sew...philly

Ceso One SAF

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TO CHEER

Yeah i agree he isn't and illegal writer any more and we are all lucky he still blesses us with burners after he quit. but i bet if he was still in the game like he was years ago,,, at this stage he'd be a pretty fucking big impact. painting with heads like enem denski kape karaz raka pre braze esde sat far and many more i guess those guys don't really respect him either MUCH LOVE TOO ALL WRITERS IN GENERAL DO YA THANG !!!!!!!!

are you just hearing what you want to hear?? you keep saying "i guess they dont got repsect for him"...read my words, player...i got MAD repsect for sew, for WHAT HE DOES. but scroll up at the 8 zillion flix you just posted. not one illegal thing in the whole bunch. man, let me stand at cecil b. moore every saturday for years and ill have the same flick collection. all im saying is that a legal writer. period.

ok yeah he is now...i agree

there is 2 out of all those there were on cecil just two. the last one on there is illegal i caught next to pre and nyce on the side of a old shopping mall that is no longer there but if you wanna see his illgals i can scan them up. there is tons of illegal sew pieces pake pieces ads pieces. fresh pieces but YES SEW IS LEGAL NOW except for some tags i recently seen in Frankford. I'll post some of his illegals i have alot of fr8's and railroad walls and illegal silver pieces. He didn't always paint legals is what i'm saying. It's like when you grow up and out of things you usually move up to a different shit. Most writers stop all together when they are finished bombing like sooo many kings that come and go, I guess if he stopped painting all together when he stopped bombing he would have got your blessings? His love for the art keeps him paint just for the sake of it. BUT YES SEW IS LEGAL now and so is alot of old heads.

Originally posted by dukeofyork

i find all this shit talking behind screen names to be VERY humorous...

dukeof york: if your talking to me, everyone know who i am..i aint hiding...for legal reasons, its stupid to use your actual tag (for instance, i doubt you WRITE dukeof york) but scroll up through this thread even...about 4 or 5 people call me by name...no ones hiding, bro...sew and company have known how i feel about legals forever. ask CED.

Guest MilknCereal
Originally posted by emit_df

Sew is pretty dope...........I just don't know about that photoshop subway car.

ha. yeah thats a joke i guess

Guest dukeofyork
Originally posted by cheerleader

dukeof york: if your talking to me, everyone know who i am..i aint hiding...for legal reasons, its stupid to use your actual tag (for instance, i doubt you WRITE dukeof york) but scroll up through this thread even...about 4 or 5 people call me by name...no ones hiding, bro...sew and company have known how i feel about legals forever. ask CED.

it wasnt intended to be an insult to you...

it was just from where i was sitting..

cause i know who both you and cat in the hat are. (not personally with you, but ive met cat in the hat)

Damn from the sounds of it, you shouldn't have even jumped into this thread Cheerleader, for one you are making yourself look bad complaining about who is doing what and where. You are getting on the defensive about Sew and saying that he isn't holding it down for Philly right. I re-read all of these posts on this thread, and not one person said he had shit on lock in your city, they just said he makes an impact on people, which he truely does. You say you respect him but you try to make him look like a clown on this site, post your shit and let people judge on who makes more of an impact, are you even on that level? Is that why you hate, because I have a family too and receiving my bachelor degree real soon, and trying to make life lovely, and I mostly do legals too, because hey why not, I can and I will. I have done my damage in the 10 years I have been writing, now I am moving on to bigger better things but that's just me, you do YOUR thing and I will do MINE. Here again just to make you upset, Sew and the majority of writers that do productions DO MAKE AN IMPACT, I bet that's why you started. Big up to SEW and those doing their thing....

Sew's pieces are illll. To take jocking to a higher level- i prefer his 9d7ish style. I rember a 95 highway fence spot he did, it clowned all the other bombs that ever went there (except king kair). I was brought up like most of the true skool writers in 215 its: the combination of style with~> tags, ~>throwies and ~>pieces. and then consider the spot its in.

I get mad at cheep fame too but these days whats a soldier to do.

Oh and philly graff scene is fuckin dead! The buff is a bitch. I cant blame certain writers for wanting to resort to only legals (im not one of them)

Originally posted by molotow4ever

Damn from the sounds of it, you shouldn't have even jumped into this thread Cheerleader, for one you are making yourself look bad complaining about who is doing what and where. You are getting on the defensive about Sew and saying that he isn't holding it down for Philly right. I re-read all of these posts on this thread, and not one person said he had shit on lock in your city, they just said he makes an impact on people, which he truely does. You say you respect him but you try to make him look like a clown on this site, post your shit and let people judge on who makes more of an impact, are you even on that level? Is that why you hate, because I have a family too and receiving my bachelor degree real soon, and trying to make life lovely, and I mostly do legals too, because hey why not, I can and I will. I have done my damage in the 10 years I have been writing, now I am moving on to bigger better things but that's just me, you do YOUR thing and I will do MINE. Here again just to make you upset, Sew and the majority of writers that do productions DO MAKE AN IMPACT, I bet that's why you started. Big up to SEW and those doing their thing....

