You know you're a poor mother fucker when...

Guest Dr. Drew

Originally posted by Pilau Hands

I realize poverty is all in perspective for certain folks and college students, but I thought this story was a good way to sober up sometimes. One of my professors was talking about how he hears kids talk about how poor they are all day long. Now he understands the joke the same as I do, but he used to do social work so he says,

[paraphrased]

You want to know what poor is? Y'all haven't even seen poor in your life! I mean you can bitch and moan about how you don't have enough money for a slice of pizza, but that ain't nothing. I was talking with a woman...Hispanic, she lived in the South Bronx. This woman had five kids...you ever seen a single mother with five kids? It's like...you ever met someone that just looked tired? I mean dog tired, and you know they got that look all day long, like they just wake up tired? So because of a few misunderstandings, the school thought the daughter was being abused, and after further understandings, they took her away. Well mom had to go to court to get her back. They assigned her to the court in Borough Hall (southern tip of manhattan). So I tell her that she has to be there by 8am and please please don't be late. I show up at 8 and here she comes.........holding with two toddlers in her arms. I'm like shit......so I ask her how she is and I come to find out that she didn't have enough money for train fare ($1.50) and couldnt get a baby sitter...so she made sure that she got up early enough, and the woman walked...This woman walked from the South Bronx to the lowest point in Manhattan, with two toddlers. Now that my children, is poor.

i hate too say this but thats plain stupidity not being to poor........there a thin line from not doning the right thing before its too late and being overwhelmed with financial needs......poor is dirt poor is hunger poor is 40oz. beers at the creek living under the bridge poor is going to jail on purpose to get fed and a shower....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dr. Drew
Originally posted by Pilau Hands

You want to know what poor is? Y'all haven't even seen poor in your life! I mean you can bitch and moan about how you don't have enough money for a slice of pizza, but that ain't nothing. I was talking with a woman...Hispanic, she lived in the South Bronx. This woman had five kids...you ever seen a single mother with five kids? It's like...you ever met someone that just looked tired? I mean dog tired, and you know they got that look all day long, like they just wake up tired? So because of a few misunderstandings, the school thought the daughter was being abused, and after further understandings, they took her away. Well mom had to go to court to get her back. They assigned her to the court in Borough Hall (southern tip of manhattan). So I tell her that she has to be there by 8am and please please don't be late. I show up at 8 and here she comes.........holding with two toddlers in her arms. I'm like shit......so I ask her how she is and I come to find out that she didn't have enough money for train fare ($1.50) and couldnt get a baby sitter...so she made sure that she got up early enough, and the woman walked...This woman walked from the South Bronx to the lowest point in Manhattan, with two toddlers. Now that my children, is poor.

thanks pilau. i wasn't trying to underestimate other people with real burdons, i know i'm not really poor. i'm not digging in dump heaps for bread crust like in many third world countries. its all good, just making a joke on how i cut costs.

Originally posted by ceasroni

-using the librarys internet to post on 12oz..:cool:

That's where I'm at right now man... shit...

Guest SPLINTER
Originally posted by DRUNKINMASTR

i hate too say this but thats plain stupidity not being to poor........there a thin line from not doning the right thing before its too late and being overwhelmed with financial needs......poor is dirt poor is hunger poor is 40oz. beers at the creek living under the bridge poor is going to jail on purpose to get fed and a shower....

thats not stupidity kid. when your faith told your parents that pulling out the pussy before you came was wrong and when they told you that condoms were wrong, you might get stuck with five kids. and you might not be able to do certain things because you cant afford them, but as long as she loved her kids more than anything in the world, she is smart (not more intelligent) than any of us because she has learned that love is worth so much more than money. she knows that as long as she gives her children love and keeps them in the only thing that is free, school, then they can have a chance to make money, but if they forget that love is worth more then theyre a waste of space, but if not, they are a success.

sorry for rambling.

-you go to vegas with friend's family and dont pay for gas, food, or hotel and then steal the hotel's stuff.

My friend is actually known for doing all these things:

Starting an illegal bonfire in your front yard

Using a shopping cart as a grill

Eating all the fish that you used to keep as pets

Buying smokes by the carton, and smoking everyone down the very last..where you actually smoke the filter part

squatting your former neighbors pad while their gone

sleeping in a plastic trashbag

going to a campsite and stealing essential items from other campers early in the morning

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by B_As_In_Bot

My friend is actually known for doing all these things:

Eating all the fish that you used to keep as pets

musta ben big fish

When you use newspaper for asswipe.

When you argue with people over who gets the "good cardboard."

When you have been eating oatmeal and peanut butter for more than a week, and damned glad to have it.

When you make a living by charging homeless people to crash in the squat you took over.

When you consider the local heroin dealer to be a financial institution.

When you have a successful businessman friend who runs a squeegee scam down at the freeway on ramp.

When you use pages out of a donated Bible to roll cigarettes in, and tell people, "Hell, this works better than Zig-Zags."

-try to buy something with a bus token

-wash your car with the same soap you take bath with.

-steal food from other people's house and put it in yours

-use tape & paper towel instead of a ban-aid

-wear a hoody eveyday cause you ran outta shirts

-wear the same clothes the next day if you think nobody you knew saw that day.

-refill your spring water bottle with water from the water fountain.

-drive half way across the city to get gas from a cheaper gas station.

- you steal from the dollar store

-your act like you faded jeans came that way

Originally posted by SPLINTER

thats not stupidity kid. when your faith told your parents that pulling out the pussy before you came was wrong and when they told you that condoms were wrong, you might get stuck with five kids. and you might not be able to do certain things because you cant afford them, but as long as she loved her kids more than anything in the world, she is smart (not more intelligent) than any of us because she has learned that love is worth so much more than money. she knows that as long as she gives her children love and keeps them in the only thing that is free, school, then they can have a chance to make money, but if they forget that love is worth more then theyre a waste of space, but if not, they are a success.

sorry for rambling.

-you go to vegas with friend's family and dont pay for gas, food, or hotel and then steal the hotel's stuff.

your telling me a person with all those kids walking all that way cuz she cant get dollar fifty to catch a bus is faith in doing the right thing...ah fuk no get 1dollar by sucking me off get a dollar by simply asking a kind soul but to compromise your saftey for no reason is stupidity and maybe she is poor ....poor is punking the rich kids for there bike and turning around and selling it for peanuts...

Originally posted by KaBar

When you use newspaper for asswipe.

hahahaha, aww man, i'm a little familiar with this one

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

You buy 40's in loose change

....but when you get to the counter you realize you don't have enough change so you run out to your car and search all through it, find nothing, go back in and put the 40 back in the cooler and get the quart!

Fuck last night!

Archived