???What Went Wrong???

Guest RaiD

ok i know it sucks you dont have to tell me this... this is my first attempt at a shading and i was kinda just freestyling i had no idea what i was going to paint when i went outside a few seconds ago... could i get som CONSTRUCTIVE criticism? no need to call me a toy.... i already know im just trying to learn new tecniques. if you have any suggestions on how to make it better throw them at me chances are i will go out and try it and take a flick of it to show you if it worked...

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/zodiackilla/toy.JPG'>

maybe i should have gone for this face...:spent:

ps... dont ask me why he dosent have feet.... i dont know either...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest greedy mars

looks like your trying to do a jesus only an ugly one.. i dont know .. keep it clean. and just keep doing it over and over... trust me.. paint everyday and yooull get better

i used all these caps i racked... i didnt know how they were going to react cause i never used them before.i used this one filler that me and my friends call the megaman cap (because you have to hold the can sideways to use it you look like mega man when your painting with it.)... it is used for painthing the ground but when you put it on a rusto can it puts out ALOT of paint in a small amount of time... it works for a really fast fill.

Originally posted by RaiD

ps... dont ask me why he dosent have feet.... i dont know either...

it doesn't have feet because you weren't sure how to do them. Everyone does that......do I show them point outwards, or to the side etc. Good choice by the way - practice what you do know before tackling the shit you don't.

By jove thats a big fucking yard. it's LANDSCAPED for fuck sake. I've been to counties that were smaller than that (Louth, what a shithole, and I ain't to fucking hot on Sligo neither...)).

FIRST TAKE A TRAIN OR BUS OUT OF THE WOODS.....NEXT FIND A SPOT....THEN DO THROWUPS AND SILVERS....DONT WORRY ABOUT CHARACTERS RIGHT NOW...YOULL LERN TO PAINT THOSE WITH TIME.....STICK TO LETTERS FOR NOW...START SIMPLE AND YOULL PROGRESS.

O AND DAMN I HOPE YOU GOT A LANDSCAPE SERVICE CAUSE THAT LAWN IS TYPE HUGE!

Guest MR BOJANGLES

1.get some thin tips

2. prime the wood first

3.practic on something bigger like a wall by an underpass. the bigger you go, the easier it is to do details.

4. dont sweat it man. we all started at the bottom. ive been writing for 10 years and i learn something new all the time. ;)

Guest greedy mars

Re: beat it toy!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Coat of Fur

you set up a friggin piece of plywood (with an easel) and everything in a park...thats all i have to say...you damn pussy.........im getting worse looking at these many godawful posts on here..........beat it!

you should beat it.. the kid is only trying to get better without having to worry about being caught. hey wheres your shit? ok .. well anyways .. raid the only way your going to get balls to go out and do shit is if you just do it.. i can understand that your practicing but try going to different places when you think you got your shit together.. explore or whatever.. if your afraid of getting caught then you gotta go out sometime or else youll be painting wood in your backyard the rest of your life..

Guest MR BOJANGLES

Re: Re: beat it toy!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by greedy mars

you should beat it.. the kid is only trying to get better without having to worry about being caught. hey wheres your shit? ok .. well anyways .. raid the only way your going to get balls to go out and do shit is if you just do it.. i can understand that your practicing but try going to different places when you think you got your shit together.. explore or whatever.. if your afraid of getting caught then you gotta go out sometime or else youll be painting wood in your backyard the rest of your life..

this is true.

Originally posted by RaiD

my friends call the megaman cap (because you have to hold the can sideways to use it you look like mega man when your painting with it.)... it is used for painthing the ground but when you put it on a rusto can it puts out ALOT of paint in a small amount of time... it works for a really fast fill.

GO out and bomb bomb bomb with your MEGAMAN cap!!! you will have much more fun than trying to be all arty farty. You will learn can control and handstyle with bombing. Start with that, thanks. goodbye.

the only toys that i see are the ones raggin on dude. he said hes a new painter and hes asking for tips, and constructive criticism. wood doesn't absorb paint as well as a concrete wall does. so for a fade you'll need to go out to a bridge, underpass. scope out a spot that will have at least a street light for some lumination, and a place where you can take your time without worrying about getting caught. bring a roler, some bucket paint and prime a spot. remember to water down your paint. don't use too much. not 50-50 more like 90-10. don't forget your screw driver to get the bucket open. brind like 6 or seven cans. don't mess with any colors. you wanna learn fades bring only black and white. nothing else. you'll get too preoccupied with color combos and shit to learn what you need to learn. in terms of caps. use the stocks. i learned on them and so should you. sketch out your character before hand. use white on a dark background or black on a white background, sketch it on the wall, don't worry about mistakes, once you got the structure, fill it in, wait a few minutes until it dries, take your other color and out line it. then attempt to fade. after that take the first color you used on your fill and outline again. fixing any mistakes. be aware of how light effects the object. do the shading on the sketch first if you are unsure. go back and forth back in forth swithching from white to black. then once you feel you're finished if you'd like outline it with one brush stroke.don't let go of the cap. try to do it all in one attempt. thats how you get can control. remember to have fun.

yeah yeah yeah...hes a new writer looking for tips..yadda yadda yadda...the fact of the matter is things like the internet and mainstream media have influenced suburban kids to take dadys suv to HOme Depot, buy some paint, and paint some boards in the backyard...thats cool i guess...but graffs urban culuture is diminishing..and for some reason i'm bitter towards suburban kids trying shit like this?? i don't mean to hate by anymeans for real, but anyone feel the same?

Re: Re: beat it toy!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by greedy mars

you guys got me all wrong man... i paint in public all the time, as you can see i was just "trying" to practice shading and ne caps and techniques and such... you know as well as i do your not going to want to experiment that much when your on an illegal wall that will be seen by alot of people.

nah drem, i agree... you shouldn't be learning this shit from the computer, if u can't soak it up in real life you shouldn't be writing in the first place... you're in the wrong place at the wring time!!! and you definately shouldn't be practicing on a wooden board LOL

it has nothing to do with urban/suburban, poor/rich, but you definately shouldn't be paying for paint (which you probably are) and you sure as hell shouldn't be priming, fading, or practicing anything until you have a handstyle and can do a throw-up... but feel free to whip pop's suv, i used to dog my mom's wagon out NO SHAME IN MY GAME!!!!

crawl before you walk faggot!

but your yard is still the bomb, i bet u play capture the fag up in there and have stupid bbqz

Originally posted by dremster

yeah yeah yeah...hes a new writer looking for tips..yadda yadda yadda...the fact of the matter is things like the internet and mainstream media have influenced suburban kids to take dadys suv to HOme Depot, buy some paint, and paint some boards in the backyard...thats cool i guess...but graffs urban culuture is diminishing..and for some reason i'm bitter towards suburban kids trying shit like this?? i don't mean to hate by anymeans for real, but anyone feel the same?

i know your not hating but graffiti isnt just for urban culture... by the way im not some rich suburban kid whos daddy has an SUV, im a middle class kid with parents that work they're asses off every day, i got all that shit myself with my own car and my own money, and and for that mainstream media influenced shit, im not i dont even fucking watch tv. anyway like i was saying graffiti isnt just urban culture, graffiti is human nature, since the cave man days cats have been writing on walls with sticks and shit. graffiti has nothing to do with urban culture it just so happens there is a hell of alot more walls to paint in a city then a small town. thats a very closed minded statment. open your eyes.

Archived