so I was hit by a car today..

siloette

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Are2

i've heard toronto is an awesome city cuz there are so many bikers and drivers are always watching for them...

I suppose so,

but there's still a bunch of bad drivers.

We may have bike lanes, but that's just extra parking

for some people. bastards! :heated:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

can't say that i can relate to your situation Sil, but what i can say is that it goes both ways. It all depends on the person operating the vehicle or bike. bikers can be assholes and so can drivers. where i live is like the freakin jaywalking(?) capitol of the world. people act like the streets are a playground. you got kids weaving through the traffic and on the sidewalks with dirtbikes and junk.you also gotta deal with little kids who dont even look when they cross the street.and when you try to drive downtown you gotta put up with people cutting in front of you with their skinny bicycles. so like i said it goes both ways.

i've been racing my bike since i was ten, so i've grown accustomed to assholes on the road with no regards for bikes...the thing that i like to do (cuz it fucks up their car, but not to the point you're going to get into any trouble over it) is always carrying a shitload of pennies when i hit the street. Then, even if the asshole doesn't hit me, just comes close, i launch a whole shit load of those fuckers at their car. it'll chip the shit out of it, and if you're really lucky you'll get little dents that cost a fortune to get removed. that's the pimp shit.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by Brownbread?

can't say that i can relate to your situation Sil, but what i can say is that it goes both ways. It all depends on the person operating the vehicle or bike. bikers can be assholes and so can drivers. where i live is like the freakin jaywalking(?) capitol of the world. people act like the streets are a playground. you got kids weaving through the traffic and on the sidewalks with dirtbikes and junk.you also gotta deal with little kids who dont even look when they cross the street.and when you try to drive downtown you gotta put up with people cutting in front of you with their skinny bicycles. so like i said it goes both ways.

heres the fuckign deal. regardless of what you think cyclists do not have to follow the "rules" of the road. we did not sign a contract (driving license) saying that we would adhere to the rules, which means we can do as we please. pleases believe. if have a problem w/ the way i'm riding gladly talk some shit to me and watch how fast i either, a:bust your fucking window to pieces. or b:pull you outta the car and bust YOU to pieces. nothing ppersonal, i just hate anti bicycle sentiment......

This country is sliding rapidly into an appalling zone of self-absorption and random disrespect. I have a hit list of license plate numbers of drivers who have fucked with me in some way while I was biking or walking, and if I ever find any of those cars again I'm going to have a field day.

I have always had low expectations of other humans, so as to reduce my disappointment level. When biking or walking I always assume everyone driving a car near me is ignorant, drunk, and on a cell phone. I am often correct, especially on #s 1 and 3. I take defensive action, usually before it is necessary, and I haven't had any crashes or injuries, just serious problems with people's attitudes.

Guest TEARZ

i hate humans.

the hit on run on a biker.... goddamn...

if there is a hell, the bitch should burn for that.

that is some fucking bullshit.. and im seriously mad for you silo.....

i can't ever beleive that shit..... people are so fucking worried about getting sued, paying fines, all that shit then "OH MY GOD I HURT ANOTHER HUMAN BEING!!"

i remember in high school my homegirl hit a cat, and she drove off. i was like you better fucking turn around bitch before i punch you in the face! i mean shit..... i would never just drive off like shits all wonderful! so we drove back, and the cat was gone. i guess we didnt hit it THAT hard, but still... im glad we didnt see no blood or anything.

but shit, a human? fucking crap i tell you...... i hope they find that stupid bitch.

excuse my bad mouth, but i am pissed!

get well soon though.

:: kissing the boo boo ::

Originally posted by DEE38

:: kissing the boo boo ::

i hurt my peepee... dee?

