whats the first tape,cd etc. you bought?

wiseguy

Guest JoeHatesCops

Coolio gangstas paradise

in like 2nd or 3rd grade

I dont think I bought it though,

so I cana lsos ay it was the first thing I ever stole.

the first cd I ever bought, was the single getting jiggy with it, by will smith, in like the 5th grade. that song was not tight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

First tape I don't remember. I do have Vanilla Ice's Hooked. For those who don't know that's 2 the Extreme before it got picked up on the major label and repackaged. Has a naked chick in the background.

First CD was Pennywise self titled it had just come out and Offspring's first one.

Guest im not witty

1st tape- micahel jackson bad-got it at kmart

1st cd-goodriddance-for god and country

1st vinyl-propaganhi/i spy split- i gave it away to my friend and that shits worth like a jillion dollars now. ho hum

arrested developement. 3 years 2 month and 5 days in the life of....

i bought the tape first

then wore it out. then cd. until i loaned it to my idiot friend who NEVER GAVE IT BACK. i still know all the words.

first tape? no clue

first cd? well i had just bought my new cd player and went to the music store, i had two cd's in my hand but could only afford one. Ice Cube, Amerikkka's Most Wanted, or A Tribe Called Quest, Peoples Instictive Travels.....(whatever the whole title was). I must of stood there for like 30 minutes trying to decide. I ended up picking Cube because I had already heard the TCQ. Went back the next week and got that one. Still have that cube to this day, which is weird because I've lost just about every other one that wasn't bought in the past few years.

Guest STONER DBM

the year was 1984 and the record was run-d.m.c.,and electric breakdance,then i got fatboys and whodini on tape

Originally posted by juggernaut

Oingo Boingo- Dead Man's Party.

i think i was eight years old.

that's VERY cool, I had that record, but it's long gone... then I had that tape later, I forget how I got the tape, but now I believe Eric has had it for close to 5 years... On a related note, I remember 2 more tapes that I bought, 3rd Bass -The Cactus Album and De La - 3ft High and Rising... I haven't really bought many tapes though, I make tapes...

i don't remember the first album i purchased ...but i do remember the first album ....i looked forward to buying ..... De La Soul "3 Feet High & Rising".....i was eight or nine.:cool:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

First tape: Quiet Riot, "Metal Health"

First CD: some early techno compilation called "Skateboard Vol.2". It had Quadrophonia in it, which was ill. "Quadrophonia" is still one of the best techno songs of all time. Beer,

El Mamerro

I think I must have bought three at first.... all on tape.

"Brothers in Arms" - Dire Straits ("Money for Nothing," son - that guitar riff at the beginning always kicks ass, it made me want to learn how to play guitar, but then I tried, and it was hard, so I gave that up.)

"Little Creatures" - Talking Heads (While the album is still great and all, what has really held up amazingly well for me is the Howard Finster cover artwork. I think it's pretty obvious in my work that I spent a lot of time looking at that cover as a kid.)

Arlo Guthrie - some album with "Alice's Restaurant" on it, though not that one itself. At five years of age I had that song memorized and would recite it at dinner parties to crowds of my parents' friends.)

Nice memories this brings back.

Archived