Is beer better from a bottle or a can? Science can tell us.

Poop Man Bob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

beer comes in bottles... camel piss comes in cans...

the finest crafted brews come in a bottle, sealed not with a cap, but with a cork. These beers are poured off into bottles before they are officially done fermenting, and are aged in the bottle, just like wine. Beer is always best, and tastes the way it was intended to taste when you pour it into a glass...

the only good beers that come in cans are english pub ales, most likely because of the floating widget stuff they do...

pretentious beer drinker? you bet, and damn proud of it too

Guest HAL

Some people drink beer because they actually like it. Myself included. My beverage of choice is beer. I rarely get drunk, and I drink to enjoy. Nascar beer and all other corporate beer straight fucking sucks. I've tried them all.

Anyone with a serious interest in beer do yourself a favor. Next time you go to the liquor store to buy that 30 pack, leave that shit for the white trash and buy real beer. You don't have to get the best beer in the world, but pretty much anywhere sells decent beer. Here's a list of decent beer that they sell pretty much anywhere:

Newcastle Brown Ale

Samuel Adams

Magic Hat

Flying Dog

Spaten

Yuengling

Sapporo

Red Stripe

Guinness

Blue Moon

Here's some of my personal favorites to look for:

Theaksons Old Peculier (old ale)

Morland Old Speckled Hen (english pale ale)

Ruddles County Ale (english pale ale)

Hitachio (all of their beers are good)

Brewery Ommegang Rare Vos(belgian ales, bottle conditioned)

Boddinton's Pub Ale (english ale)

McEwans Scottish Ale (scottish ale)

Polander (polish pilsner)

Beamish (irish stout, better than Guinness)

Belhaven (scottish ale)

The all time most killer beer.....

Norfolk Nog

some of my favourite beers...

Budvar (from Czech Republic)

Staropramen (Czech Republic)

Pilsner Urquell (Czech Republic)

Krusovice (Czech Republic)

Grolsch (Holland)

Hoegaarden (Belgian wheat beer, a fruity little number)

Becks (Germany)

Red Stripe (Jamaica)

Murphys Irish Stout (drink this instead of Guinness)

i'm extremely fussy what beer i drink because i know which have 'extra' non-vegan ingredients, so i don't touch anything American (they're all weak tasteless pisswater anyway) or British (just pisswater too mostly, and many with unwelcome extra ingredients)...most European beers are very agreeable, apart from Spanish/Portugese, they always taste of chemicals (put in to stop it melting?)...German brewing laws say only 4 ingredients are permitted in their beer, water, malt, hops & barley, which sounds good to me, they definently know how to make good beer...just about anything East European is nectar, especially from the Czech Republic, but my definite top 3 are - Red Stripe, Budvar & Grolsch in that order...

oh yeah, beer brings cheer :dazed:

hey european guy, i totally know what you're saying about beer, i was lucky enough to visit over there and taste a few of those you speek of. my least favorite beer i had over there had to be that french beer, the one they had everywhere, kroenenburg or forsberg or something like that. and after that experience i just cannot stomach most american microbrews, and english beer as well. let's see, i remember budvar, amstel (oh boy, not the same as here), heineken (like 5.5% i think), a bunch of small austrian beers, not the least of which was gosser. i think my favorite type of beer was martzen, that's the shit right there. the best beer that i've had in the states: baltimorebc martzen, sierra nevada pale and porter, anchor steam liberty ale, anchor steam, full sail lager?, the old red hook esb (not the new budwieser crap), lake erie lake effect lager, fat tire, magic hat #9, and some others i can't remember the names of, only about ten percent of those however could compete with budvar.

Guest --zeSto--

it's best out of a 20oz pint glass.

How it gets into the glass is up to the bartender.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

to misquote Al Bundy....

'best in a bottle, not bad in a can, good anyway you can get it!'

Cans are for the summer, bottles for winter.

(hence cans=outdoors bottles=indoors)

best from the tap, but i usally drink it out of bottles, rarely drink cans.

has anyone here ever tried kingfisher lager? it is the best beer ive ever tasted, its from india (who would expect indians to make good beer?) i think that the company was set up in colonial times by the british, it is soo damn good.

i drink it almost always from a pint glass, hardly ever from a bottle. and i have yet to find a beer i like that comes in a can. iv been spoiled with oatmeal stouts, imperial stouts, and porters. if i can see through the beer in a pint glass i tend to not like it, unless its a very hoppy ipa.

Archived