:lol: nah im playin girl you know this, just keep rockin those sweatpants and wife beaters an were all good...

silo hopeyou get better, shit happens.. people are dirtbags what can i say? my necks broken tho so when you sittin round like "damn this sucks" go "oh wait... atleast my neck aint broken" imm have problems for the rest of my life in my neck but im like fuck it. this shit happens an feelin bad bout it doesnt do anything you know? get better you have my best wishes, an trust they worth alot, ask anyone, i dont even like people round here anyways... sept for dee along with a few others

you get my official cheer the fuck up SAOJEONG!

http://www.klcafe.com/imimg/saojeong.jpg'>

... girl that means you special :)

no bullshitting, im wearing the grey sweats and black beater right now. your like......... the real mr. cleo but much fucking cooler.

and that dog is so cute.. and yeah silo, people are fucking dirtbags.

get welllll soooon silo and iceberg.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

heres the fuckign deal. regardless of what you think cyclists do not have to follow the "rules" of the road. we did not sign a contract (driving license) saying that we would adhere to the rules, which means we can do as we please. pleases believe. if have a problem w/ the way i'm riding gladly talk some shit to me and watch how fast i either, a:bust your fucking window to pieces. or b:pull you outta the car and bust YOU to pieces. nothing ppersonal, i just hate anti bicycle sentiment......

no dis, but thats kinda bs dude. I mean, I know biking isn't the same as driving and all, but you still can't be an asshole and "do as you please". Human decency comes into play. If you cut me off, you might bash my window in, but I'll run you over.

Really, understand I know drivers can be huge assholes. I'm not going against you on that point, but bikers can't do whatever the fuck they want. When I'm 5 minutes late for work, some slow ass biker better stay off the road and stay on the sidewalk or at least the fucking bike lane..

(I understand you(and others) get touchy when it comes to biking, which is understandable. But just realize the point I'm trying to get across. Bikers aren't special.)

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

you shoulda whipped out your rocket launcher and blew the bitches car up....then raped her wounded body while shes helpless

hahahahahah

you are #1. your post just get better and better.

Originally posted by superstarism

have the mac hunt her down and paint your anguished face on the side of her car... she'll cry when she sees the painin your eyes that only the mac can convey...

wow ..haha..I laughed so hard when I read this..thats classic..

Its true though..

I myself am not a driver..Im a biker..or a walker....

Growing up I remember my mom driving like a lunatic..

and I swore up and down Ill never need to learn how to drive..I just dont trust the other people Im merging with..or getting cut off by. Plus inside I feel its a bit of a political thing...Eating is the number one reason of car incidents right? .I live in the most transit unfriendly city..yet its one of the biggest cities in the nation..yet I get by with out a car fine..

what about road rage..I heard about a lady pulling a handgun on another lady recently..I think people forget how vulnerable you are when you are exposed to the traffic..especially during the lunch rush downtown..

Its amazing just from this thread how many people have had this happen or have a crazy story..

Im sure I put a dent in her car..it was funny to see the soccer mom wig out..and Im just glad it wasnt worse..

more than being injured it just made me want to see others objectives with the regular commute these days..you guys are great..

that bear "osito" rocks pilau!

to tribute ..we are going to watch walter hill's the "driver" right now..same director as the warriors..should be great..

Guest post.

Siloette, this happened to me a few years ago, too!

I don't know the details of your situation, but I know how hectic traffic can be on one of those massive streets where no one is even paying attention to -or expecting pedestrians or people riding bikes. I guess they are more worried about not spilling their big gulp or something.

I was riding my bike down a fairly busy residential street when it happened to me. I pulled over to the left of traffic so I woudn't be in the way of the cars as I planned to take a left turn at the next light. This woman in a minivan behind me for some reason or another (possible trying to make the yellow light) decided to go around me on the Wrong Side of the road and as I made my turn I hit the front right corner of her van, flew over the handlebars somersaulted across the hood and landed smack on my head and neck and skidded probably 10 or 15 feet (I stopped sliding at the curb of the street). I got up, not really understanding what had happened and wandered with my mangled bike into a nearby cafe and sat down, totally delerious and nausious from hitting my head so hard. What did the lady do?? Drive away. People witnessed everything but didn't get her license number or anything. Police came and talked to the kids who were working at the shop but never even talked to me to find out if I was okay or needed an ambulance!!! This is what pissed me off the most but I wasn't really aware of what was happening, I was just trying to understand what happen and keep myself from vomitting. I got up later, took myself and my bike home and later that evening had to be admitted to the ER because I didn't feel so hot. It turned out that I had a broken wrist AND a concussion...

guess who paid the bills??? ME. (well not really, I guess my insurance did!! but you get the point!)

