when Graffiti is taken 2 the extreme

desired

Some times writers piss me off because of the actions they make, in there mind they think its cool but in reality they just did something so fucking dumb. What I am basing my feelings on has 2 do with some toy crews who believe its the in thing or they feel they have the right to deface well known statues and cemetery stones. Fuck whats the point.

Some may say ,well all writers deface stuff like this because some obviously values what is displayed but should deface anothers person of ORIGINAL art work?

Stuff like f8s and MC D stores-just an example

I guess u can say are exceptable 2 deface -reasoning they are made in mass production were as stuff like well known statues shouldn't even be TOuched by kidz.

I know alot ppl wouldnt be "daring" enough to do such a thing but u know the odd balls

Yo and who ever fuckn tags a house ......shit your wacker than apple jacks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 87centHitMan

I think that alot of the time, inexperienced writers, toys, whatever, will go and hit the craziest spots in order to get some cheap recognition. They also probabaly don't think about the heavy consequences that hitting these certain spots can bring towards thier own name, their local scene, and the other writers that are involved in it. Hittin' up heavy shit in some not-so-huge towns can mean that the local law enforcment will crack down on the area's writers. I just say be careful. Don't go hittin' up the police station, or the courthouse, schools, churches, all that shit! You should know that if you consider yourself a real writer.

Guest --zeSto--

for once we agree.

I dont think that anyone should paint on Stone.

Same goes for statues or buildings older than your grandfather.

Some hits just aren't worth it.

The make people hate us.

Old Churches shouldn't get hit,

but I have no problem hitting the 'bin' or 'skip' behind one.

So Zesto, u think it's bad to hit building's older than your grandfather? Most of the building's downtown in cities are older than civil war veterans, and people always do shit on those buildings like on the side in an ally or on the roofs or fire escapes. they're downtown u gotta hit em up. maybe if they're really historical or somethin.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 10000lakes

in reality, paint doesnt inflict any real structural damage to a wall, it's the sandblasting that fucks it up. if i had a building and the shit got hit i would just leave it there and let it fade, shit its better than having a big random white spot.

but yeah you gotta have morals. churches, mom and pop businesses, peoples cars, house etc. should all be off limits.

i don't like it when people hit bridges that are all...well designed and shit. here in kc, 71 highway has some pretty bridges, with nice stone and shit...and it just looks bad when people write on it. which hasn't happened much. i think it's a deterrent because of that actually. other bridges look better when someone hits them, but i think...you have to respect architecture as an artform in itself.

so to make an analogy, it's like going over someone. no one cares if you go over some ugly shit and burn it. but to go over something that looked nice in the first place is ignorant. especially if your shit sucks.

I already yammered about this subject on another thread so I'll just shut up. I'm against hitting anything historical or culturally significant, but especially against bombing on people's private property like houses, fences, garages, etc. Ugly ass industrial shit like freeways or old warehouses or businesses like junk yards are fair game, I think.

NO GRAFFITI ON

-old buildings(ha you don't have that problem in the states haha)

-churches or religious sacred things

-monuments

-private houses unless its too good of a spot

-people

-animals

-everything that lives

-maybe even more

Well, I think everything, except people's cars (not because I care about people - but because it looks toy), is fair game. You boys want to get over to Europe - every fuckin building is historical - if you cut that shit out there would be nothing to bomb.

Anyhow, it's not as if Joe Schmoe differentiates between graffiti on a bus/train/church/dog/elephant/homeless bum/old building/new building - its all a mess to them and they hate it all. Writing on other peoples things is vandalism straight up.

So get out your pens, streakers, glass etch, drill bits, spray paint, emulsion, stickers, fire extinguishers, piss, come, shit, vomit, blood, brains, toe nails, scabs and whatever, and like simon says get the fuck up!

:D

Archived