well, a few things, bro:

first off, im not making anyone look bad, least of all myself. as you have psoted 4 times, you probably dont know, but i make a fairly regular habit out of speaking my mind. if i cared that you or others thought less of me, id have quit long ago.

second, as for the evolution of this thread...all i said at first was that i disagree with the implication that SEW being in tony hawk means he had an impact that he earned. i still feel the same. i AM respectful of what he does, to an extent. but i do think in his genre (legal production stuff) theres a gang of heads in nyc that i feel made the "impact"...sew to me seems to be erely a disciple of that school. i know that PF crew from 95-99 (when so became FX) was like FX jr. being impacted, not making an impact. i didnt get itno all the relevant street details unitl the dude host18 dym tried to pull my card saying im jealous. im saying, no, im in no way jealous of a legal writer..its not my kind of graff. i dont know about legal writers across the world, i ust know philly...and i know in philly, sew isnt considered a writer who had impact on anyone. and for the record, i never said i did either....thats not my point. but you also dont see threads about me saying or claiming that i do. theres a distinction.

as for the life shit/omplications...i have my bachelors degree that i got in 2000. im less than a year away from having a JD. i got a nice life too, that iw orked hard for. i respect and support any wirter that makes good in life, including you and SEW. but i gotta say i did the same thing without painting legal walls for 8 years. i may not have SEW rep, but i have a nice amount of exposure, have been in a handful of good zines, including the source for some reason, and it was all about 99% illegal. so i represent all my peoples that hustle on the daily grind, that spent their time in the bing eating cheese sandwiches for this shit.....its pretty hard for me to sit back and see 40 pieces that were all painted in the day time, at their own pace, with like music on and girls watching....i really dont find the "impact" to real visceral. sorry. but i at least have the presence of mind to repeat tht, hey, this is just my opinion. sew is a cool guy and a really good artist. just not someone i would characterize as having an "impact" here in his hometown. you can take that how you want it, but its pretty objective down here. cats in any hood will tell you who KADISM is. sew, not likely. maybe at the local hiphop shop. thats why i corroborated what i said by pointing to espo's book. you may not ike my opinion, but ESPO is a respected philadelphian, here and abroad...and how much PF is in there vs. Kadism, Razz, Suroc, Dasar, Nope, Denske, Erx, etc....we know what matters down here. and we love FX for what they do....but impact is a big word. one a little too big for the writer at issue here...

and i wasnt gonna say it, but now that others did, peep the photoshopped illegality up above. i mean, COME ON.

Guest blancito

legal vs ill

and this is a quote from banksy...(www.banksy.co.uk - if curious)

"getting paranoid is an occupational hazard of illicit street painting, which is good. your mind is at its best when you're being paranoid. you explore every avenue and possibility of your situation at high speed with total clarity. i'm not interested in looking at things made by people who aren't paranoid, they're not working to their full capacity"

just one of many reasons why illegalshit always trumps legal spots.

Yes I understand what you are saying, eventhough I don't agree with everything, I respect what you say. I am not even near Philly to be honest with you but just from reading this it seems like you were trying to bash, if you don't feel the shit that people do on legal walls, don't go and post their simple as that, that's why it looks like your hating eventhough your not. Don't get me wrong I would love to be wrecking things on the streets again, just shit gets in the way. You got to do what you got to do, I still once and a great while go out and rock a yard or whatever. But my legals outdo my illegals, and that's just how it is with me but oh well, you know maybe shit isn't as easy to hit here as it is there who knows........

Peace

Guest kasmoney

yea sew got mad props but i dont think i have ever seen a tag or throw-up or white out slam from the man..his paint skills are ill but philly is mostly about one thing street rep....from tellypole to wall to stop sign and back to wall again...and any other thing that will take a slam ...so shut da fuck up n let catinthehat keep jockin sew like he is his boyfriend.

post the illegals before you type another word catonthesack..

cheerleader likes to rape goats!

Originally posted by molotow4ever

.... You got to do what you got to do, I still once and a great while go out and rock a yard or whatever. But my legals outdo my illegals, and that's just how it is with me but oh well, you know maybe shit isn't as easy to hit here as it is there who knows........

Peace

yo, no beef, bro...i got love for pretty much anyone painting...just theres a distinction to be made because philadelphians, to me, really get ignored a lot because its not a city thats real into the mags or the net..its a very ghetto graff scene, and i really feel obliged to be the big mouth about it. sew is a good guy, im just soap-boxing about the rest of his city, thats all. no offense meant to anyone...and if im a hater, i guess im a hater...the banky quote someone just posted at the bottom of page 2 says alot for my feelings...legal walls look very pleasing visually, but that lack that backbone, the teeth that give graffiti its power. but thats just me, and thats one voice out here...the beauty of graff is: who gives a fuck what i say.

peace.

Guest HESHIANDET

hahahahahahah.... arguing w/ 15 year old boys will always be a losing battle man, no matter how much knowledge is dropped......

get drunk!

Archived