The White Stripes

High Priest

I just got a copy of The White Stripes new album "White Blood Cells" and suffice to say its really good. I cant really put them into a genre, because although id like to say there good old Rock n Roll.. certain songs just dont seem to fit into the cliché vocal/guitar harmony of rock.. And its not really going to fit into punk, so ill leave that up to whom ever to appropriately title it.

But if you get the chance to download, buy, rack or just get a hold of a copy I suggest you give it a listen. Theres a handful of out standing tracks on the album, "I Cant Wait" and "Dead leaves on the dirty ground" seeming to be the ones that immediately come to mind...

Any ways any one else like the band?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest railroadjerk

ugh. dont get me started...

hey roe, my roommate had "hotel yorba" repeating over and over today on his computer. my day went from bad to worse like that.

fuck the haters.

first, the mini-rant-

this is absolutely an "i'm cooler than you because i've been into this band for 3.2 months longer than anyone else" band. many people like them just because of the current underground buzz or whatever, they just hop on the bandwagon and play cool guy/gal... i think the other side of that coin is that it turns a lot of people off to them immediately. they hear the hype and dismiss the band without giving them a chance.

i love the white stripes, though. i have tickets for their show on the 30th down here, and i'm amped. the new CD is great. their other albums are also really good. definitely music you've gotta be in the mood for.

The White Stripes are one of those bands I like just because of the way they sound, not because they're cool, or they're on MTV all of a sudden, or because liking them gives me 3 more Indie Rock Cred Points. Good fucking music.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...t=white+stripes

please see link for a previous discussion....no im not saying you cant make another thread, i just didnt want to repost everything i had to say....

you can all enjoy the verbal sparring match btw me and rrjerk....;)

basically i think they fucking rock, and their live show is probably in my top five and ive seem some gems in my day....and i have super crush on meg, the drummer.......:love2:

seeking must be lying low id figured wed get some of his more classic sarcasm...

rage ive been around, i think everyone is going through some 12oz chillout...

FOR RAILROAD!!

Hotel Yorba

I was watching

with one eye on the other side

I got 15 people telling me "don't move"

I got moving on my mind

I found shelter

in some thoughts turning wheels around

I said 39 times that I love you

to the beauty I had found

Well it's 1,2,3,4

take the elevator at the Hotel Yorba

I'll be glad to see you later

all they got inside is vacancy

I've been thinking

of a little place down by the lake

they got a dirty old road leading up to the house

I wonder how long it will take

til we're alone

sitting on the front porch of that home

stomping our feet on the wooden boards

never got to worry about locking the door

Well it's 1,2,3,4

It might sound silly

for me to think childish thoughts like these

but I'm so tired of acting tough

and I'm gonna do what I please

let's get married

in a big cathedral by a priest

cuz if I'm the man that you love the most

you can say I do at least

Well it's 1,2,3,4

and it's 4,5,6,7

grab your umbrella

grab a hold of me cuz I'm your favorite fella

• 1 month later...
Guest PHYNE

white stripes are pretty dope i must say....im not to sure on the whole song expecting tho,its fucking agood song but he mentions my home town of TOLEDO...THEY SENT ME ...TO TOLEDO ......TOLEDO.....

not sure if its a dis or a ive been there type shit:? its probably a dis cuzz toledo aint got shit but crackheads and turkeys........lol peace:crazy:

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by juggernaut

fuck the haters.

first, the mini-rant-

this is absolutely an "i'm cooler than you because i've been into this band for 3.2 months longer than anyone else" band. many people like them just because of the current underground buzz or whatever, they just hop on the bandwagon and play cool guy/gal... i think the other side of that coin is that it turns a lot of people off to them immediately. they hear the hype and dismiss the band without giving them a chance.

Maybe if i stopped drinking and bunning so much I could wing arguments like that to some idiots I know. Anyway, some guy I know got the CD because it's all trendy now, and i didn't mind it. This coming from a guy that lives hip-hop and occasionally checks 'the others.' Yeah, it was alright, but not sickitating or anything to me.

white stripes are tizight.

My little brother kept tellin me about them, but i never actually heard them till i heard kroq play fell in love with a girl...

that's the first album i've bought because of a radio single in years, and i don't regret a cent, great album.

matthewcan'tevenkeepupwiththebandwagonletalonegetaheadenoughtobeundergroundthirteen.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

i think unimaginative critics will lump them in with the strokes

that guy I said that bought the CD also bought the Strokes on the same day, as they were at the very front of the HMV all setup to sell right next to each other. so, is brown pants, horizontally striped collared shirts and seventies hair back in style?

Guest ctrl+alt+del

white stripes are definitely good. its weird.....when im driving i like to listen to rock, but when im just sitting around i listen to hip hop.

Guest beardo

i missed the hives last weekend. didnt know they were playing till an hour before the show. still havent heard them, but ive heard good things from some folks. havent heard the stripes either, but i already like em just by reading peoples coments.

btw.. trey KICKED ASS friday night!!

Originally posted by mental invalid

i swear to god, i watch the five mtv channels and everytime its as if im watching a stupid show ive only scene once, but everytime i watch it, its the same god dam espisode.....gross

Nah its all about "VH-1 Classics." Just drop Mtv, that shit fell off before it was ever even on.

:love2: :love2:

lush, my dear, you rock......meg is such the cutie....i love the way she plays them drums, head all cocked to one side and just banging away, so sharp to, and pretty voice, she actually has one or two songs....and hello! those pig tails......come on....

Archived