to set the record str8 once more. DanOne 215 PF OMT FBA is not the same DAN the bombed the 70's and 80's in fact "DAN the TARGET MAN" is in fact black and the other is not. Also DanOne OMT is from brooklynn originally and was not even in philly at the time of DAN the TARGET MAN was dropp'n jewls. I know them both.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kasmoney

HEY CATONTHESACK CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAF??

GOOD LOOKIN ON THE DAN ISSUE DINT WANT DUDE GETTIN OTHERS PROPS...

YO KAS!!!!!

Originally posted by kasmoney

HEY CATONTHESACK CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAF??

GOOD LOOKIN ON THE DAN ISSUE DINT WANT DUDE GETTIN OTHERS PROPS...

Do like all the other philly writers and just recycle a print from the old masters

Guest kasmoney

IM SORRY IM A VANDAL NOT SUM ART FAG SO I DONT KNOW WHAT THE OLD MASTERS IS...WHAT DA FUCK YOU TALKIN BOUT?

re DAN: thats what i thought originally, so PRSTAR misinformed me....for those of you who know philly, i had fairly good reasons to believe PRSTAR would know what he was talking about, despite my doubts. so, ok, then that leaves JESC as the only bombing member of that crew.

as for the slew of "illegal" sew shit...i believe i said clearly that the pake and ads days were his last illegal painting days. thats almost 8 years ago. all the other "illegal" sew things are clear as to what they are: they may be "illegal" technically, but ill quote ENEM from the second on the ON THE GO video: "sure you hit something on the tracks, hid behind someones crib in the ghetto...but try hittin the CORNER where dudes are making LOOT...."

im tired of beating this dead horse, you like sew, great, i like him too. but if youre trying to convince me now that hes got respect on the streets, youre smoking. look at all those "illegal" things? theyre all like 3 and 4 color pieces or straight letters that are cut up with thin caps and shit....no rootops or street shit, no tags or fillins...that one fillin is under train bridge where you can sit and piece all day...as with most of that shit. im really not interested in splitting hairs now, but the bottom line is that sew hasnt been on the streets in years (like almost 8)...and im telling you, i give respect where respect is due..JESC is down with the legal squad, but that cat STILL rips it...im flicking brand new JESC shit to this day...he is a legal writer that deserves this type of validation...whatever it is. start a JESC thread and ill be the first to sign up with kudos. but i can go sit under some chill train tracks and paint super clean str8 letters too...if thats the going rate for "illegal" these days, then shit.....fuck these streets, lets all hang out on amtrak property!

Guest kasmoney

YEA JESC IS GUTTA...THAT DUDE STILL TAGS ALL OVER NORTH PHILLY..I CANT THINK OF ANYONE ESLE WIT HIS SKILLS THAT ARE STILL OUT HITTIN CORNERS...VANDAL IS A VANDAL..AND AN ART FAG IS AN ART FAG!

GRINDIN!

KAS I can post some sew prints he's got a smoke hand. But there are hard to come across because he doesn't bomb but i think i got a couple nice tags and a couple wickets as well. Sounds like most of you don't really know the dude and are in some ways offened that he's not a strickly tag and rag kinda guy. But of Tagger suck to def at pieing and couldn't burn to save thier life. and is why they only tag. But who the fuck cares we need both in this game.

Big up to SEW doing your thing... Cheerleader you might as well just leave this thread alone, we understand where you are coming from and really don't care, how come we are giving props and you hate that? Is he taking fame away from you and your boys? First you complain about the way he pieces, then you complained about him not rocking illegals well at least for the past 8 years(then cat in the hat, proved that point wrong) and now you are all on his case(jock) about them not being on the streets and the corners, I guess a person like you just can't be satisfied. And since you and your boys just bomb, then your wack for not doing pieces, you have to rock all aspects RIGHT? isn't that something you would say. Actually prove me wrong, and post some of your and your boys pieces on this thread---->Hotdamn it's getting ugly...