Fuck hit and run and the soccer moms who get off thinking nothing matters except getting to their stylist on time.

Guest post.

Silo.. just read your last post! AHH haha how did I know that it was a soccer mom that got you too?

funny!

I hope you get well soon, girl!

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i would seriously hunt her down. thats just plain WRONG. i didnt really feel like reading other peoples posts, so i dont know if you guys already talked about this or not. its like that woman, she hit a bum and the bum somehow got stuck in her window and she drove home with him in the window bleeding and pleading for her to help him. she parks him in her garage and lets him die. this is really messed up silo, get better soon. im happy though because i saw a wonderful silo tag at the concepts store in seattle that totally made my day.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

hahah ..damn i didn't mean to be so anit-bicycle... relax

I really feel what ya'll saying on this post.

I'm not a cyclist/messenger/pedestrian, but I do indeed feel that many driving commuters have become reckless, self-absorbed, and what not. It's dangerous to ya'll and even safe drivers ourselves. Please believe, I almost got sideswiped by a motherfucker talking on his celly drivin his Lex Luger, I had to jet into the other lane. Bitch ass caught an ice grill. But in all seriousness, it really isn't safe out there anymore. I'd rather be considerate to cyclists and peds than be some asshole driver who thinks he owns the road. Watch out for the minivans and SUV's with the soccerball magnets on the doors and panels and shit. WATCH OUT. Soccer moms is dangerous, regardless if they might be a good fuck.

I totally feel for motorcyclists too, whether you on a Harley or Hayabusa, there be people out there on the highway quick to change lanes without checkin mirrors and blindspots and not using signals....damn.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one

Really, understand I know drivers can be huge assholes. I'm not going against you on that point, but bikers can't do whatever the fuck they want. When I'm 5 minutes late for work, some slow ass biker better stay off the road and stay on the sidewalk or at least the fucking bike lane..

okay..sure bicyclists and pedestrians can't do whatever they want. duh.

but people need to keep in mind that if they're driving an automobile, they're in a power position over those who aren't..and like Spider Man said, with great power comes great responsibility. Just because you might be in a hurry, or some pedestrian might have a bad attitude, that's no excuse for fucked up behavior.

aaah silo...

i hope you get well soon..

hunt her down.. post up her plates, car and model??? fuck lets hunt her down... lol* like the carla lady.. ( i think that was the name)

then you can trip her with your crutches...

ooooh ooh and poke her eyes out with a tampon....hahaha..

nah but for reals baby gurl.. get well and take it easy..

love,

me.

Originally posted by Mr.LonelyHeart

okay..sure bicyclists and pedestrians can't do whatever they want. duh.

but people need to keep in mind that if they're driving an automobile, they're in a power position over those who aren't..and like Spider Man said, with great power comes great responsibility. Just because you might be in a hurry, or some pedestrian might have a bad attitude, that's no excuse for fucked up behavior.

I completely agree dude. It's even though. Responsibility is held on both sides.

yeah .. so ...

Well I got hit by a car on my 16th Birthday. . . he broke my new headfones...ran over my skateboard, and pooscuffed my new jeans at the time. . . I was a tad choked, because all those things were presents to myself, oh yeah, that fucker drove away. still makes me mad and it's been a long time :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :beat: :spent: :heated: :heated:

yeah so that sucks man...i hella feel that shit :o

Archived