Straight thuggin'.

test pattern

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I saw this thread, I was interested because although I see kids throwing gang signs all the time, I can't make heads or tails of it. Very rarely is it as clear as the examples shown, "38" or "bk."

The real issue is the idea that anybody is justified is killing somebody else because that person flashed the wrong hand sign or because the shooter thinks the target is a member of an adversary set. This shit is just dead ass wrong, every bit as despicable and vile as anything the Ku Klux Klan or the Nazis ever did. I have no beef with people belonging to a set. I don't even have a beef with people getting down on a punch-up once in a while--young men are immature and they just have to get whupped on a little to educate themselves.

BUT---I am 100% against anybody shooting anybody else or getting shot over colors, signs, verbal challenges or insults or anything approximating gangster behavior. The people that are doing this STUPID ASS SHIT think that they are bad ass. They are NOT bad ass, they are weak as baby piss. MEN do not gun down unarmed opponents from ambush, or from a moving vehicle. WHAT KIND OF SORRY ASS COWARD SHOOTS INTO A CROWD OF PEOPLE AT A BIRTHDAY PARTY? When these people go before a jury (and they will, eventually) they can expect no mercy from the judge, and no mercy from the jury. In Texas, this qualifies as a capital murder offense if the target dies, and is punishable by life imprisonment if the shooter is age 14 to age 18, and death, if he is AGE 18 UPWARDS. You bad ass gangsters think about that. Getting butt fucked every night for the rest of your life. THAT'S what a drive-by shooting will get you. THAT'S what gang-banging bullshit will get you. Prison, or a grave.

Society will not tolerate this shit. The gang bangers are tempting fate. Before the American people surrender the streets to these dickless COWARDS there will be fascism in the United States. If you think life sucks now, wait until you live in a POLICE STATE.

DON'T ROLL WITH GANGS. You will wind up dead, or in prison.

From the same site. How am I not suprised by this one.

AN OVERVIEW OF GANGS IN SALT LAKE COUNTY

Los Angeles and Chicago Influence

Gangs in Salt Lake County are primarily influenced by two areas of the country: Los Angeles and Chicago. The Salt Lake metropolitan area could be referred to as a "Secondary Gang City" because it has the same affiliations as these influential gang cities, but with local mutations. In fact, the gang culture found in Salt Lake is one of the most diverse in the western United States. Major California affiliations in the area include the Surenos, Nortenos, Crips, and Bloods. Chicago affiliations include both the Folks and the People. Additionally, the Salt Lake metro area has Southeast Asian gangs, Polynesian gangs, racist and non-racist skinheads, motorcycle gangs, Straight Edgers, and extremist groups like Animal Liberation Front.

Straight Edge and Animal Liberation Front

Straight Edge is a national movement found around the United States which originated in the New York area. Straight Edge (SEE) members typically abstain from drugs, alcohol, and tobacco. However, many of them are pro-violence, and SXE members have been responsible for a high number of assaults, stabbings, and beatings in the Salt Lake metro area. Straight Edge members typically fall into three categories:

Straight Edge: The most moderate, they typically follow the beliefs, but may or may not be involved in aggressively forcing them on others.

Straight Edge Vegans: These Straight Edgers have adopted a vegan lifestyle in addition to their SXE beliefs, and typically abstain from animal products.

Hardline or Militant Vegan: The most prone to be involved in violence, many of these individuals are also members of Animal Liberation Front. SXE members of ALF have committed $2.5 million in bombings in the Salt Lake area since 1996.

Straight Edgers are far more likely to be Caucasian and to come from the middle or upper class than traditional street gang members. The distinctive Straight Edge style includes close-cropped or shaved hair, tattoos (often featuring slogans like "Drug Free," "Hardline," or the letter "X"), customized t-shirts with SXE slogans imprinted in Old English-style letters, large baggy clothing, body piercing, and heavy silver necklaces and chains. SXE members use the X as their most common symbol.

Animal Liberation Front (ALF) is a shadowy extremist group operating around the United States. ALF utilizes a leaderless resistance concept where individual cells operate on their own initiative without centralized leadership, to accomplish similar goals. Typical ALF targets around the country have included fur farms, animal processing plants, meat markets, furniture stores (leather furniture), etc. One of the ALF's primary goals is to put animal-related businesses out of business through "economic sabotage." Acts committed by ALF around the country range from molotov cocktail and pipe bombings to graffiti and other types of vandalism.

Yo they nailed us. Checkout that hand style

http://www.slsheriff.org/images/gang_project/paint.jpg'>

GRAFFITI: THAT WRITING ON THE WALL

It has been called the "Newspaper of the Streets." What exactly do those cryptic, seemingly unintelligible scribbles mean? Graffiti can be divided into two types: graffiti done by taggers and graffiti done by street gangs.

Even though taggers and street gangs both use graffiti as an illegal form of communication, their intent is different. Taggers see graffiti as an art form, a game, or a friendly contest. Street gangs use graffiti to mark areas they frequent and to issue threats to their enemies.

The Taggers

Taggers are generally less violent than traditional street gangs. Tagger graffiti differs from street gang graffiti in that it is generally more intricate and more "artistic" than the graffiti a street gang would do. The lettering may be entwined and turned upside down or sideways to the point of looking more like a maze than letters. The graffiti that they paint on walls usually is done in several colors and might include caricatures of animals or humans. Taggers would call this type of graffiti a "piece," presumably short for "masterpiece." This kind of piece is usually designed ahead of time, and may have been sketched out in a notebook beforehand. Underground magazines and newsletters publish tagger pieces. A world-wide network exists to keep taggers in touch with each other. Many taggers believe what they are doing is street art and is not a crime.

Another activity taggers are involved in is "tagging," putting their moniker or "tag," in as many places as they can. Taggers engage in contests with other groups, trying to outdo each other in terms of the number of "tags" put up, the difficulty of the artwork, or the difficulty of the location of the tag.

Taggers gain visible recognition from their writing on walls. The more visible a wall is, the more desirable it is to taggers. Freeway overpass signs, water towers, and billboards can quickly build a tagger's reputation. They call it "tagging the heavens."

One method that taggers have used to tag multiple-story buildings is to tie ropes to the wheels of skateboards and have friends lower the tagger down the side of the building. To tag freeway overpasses, they have their friends hold them upside down by their feet.

Taggers will sometimes use sticky-backed labels (like the name tags that are often handed out at training seminars). The tagger will write his moniker on 10 to 20 labels and then as he walks through an area he'll just peel off the backing and put the label on any surface he passes. Some typical tagger monikers are "Nope," "Dime," "Bug," "Smok," "Toke," and "Rek."

Parents who believe that their child is involved in tagging should look for spray paint cans, a collection of aerosol spray tips, wide-tip markers, glass etching tools, surgical gloves, name tag stickers, and photographs or self-made videos of graffiti. Sketches of graffiti, practice sheets containing a moniker, or school notebooks with doodles that resemble graffiti may indicate tagging activity. Paint or marker dye on the hands or extra-large, hooded coats with large cargo-type pockets often indicate an involvement in tagging.

Originally posted by Mr. Mang

fuck overprotective parents that write bullshit like that ^

and MOST staighedge kids are NOT violent at all. i've been sxe for 6 years now and i've never fought or hurt anyone.

your definetly not from reno. there are some straight bloodthirsty kids here. people getting stabbed over it and shit

The most dosile straightedge person I know is from Reno. Bob is the man. He always tells me to play nice and be good. There are a few people out there that are well to put it frankly nutz. I'll agree with Mang I know more non-violent stragihtedge than violent ones. But if you look at any group of people there are people to both extremes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived