jesus saves using double coupons: free speech and religion

Guest railroadjerk

Guest railroadjerk

on campus here theres a pretty large religious furvor started by a group of kids who decided to have one person (a sophomore religious nut) to be the spokeperson for christianity in general by writing his own doctrine about what he, and apparently what we all should believe in.

they made tshirts with their slogan, and lots of kids wear them now almost every day. hundreds to thousands of them.

this is causing a big stir around campus because being in a very liberal town/university, people dont really like being told what to believe in, especially in regards to religion. i am along those same lines, even though i am catholic (though not practicing as much as i used to). even if i were to believe in every point this dude has to make, i wouldnt want him telling ME thats what christianity is all about.

i respect free speech, but i also believe in separating church from all non-secular facets of life so it can give the people who dont believe a hassle and religion free environment. the guy/the group says basically they just want to get people to begin to think about christianity, good or bad. in my opinion even wanting us to think about it is infringing on our rights of free thought and religion. i also believe that there shouldnt be a middleman between you and the person or persons you believe are the higher power. i wonder where a person like this, not ordained to be telling anyone about this sort of thing, gets off in doing so.

what do you guys think about this type of thing, it is his right to be doing this, but how far should it be taken?

by the way, the theads subject is one of many backlash sayings that people have been writing on sidewalks and walls...i found it hilarious.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Do they have guns to peoples' heads making them listen to their preaching? Then what's stopping you from exercising your right to walk away? Better yet, spend about 4 hours arguing with them about religion. Tell them that you sacrifice small animals in the name of Satan. Nothing gets a Christian going like talk of murder and Satan. Or make your own “religious flyers.” Make sure there are lots of pictures of dead, naked, underage, hookers, being fucked by a guy in a priest outfit. When they try to give you one of their flyers, hand them one of yours

Hmmm...this is a difficult one...

I give the kid props for believing in something so strongly, it takes alot to do so...

BUT also there is a point when you take it too far. I think that the point in this thing would be the shirts and etc. thats too far. I have no problem with religion, but i dont believe that you should change others beliefs to conform with your own. Everyone has different lives, different beliefs, and thats what makes our country great, its diversity.

It should stay that way...

Guest SerialRapisT

Heh

Sounds like the kids we beat the shit out of at my school...

Swear a boy once told me if I had God in my life I wouldnt have all these problems...

His lips bled and his eyes swelled... it was funny when I was done showing him what turning cheeks does...

Guest railroadjerk

thats just the problem, these people are so fuggin nice to you and take pretty much everything you give them.

a buddy of mine made a shirt that said "*** IS A DOUCHE BAG" in regard to the kid that the program is based around, the guy just said "hey bro" to my friend and smiled...

JERKS! THEY ARE TOO NICE!

"i respect free speech, but i also believe in separating church from all non-secular facets of life so it can give the people who dont believe a hassle and religion free environment. the guy/the group says basically they just want to get people to begin to think about christianity, good or bad. in my opinion even wanting us to think about it is infringing on our rights of free thought and religion. i also believe that there shouldnt be a middleman between you and the person or persons you believe are the higher power. i wonder where a person like this, not ordained to be telling anyone about this sort of thing, gets off in doing so."

you are the perfect christian, and i am really glad there are people out there like you that feel that way.

any time anyone tries to get in my business about religion i just say i'm an atheist. i think it shuts them up faster than if i was just like "i dont know what i believe in".

i think that whole group of people are stupid. if there is one thing i hate it is a jesus freak (whatever denomination).

thanks for the post. and yes, the 'backlash' remark is indeed hilarious!

Guest Stoney Blaze
Originally posted by RaiD

where can i get one of those shirts??????i wanna be a sheep too!

If you rock a shirt with nike or anything else on it. You already are a sheep.

Guest GEAsusONEnep
Originally posted by railroadjerk

i also believe in separating church from all non-secular facets of life so it can give the people who dont believe a hassle and religion free environment.

Are you sure you're catholic?

Guest Stoney Blaze

Re: Heh

Originally posted by SerialRapisT

Sounds like the kids we beat the shit out of at my school...

Swear a boy once told me if I had God in my life I wouldnt have all these problems...

His lips bled and his eyes swelled... it was funny when I was done showing him what turning cheeks does...

I'll admit I'm an athiest sinner and i've beat down many a punk ass muhfukah who started shit with me. But I ain't so weak of an asshole to tap a person for turning his cheak.

TOY for doin' that shit!

Guest railroadjerk

Re: Re: jesus saves using double coupons: free speech and religion

Originally posted by GEAsusONEnep

Are you sure you're catholic?

sure as anything ive been sure about.

Guest platapie

i could give a shti what those kids do on there time. but its when they try and preech on me is when i get mad. you do your thang i do mine.

Guest ledzep

its shit like that that spawns shit like the kkk.

i think that these people are an insult to catholics (at least me) and that they worship how they feel they should and allow others to do the same,

Archived