nueva york numero dos

bear

Originally posted by melvinakro

some of these nyc post make me fucking sick. you have your flashy out of towners who do ten getover spots like noel, merz etc and all of a sudden they are the cover boys for whos up. sure the kids have stee, but go back to fucking ohio, la, wherever. year is an exception because he is legitmiteatly on the crush tip. while he started with the cheap getovers, hes been getting busy, dropping many many gems on the streets of manhattan and brooklyn. then you have the darlings of alphabet city, the rest of irak, the most gassed click since the A-team. cmon man, you flicked a fucking sacer marker tag!!!! ill give you earsnot, because he gets out of downtown manhattan. i'll also give you the rth/mia cats because they bang the sreets. but other than those expeptions, take your outline cap baby burners back to lands where you can't smoke cigarettes inside. and stop perpetrating the fraud that these cats represent new york graffiti. what, did i hurt your feelings? welcome to new york, you purple tinted sunglass wearing fakesters

acro

damn......I want to see your post. I'm sure it will be a history lesson for us all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest duh-rye-won

ACRO

give me a fucking break. its a post on the internet. people take flics of what they see and what they like. "cheap getovers"??? what the fuck is that supposed to mean? fame is fame. (with the exception of dissing burners to be noticed). why are you so bent out of shape? why does it bother you so bad anyway? why dont you just relax and look at all the pretty pictures. its a fucking website. you make new yorkers sound like assholes.

melvinakro:

i wrote at the beginning of this post "i am not claiming that this is who gets up the most etc."

that's it: i put in the disclaimer to make folks like you happy. and i seem to remember some new yorkers giving props to noel in the first post so. . .

just chill. it's graff that i saw, i liked, i fliked etc. "sace marker tags"? for this sea-faring country boy, they are still aweful nice. . . .

granted....i am being an uppidity and nit picky little bitch. someone once told that graffiti writers are the scum of the earth, and that rings true. i'm not trying to make friends, i'm speaking my mind. this is just a trend that ive noticed, on the internet, in magazines, everywhere. and no one ever says anything. props to bear for taking the time and effort, i hadnt read your disclaimer.

and to rye, there is absolutely a distinction between a cheap getover and fame. first of all, i would like to say that dissing LEGAL burners is one of the few shreds of graffiti left. two of the more exciting occurences in recent graffiti history are the scant hall of fame raid and the xtc ragging of that saber piece by lax. why? because it moves people. after scant came through (for the record, cuz has been hitting tags in the corners of burners for years) look at how many other writers came back to take his shit back. that, my friends is fun. that is graffiti.

hate away, i'll respond...what am i gonna do all day, go to class?

Guest duh-rye-won

agree to disagree

i guess we just have differing opinions. i think taking pieces out with tags is the most cowardly, bullshit, pathetic way to make a point. you want to make a point? go over a piece with a burner. or just burn next to it and let the world see who wins... maybe i'm in the graffiti minority here... a lot of people see graf as destruction, i see it as creating. "moving people" is easy. the whole fucking world was moved on september 11th. the trick is moving people by earning respect, not pissing them off.

Guest blancito

akro on point

2 cents worth....acro is on point; graf is in public and is all about making the world your own...and as the general public generally couldn't give a fuck about it...writers may as well use the streets and spots as methods of communication. graf is temporary...no piece should ever stay up for too long....evoloution. people thought the web invented interactivity...graf was on top of that from the get go...make the world interactive...make other graf interactive...using some one's piece as a canvass is the same as tagging a poster in the subway....though personally, i like it when people get clever with that shit....

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/blancito/155-5507_IMG.jpg'>

check out my man Yo...don't know who he is, but he hits all the posters in my hood, and his placement is always dope....check the teeth, may be i'm retarded but that always kills me.

