anyone know the deal with the planets aligning?

mental invalid

ive been seeing blips about it and some short news articles...apparently its pretty big with astrologers...i was just wondering if anyone could drop any knowledge they have on the cosmological happenings? like when is best to see....what the is the history of alignment, ie egypt/greece culture...how long does it last, whens the next one....what occurs in physical space when this happens...

just looking for more info.....gracias

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think the best time to see it was 2 days last week (or at least here in the middle of the east coast)those were when jupiter was sepose to be at its brightest, but me and my girlfriend rode around and got high and went out near the airport to try to get a good look but we couldnt see shit, i dont think you missed too much.

thank you mr abc.....i appreciate the nudge towards self exploration...im not asking to be spoon fed...im just seeing what knowledge people have about it...also this can serve as a platform for a possible discussion as well as a notice to those people who were not aware....

next....:rolleyes:

they arent "aligned" it just so happens that three or four of the planets can be seen in the night sky all on the same nights... for the most part a few of them are on the other side of the sun making it impossible to see them... if the were truely aligned all the planets would be a line... and that only happens like once every 5,000 or 50,000 years or some shit like that... :cool:

i watch way too much news like channels!!!

okay i just found out about the meteor shower from a friend, beat....i did see that one a few months ago though....crazy...anyhow im getting conflicting reports...i heard that it was supposed to be last friday and this friday also....with planets getting only a few degrees apart....and actually aligning is what i was told.....so confused....:confused:

ps last friday i did go out and take a peep and could see some planets, thats probably what is was, but it seemed anti-climatic...

here you go found this at cnn.com:

LONDON (Reuters) -- Supermarket lines will be shorter, road rage will ease and everyone will be getting on better over the next few weeks thanks to a rare planetary grouping, British astrologers believe.

Absolute nonsense, say astronomers.

From now until early June the five planets that can be seen with the naked eye -- Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn -- will move into a rough grouping on the same, visible, side of the sun, something that happens only once a century.

"People will be able to see the planets with the naked eye lining up about 45 minutes after sunset," Robert Warren at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London told Reuters on Friday.

He said stargazers should watch the planets rising from the western horizon where the five should be grouped within a span of 10 degrees of sky, or about the width of a fist held at arm's length.

While astronomers are busy swinging their telescopes westwards, astrologers are reaching for their charts and predicting great changes.

"The coming together of the five naked eye planets in conjunction with other cosmic influences will greatly affect the collective human unconscious," astrologer Walter Berg told Reuters.

Berg said a chart for April 30 predicted greater human harmony and increased teamwork.

"That will manifest itself in shorter supermarket queues, quieter roads and people getting on better," he said.

"It will be like an army marching in step."

Joyce Hopewell of the Astrological Psychology Institute agreed. "The focus is on Gemini which is all about communication," she said.

Berg said the movement of planets through space affects the solar magnetic field which in turn affects the geo magnetic field influencing people's central nervous system.

This in turn means people will be more in tune with each other and better equipped to avoid the petty hassles and confrontations of everyday life.

But not everyone is convinced.

"Complete rubbish," said Robert Massey, an astronomer at the Royal Observatory.

"It is bizarre to say planets have that sort of an impact. It would be really impressive if the planets suddenly produced world peace -- but I doubt it will happen," he said.

Archived