LDS (Something a little different )

locationtwelve

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by locationtwelve

So your not going then :beat:

Oh I was refferring to the bunch of beautiful Icelandic women that follow the writers around wherever they go, I think they're called groupies...nice:D

Guest L.RonHubbard

Who has ever heard of the ARMORY SHOW (1913) NYC.

This was the first time European art reached the U.S. Cubist, expressionist, impressionist, dada,fauvist all of that came to the us for the first time bringing to light the illy illy styles of Cezanne, Duchamp, De Chirico, Picasso, etc...mad amounts of talent that had exisited in europe for DECADES without any play in the US. What do you think happend??? Stubborn, closed minded american art critics, even the presidnet tore the shit apart and said they wished it never made it over seas. The funny thing is that within a year the art had significantly influenced ALL american artists at the time, and continued to do so into the future. So keep hating and go look at the same Ges and Kem pieces that you see everywhere.

Guest imported_sofarok

Neanderthal arts?

Originally posted by jarjarbinks

man i couldnt come that wak if i tried. And im a fucking toy. those are total waste of paint time and trains.

i think that’s the point....its about deconstruction, when is graff not graff...personally im not down with the idea that graff is art, not the hardcore side anyways...i doubt most kids who go out bombing are thinking about anything more than getting up…there not trying to place there work in a historical or theoretical context they are just trying rebel, trying to get noticed, and more power to the out of that comes some serious creativity and beauty…..graff is definitely a creative process and it is artistic but is it art? Perhaps its more akin to the applied arts, graphic design et all….i think lds specifically are akin to most of the modern art created during the early part of the 2oth..they are self aware…instead of producing crisp wildstyles (of which if the rumors are true they are more than capable of) they put as much as much effort into breaking town the key constituencies of graffiti and re applying them…..or maybe im chatting shit..:confused:

Guest professor poopatronic

o love seeing you guys get all worked up like "what the fuck, this shit is so wack, AAARRRGGHHHH no white inline?! how dare you!"

you guys suck. these guys burn you. doesn't that make you feel stupid?

Re: Re: the real mcKoy<----

Originally posted by SKUMBALUCKAH

They are all real live trains, nothing to worry yourself about there.

i'm not worried just bored with this crap!!

but i'm sure my 10 year old sister could fade your whole crew with your kidergarden skills prissy boy..

hows your tea??

extra creamy??

hmm enjoy my liquid lunch!!

spooge man!!

Guest imported_b0b

Re: Re: Re: the real mcKoy<----

Originally posted by the_snake

but i'm sure my 10 year old sister could fade your whole crew with your kidergarden skills prissy boy..

You just don't get it, so you? They don't care what you think and about you precious ideas of having a tight letter form. They really don't give a damn. They are busy laughing at people like you. Just look at Prof Poopatronic's post a few up^^^. That sums it all up nicely.

Re: Re: Re: the real mcKoy<----

Originally posted by the_snake

i'm not worried just bored with this crap!!

hows your tea??

extra creamy??

hmm enjoy my liquid lunch!!

spooge man!!

I sense alot of aggresion in your tone "Snake" (very menacing name by the way).. Why not post some of your Chicago Subways then??? though I bet the nearest you've got to subway action is when you walked within 50 metres of a yard and you wet yourself........ I'd love to see Chicago Subway action but the only flix I've ever seen in recent years were two panels by a couple of French writers... interesting.

Re: Re: Re: Re: the real mcKoy<----

Originally posted by octopusone

I sense alot of aggresion in your tone "Snake" (very menacing name by the way).. Why not post some of your Chicago Subways then??? though I bet the nearest you've got to subway action is when you walked within 50 metres of a yard and you wet yourself........ I'd love to see Chicago Subway action but the only flix I've ever seen in recent years were two panels by a couple of French writers... interesting.

people just dont let their flix out.

when i first saw this page i didn't know exactly what i was looking at...but once i got it it was great...i feel sorry for all the people completely hating on this because i feel they don't understand an important concept of graff, and that is that everything is a product of it's enviornment and only really relevant to it's place. so many of the kids in america can't understand why anyone would do pieces like this...well no shit you're not living in london. It's the same reason why euro kids don't understand why we go out and paint freight trains that we may never see again. Every scene is derived from it's location, the people that write there as well as the people that don't, all of these are factors which contribute to make graff what it is...and in every city in the world graff is different which is what makes it so amazing. i also find it quite striking that this work is quite similar to the 'bad painting' movement of the early seventies led by philip guston. Onee question i have is why the writers are still using good paint and nice caps, wouldn't it be even better to use some cheap ass paint and stock caps? but then again maybe i just don't get it.

Guest dirty bird

I order them to surender there cans. The style police and even the other toys wont stand for this.

• 10 months later...

Archived