Originally posted by ZackAttack

rip stayhigh..and thats not the only verbs.. nice post though

you are definitely from ohio...stay high is repping crushing shit with new tags...as far as this "bitchy" argument all i can say is thank you acro for formulating in words what so many native new yorkers are feeling. cats either bomb strictly downtown and nowhere else or the go to the deadest block and get props like they got shit on smash! and to that dickhead who used september 11th as his analogy...im sure that shit wasnt easy-orchestrating some shit like that and do you really think its an appropriate comparison you ignorant dick

rye....point about september 11 is well taken....at least superficially...you cannot compare an act of murder in which innocent life is lost to taking out some artsyfartsy burner that your art school teacher will love. for one thing, the world of graffiti is a completely seperate world. bankers, lawyers and janitors who lost their livs on the eleventh did nothing more than wake up and go to work to try and earn a living. anyone that rocks a tag or a burner, on the other hand subjects himself to the forces of graff. your rights as a citizen do not apply. no matter whether you are doing legals, you are entering a world of criminals. and please refer to the "inception of graffiti" those glory days that old schoolers babble on about endlessly. the ESSENCE of graffiiti is competition, going over others so that you and your team can shine. but hey, fuck the roots. i could care less about earning your respect by "winning" some cheesy and shallow competition. if you want my respect, take me out and lets battle. tag for tag, fillin for fillin.

ps. there is nothing anonymous or cowardly about taking out a burner. in fact, its quite ballsy. because, believe it or not, you arent in the minority, you are in the majority. most people feel similar, because a legal burner is the least threatening, most domesticated form of graff you can find. it's a bit more accpetable. and if im taking out your fillin, you know exactly who i am, and chances are you will have many crack smoking dirtbags on your side.

boy am i negative today

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by melvinakro

some of these nyc post make me fucking sick. you have your flashy out of towners who do ten getover spots like noel, merz etc and all of a sudden they are the cover boys for whos up. sure the kids have stee, but go back to fucking ohio, la, wherever. year is an exception because he is legitmiteatly on the crush tip. while he started with the cheap getovers, hes been getting busy, dropping many many gems on the streets of manhattan and brooklyn. then you have the darlings of alphabet city, the rest of irak, the most gassed click since the A-team. cmon man, you flicked a fucking sacer marker tag!!!! ill give you earsnot, because he gets out of downtown manhattan. i'll also give you the rth/mia cats because they bang the sreets. but other than those expeptions, take your outline cap baby burners back to lands where you can't smoke cigarettes inside. and stop perpetrating the fraud that these cats represent new york graffiti. what, did i hurt your feelings? welcome to new york, you purple tinted sunglass wearing fakesters

acro

$$rth$mia$$

Originally posted by OMARNYCAKASW1

yoshy,,,

you caught that PEN i dissed next to the News...

that was just the other night,,,

you have a better pic?

never@!$#@;)

although he did go over that news....which i just loved! (ohmygod)

hmmmmm

so maybe i do...

Guest Can you sign my book???

Yo, dont get sour because a certain member of MIA got his shit rocked at the hands of an IRAK member...Thats about as real as gets kiddo.......

i hate legals its a fact... i hate them, you wanna know why? anyone can do them... do you remember the first time you went out bombing with that throwup that looked so dope in your book... but then you go out people walking down the street cars driving by... and the next day that throw up looked like someone shit on the wall.... it takes time to get your mind into the state of a bomber where you can do some nice illegal simple letter styles and rock the ballsiest of spots... in my view it takes more effort to do a clean throw-up than it does to do a 4-hour production... why because that production just takes painting skill thats it and i mean thats it.... bombing is a physical and mental state... and dont get me wrong i love piecing but legals give kids quicker fame than someone who was to rag em... they take a flick send them into 14 mags and 3 websites and have fame in a matter of days... and like akro said graffiti is about the illegal and the excitement that comes with it, whether its worrying about the next train coming down the track or the police chasing you... you do it for excitement and fun, not to brag about your 4 hours of noneventful,extremely boring painting in front of some brick wall...all i gotta say is keep graff alive the illegal way...and this pissed me off so much that i decided fuck work tomorrow, lets kill shit tonight.

there are some people who are killing legal walls with nice pieces but for the other 99% you suck, your colors suck, and your letterforms suck.

hey ive told every newjack out of towner

this kind of stuff will get you killed in nyc...

noel.jpg

being near someone's roof, apartment or fire escape

you risk getting shot, stabbed, thrown off a roof or have bottles thrown

at you...

but i guess everyone gets over cuz they bomb the pussy parts of manhattan...