Guest dukeofyork

shut up already people...damn..

cheerleader is right, sew doesnt bomb...but he wasnt strictly a legal eagle the whole time......but does it matter? why do people care so fucking much what sew does? or any writer for that matter...

and molotow, cheerleader can piece. now im not sure if he can piece as good as sew, but it doesnt really matter. he does what he likes, you and sew do what you like.

threads always get ruined the second someone takes criticism the way too personally. check other threads on here for similar arguments starting with statements like:

but so and so only does legals..

but so and so only does freights..

but so and so cant piece..

freights are for pussies, cleans are where its at..

why would you want to paint cleans, they dont run?

so and sos pieces always look the same..

unless you want to argue with everyone about the whole thing for 4+ pages, avoid these statements, or dont respond to their responses.

gayness.:mad:

Guest MONSTERKIDZ

This kid Sew has natural talent as far as pieces go big deal...

this does not make him a writer!

you guys swing on his nuts like he was doing something new and ground breaking

all his letters are reused/ re hashed from other writers...

where was this kid before the internet? nowhere..

so gimme a break with all this ball suckin that goes on here

Any way one with the post

I'd like to see some more flix cause i know i don't have every thing. someone here has to have some of the early stuff. Does any one have flix of the yellow and green "P's " that pake did with decade on 5th street in the 90's any one from girard to wyoming. I wish i would have taken more of his throws. He had alot of different styles floating around.

yeah, look, everyone, im just gonna drop, cause a lot of you are right...this is looking like i have some vendetta against the dude, and i dont. ive said it a bunch a times, i actually respect and like sews shit for the genre its in....i guess im ust a stickler for getting the "story" straight, and ive had really frustrating experiences in the past with this crew "marketing" themselves as representative of philly graff culture, and theyre not. as far as what people like, who am i to tell you what is good....if you guys love sew, so be it. but my only involvement in this thread (which wouldve been the same for pose2, dna, bent, etc...) is to be the voice of the rest of philly, saying, hey, look - this may be aesthetically pleasing to some or all, but its not representative of our graff culture. but maybe i jumped the gun myself - maybe no one was ever realy saying that. i think i just bristled at the implication of his presence in a videogame as being determinitive of his impact on philly graff. now, im realizing, maybe theres just a nationwide appreciation for him and his piecing, and i should just leave it at that. i dont hate sew, and i thinks hes a cool guy actually, i just really have a chip on my shoulder about how philly's actual graff culture often gets slighted because the legal kids graff is more "aesthetically" pleasing. in other words, because people dont understand wickeds or tall prints, and since a sew LOOKS visually appealing, it kind of takes on its own mythic quality that i feel doesnt accurately reflect its place in philly graff. but i digress because i realize 90% of the people who are reading this dont even know what the word "aestheitically" means, and , as usual, im talkign to no one. my point in a nutshell: sew does great stuff, but theres a lot of people with less 'pretty' graffiti here that have earned their stripes. thats it.

as for my graff, i dont like the whole "well, lets see your stuff" argument. im nto arguing from the big-dick hiphop heirarchy of graff. im a firm believer that you can criticize and qualify this culture without having to be 'better' than anyone you criticize or qualify. DAIM for sure could piece circles around me...that doesnt preclude me from wanting to vomit on his graff. conversely, i dont think kids (toys) whoe doen nothing can really speak if they havent really earned a place in the culture. i feel like ive doen enough graff and travelled enough to have a fairly good grasp on the history and culture of philadelphia and pittsburgh pennsylvania. thats all i speak authoritatively on - i defer to new yorkers about new york, west coast kids about the west coast, etc. so, i havent claimed and dont claim to be better than sew...ive said that since jump. i just have an intellectual interest in making sure that, on a national forum like this, that my town gets portrayed appropriately. its not unlike the new york threads, where manhatten gets all the press cause its where everyone goes - the new yorkers dont "hate" the downtown set, but they DO feel its a misrepresentation of the city's graff scene...same with me here. i think sew and comapny did their thing. kudos. im jus tthe thorn in the side, reminding peole that 5th and cecil b. moore is but ONE corner in our town. thats it. so im gonna leave it alone now, cause you guys have made some good points, and i really hate sounding like i have some personal agenda agaisnt sew - i honestly dont. i flick his shit like everyone else, and it painted fucking well. no dis to sew and comapny. keep up the good work.

and just so people dont think i dont stand by my words...heres a train i did last year...its the only shit i have on my freephoto account since that shit went bust, so sorry its a connector...b

