the lemonheads

Guest railroadjerk

Guest railroadjerk

i think im going to get in the habit of listing bands that i really like, hope that doesnt chaffe you guys or anything...

not the candy, but the band.

i first got "Come on feel the lemonheads" when i was younger, and i dug every song. they had that ability to rock but do it subtley with acoustic guitars and tambourines on even their harder songs.

then i bought "its a shame about ray" and its one of my favorite albums ever, period. juliana hatfield does backing vocals, and her voice is one of the most beautiful ive ever heard. evan dando's voice is awesome too...

the lyrics deal a lot with his drug problems, girls..etc stuff we can all relate to and though they all deal with very down subjects, they have a hopefullness about them that makes you feel good.

i'm listening to "my drug buddy" right now, and its all about scoring drugs, dando had/has? heroin problems but at the end he and hatfield sing "i love my drug buddy, my drug buddy" over and over and its a real beautiful moment musically.

his lyrics are clear and meaningful, and its not the same garbled together strips of sentances that most rock music is now. its real, and i respect that...

oh well im spouting, but you guys should check them out...i really emplore you guys to download "style" you can see where hes coming from, its probably one of their hardest songs so even you ocks who hate more laid back stuff can get down with it...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest blood as ink
Originally posted by High Priest

And heres to you Mrs.Robinson

that's really a simon and garfunkel song incase you didn't know...

"What is Aphex Twin's connection to...The Lemonheads?"

In Richard's own words:

"I admit that sometimes I don't put any work into remixing at all. Sometimes I just give them an old, completely different track and say, 'Yeah, there's

your remix.' I did that with The Lemonheads. I couldn't be bothered to do their track 'cause it was so shit. I don't know if they noticed or not 'cause I never bothered talking to any of them.

Basically, I was supposed to do it but I forgot the courier was coming that day. The doorbell rang, and I realised I'd forgotten so I just told him 'Fifteen minutes,' went upstairs, found an old track, taped it off, and gave it to him. I got paid four grand for that. A nice day's work. I've done that a few times, but I don't always do it."

:lol:

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by optimodub

"What is Aphex Twin's connection to...The Lemonheads?"

In Richard's own words:

"I admit that sometimes I don't put any work into remixing at all. Sometimes I just give them an old, completely different track and say, 'Yeah, there's

your remix.' I did that with The Lemonheads. I couldn't be bothered to do their track 'cause it was so shit. I don't know if they noticed or not 'cause I never bothered talking to any of them.

Basically, I was supposed to do it but I forgot the courier was coming that day. The doorbell rang, and I realised I'd forgotten so I just told him 'Fifteen minutes,' went upstairs, found an old track, taped it off, and gave it to him. I got paid four grand for that. A nice day's work. I've done that a few times, but I don't always do it."

:lol:

yeah this is a classic story...rdj is a lazy bastard. last i heard he was working on a program to write and compose the songs for him, all computer done. pure genius..hehe

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by Pilau Hands

i downloaded some songs and i liked what i heard

i like softer acoustic stuff. i enjoyed "Into Your Arms"

yeahhh into your arms is great

pilau i bet youd like...off the top of my head "paid to smile" "down about it" "if i could talk i'd tell you" "the outdoor type"

and i EMPLORE you to download "MY DRUG BUDDY" one of their best...youd love it.

Does anybody else remember the "Into Your Arms" music video? Call me a geek but MTV back in 93-94 was cool. They played The Ramones, Johnny Cash, Morrissey, Jane's Addiction, etc. Then they started playing that dumb "mmm mmm mmm mmm" song by the Crash Test Dummies and MTV was never the same again.

an amazin story

when i was about ten years old,this lady used to help look after me.She used to Take me to the playground and things.well she loved the lemonheads and used to take me too meet Evan dando all the time. ALL I remember was his handshake very painful!!Any way I thought he was a safe cool popstar so me and this lady made him a necklace out of fimo some plastic/clay shit that hardened in the microwave.We gave it to him.............then a month or so later.The lady came to my house with the face [a magazine from london] he was wearing it that was fucking odd

strange small world

i think the lady did all sorts of things with him hahahaha damm groupies

Archived