Guest HOST18 DYM

Here's what, people need to shut the fuck up already. Yeah it's the trend these days for writers that arent from NYC to come here and rock spots with alot of traffic like Soho and the likes that get them quick fame. You have writers like VFR who smash alot of areas including areas most people don't go to and is better them most of these one hit wonders. giving someone respect for going over a production, weather its legal or not is wack. You got all these homos hating people like FX cause they see alot of legals from them. Why dont you travel and see how much illegal shit they do instead of sticking your nose between the pages of a magazine and swearing that what you see is word from god. Magazines and web sites tell you nothing. Even alot of these herbs from NYC dont even really travel their own city and know who's really doing shit. All they know is what they see on their way to the nearest graffiti store to buy mags to tell them whos up. You got people like swatch who you only see up over other people just to be talked about. Lame. Instead of forever bitching about what other people are doing why not concerntrate on doing your own shit. Who the fuck cares if noel only hits "high profile" spots, let him do whatever the fuck he wants. Why are you so offended? Jealous? People like me know that what they see in mags or sites isnt what is always what is going on. Know your shit before you open your trap. And people that don't live in NYC need to keep silent about who's up here. I been all over the country. I'm not about to tell you who got SF on lock cause I dont live there and dont know the deal. Bear I'm not dissing your thread I respect your disclaimer and I'm glad you put it there. Post more flicks.

Guest blood as ink

omarnycakasw1

between your bitching and complaining in this post and the revsuicide post...you've made 2 really great threads rather annoying to look at.so you've been around along time..big whoop so have alot of other people on this board and they arn't fuckin' pricks.quit trying to be an elitest snob...it's not working for you,no one cares.quit being a cunt rash and get over it.

Guest trAmple
i hate legals its a fact... i hate them, you wanna know why? anyone can do them... do you remember the first time you went out bombing with that throwup that looked so dope in your book... but then you go out people walking down the street cars driving by... and the next day that throw up looked like someone shit on the wall.... it takes time to get your mind into the state of a bomber where you can do some nice illegal simple letter styles and rock the ballsiest of spots... in my view it takes more effort to do a clean throw-up than it does to do a 4-hour production... why because that production just takes painting skill thats it and i mean thats it.... bombing is a physical and mental state... and dont get me wrong i love piecing but legals give kids quicker fame than someone who was to rag em... they take a flick send them into 14 mags and 3 websites and have fame in a matter of days... and like akro said graffiti is about the illegal and the excitement that comes with it, whether its worrying about the next train coming down the track or the police chasing you... you do it for excitement and fun, not to brag about your 4 hours of noneventful,extremely boring painting in front of some brick wall...all i gotta say is keep graff alive the illegal way...and this pissed me off so much that i decided fuck work tomorrow, lets kill shit tonight.

woRds os wisdom

Originally posted by OMARNYCAKASW1

hey ive told every newjack out of towner

this kind of stuff will get you killed in nyc...

noel.jpg

being near someone's roof, apartment or fire escape

you risk getting shot, stabbed, thrown off a roof or have bottles thrown

at you...

but i guess everyone gets over cuz they bomb the pussy parts of manhattan...

are you just trying to be a dick? b/c you arent making a lot of sense

omar: the same shit could happen to you for raggin so much, thats

what i dont understand...

whatever

here are some more pictures i took on the way to my local graf store,

they just got these dope new "hello my name is" stickers with balloons

on them for all the haters!

enjoy

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/yoshy/noel2.jpg'>

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/yoshy/setup.jpg'>

yo

Archived