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/mrniser/nge2e.jpg'>

Guest dukeofyork
Originally posted by cheerleader

yeah, look, everyone, im just gonna drop, cause a lot of you are right...this is looking like i have some vendetta against the dude, and i dont. ive said it a bunch a times, i actually respect and like sews shit for the genre its in....i guess im ust a stickler for getting the "story" straight, and ive had really frustrating experiences in the past with this crew "marketing" themselves as representative of philly graff culture, and theyre not. as far as what people like, who am i to tell you what is good....if you guys love sew, so be it. but my only involvement in this thread (which wouldve been the same for pose2, dna, bent, etc...) is to be the voice of the rest of philly, saying, hey, look - this may be aesthetically pleasing to some or all, but its not representative of our graff culture. but maybe i jumped the gun myself - maybe no one was ever realy saying that. i think i just bristled at the implication of his presence in a videogame as being determinitive of his impact on philly graff. now, im realizing, maybe theres just a nationwide appreciation for him and his piecing, and i should just leave it at that. i dont hate sew, and i thinks hes a cool guy actually, i just really have a chip on my shoulder about how philly's actual graff culture often gets slighted because the legal kids graff is more "aesthetically" pleasing. in other words, because people dont understand wickeds or tall prints, and since a sew LOOKS visually appealing, it kind of takes on its own mythic quality that i feel doesnt accurately reflect its place in philly graff. but i digress because i realize 90% of the people who are reading this dont even know what the word "aestheitically" means, and , as usual, im talkign to no one. my point in a nutshell: sew does great stuff, but theres a lot of people with less 'pretty' graffiti here that have earned their stripes. thats it.

as for my graff, i dont like the whole "well, lets see your stuff" argument. im nto arguing from the big-dick hiphop heirarchy of graff. im a firm believer that you can criticize and qualify this culture without having to be 'better' than anyone you criticize or qualify. DAIM for sure could piece circles around me...that doesnt preclude me from wanting to vomit on his graff. conversely, i dont think kids (toys) whoe doen nothing can really speak if they havent really earned a place in the culture. i feel like ive doen enough graff and travelled enough to have a fairly good grasp on the history and culture of philadelphia and pittsburgh pennsylvania. thats all i speak authoritatively on - i defer to new yorkers about new york, west coast kids about the west coast, etc. so, i havent claimed and dont claim to be better than sew...ive said that since jump. i just have an intellectual interest in making sure that, on a national forum like this, that my town gets portrayed appropriately. its not unlike the new york threads, where manhatten gets all the press cause its where everyone goes - the new yorkers dont "hate" the downtown set, but they DO feel its a misrepresentation of the city's graff scene...same with me here. i think sew and comapny did their thing. kudos. im jus tthe thorn in the side, reminding peole that 5th and cecil b. moore is but ONE corner in our town. thats it. so im gonna leave it alone now, cause you guys have made some good points, and i really hate sounding like i have some personal agenda agaisnt sew - i honestly dont. i flick his shit like everyone else, and it painted fucking well. no dis to sew and comapny. keep up the good work.

and just so people dont think i dont stand by my words...heres a train i did last year...its the only shit i have on my freephoto account since that shit went bust, so sorry its a connector...b

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/mrniser/nge2e.jpg'>

the only thing id point out is that you did say that if you stood on the corner at a legal wall for years on end, youd be able to piece like that too. who knows, you probably could, but still, it takes years of dedication, even if at no risk. i could also argue that if i lived in philly within a couple of years id learn the philly hands....and how to bomb with philly styles..

sew bombed at one point, and like you said, his bombing days are over. but he did put in work at one point. and at least hes still painting. i dunno.....he needs to do more freights. :D

nice job on that kcs too.....i know id kill at least 10 flicks on the roll on it..

yeah duke, what can i say, i got caught up in the back and forht of it and lost my point..i DO still have some personal reservations about legal shit (meaning that i stand by my comment - i think with a legal wall and 10 years, id at least HOPE id be fucking good!) but my persoanl feelings about legals are seperate from the objective point i was trying to make, which got convoluted. as for learnign the philly style, i highly doubt it though, bro...many have tried, all have failed. but i agree on the fr8s....although sew did used to a bucnh with pre...so i think thats another point...at one time he did do his work...i just bristle at the concept of legal writers repping a city that is one the most anti-legal graff cities in the country.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by dukeofyork

i could also argue that if i lived in philly within a couple of years id learn the philly hands....and how to bomb with philly styles..

a dreamers dream

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MONSTERKIDZ

yall niggas sound like a bunch of lil girls, all this male ball suckin is makin

me horny

only thing i have to say is there are zero sew pieces anywhere in the bronx

and if there were they be dissed in 2 seconds

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest DatzwhutzuP

catinthehat, we know u got all the hot flix, why dont u post some and show some of these heads wassup! post some more fr8s from sew and premoney

Re: ILLEGAL?

Originally posted by DEMOLITION

cheerleader is correct on the illegal tip like always dont fight with the dude becuse you want zews dick in your mouth. i met sew on two occasions and yeaah he is a cool ass dude but also those peices are the chill spots of philly. climbing roofs and gettin it on on the corners is how philly graffiti writers operate thats why kids got tags at the tops of buislindgs insteada productions under overpasses..........shits legit

all this talk on the thread has me planning a visit to Philly in the next couple of years.

Biggups to all the unsung 'heroes' in this culture, in every city.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived