Progressive jpegs...

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

When saving a jpeg in photoshop a dialogue window appears...it contains information/options on the compression level, filesize vs quality, and 3 types of jpeg formats to choose.

The standard (Default) setting is Baseline the second one is Baseline optimised and the third is progressive

A progressive jpeg is an image that progressivly loads, in the beggining it appears pixelated and as it loads it clears up. You can also choose three settings of scans 3, 4 or 5, The number of scans chosen indicates how many times the image will get through a 'clearing' phase to finnaly reach its original form.

I saved some jpegs like that abd uploaded them on freephoto but when i linked them here they didnt work 'progressivly' at all...the images loaded as usual, took their time and then poped up.

I've seen that thing work in other sites...and i'm puzzled, why its not working? Is it a server thing? what?....help a brother out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

My guess would be that even your 56k is fast enough to pull them in at a decent rate.

Thry to make a HUGE image with tone of gradients (the best way to spot compression).

Then do the eye test again. Also... the full image may be stored in your disk cache,

so loading time is redundant.

You know who gif images will load over time with letter degrees of compresion..?

Well that's the jpeg alternative.

Personally I dig Progressive retro...

and tesserat... why you always making me look like a nerd ?

Originally posted by Tesseract

The standard (Default) setting is Baseline the second one is Baseline optimised and the third is progressive

A progressive jpeg is an image that progressivly loads, in the beggining it appears pixelated and as it loads it clears up. You can also choose three settings of scans 3, 4 or 5, The number of scans chosen indicates how many times the image will get through a 'clearing' phase to finnaly reach its original form.

thank you very much for informing me of that :)

Guest imported_Tesseract

No Zesty, i make you sound wise, not nerdy bro:cool:

My guess would be that even your 56k is fast enough to pull them in at a decent rate.

Thry to make a HUGE image with tone of gradients (the best way to spot compression).

Then do the eye test again.

I really doubt that, i've loaded much smaller images from the same comp and they showed up progressivly, mines where really bigger and showed up at once(after a short time to load)

Also... the full image may be stored in your disk cache,

so loading time is redundant.

Again, seems not...i've tried to load the same pics even days after i uploaded them, my cache was surely empty from this files

You know who gif images will load over time with letter degrees of compresion..?

Well that's the jpeg alternative.

Tried that on image ready, didnt spot any option close to that...i dont know image ready that well, but the help manual didnt help me either...any ideas?

What is that? gimme some ideas, i gotta make that shit work asap,

Thanx

Guest --zeSto--

It's a joke we make about that crappy music that most top40 bars

play on 'retro' night. It's retro... but progressive! They play Tone Loc.

do you "delete all offline content" before tring to reload the pic?

Because every image you see is stored on your drive and the comp

knows to acces the local file instead of downloading it again.

personally... If it loads, doesn't crash, and doesn't look blocky ... (ain't broke dont fix it)

Guest imported_Tesseract

Funky cold Medina...

Hahahahha, DUDE!!! Tone loc:lol: that wa a nice flashback...

Thanx for the file bro, i'll check that, in the meantime i just worked a fraud on how to generate some fakeass progressive jpegs, workd for what i needed it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Cool Zesto, i got the file...got some answers...still i dont get the whole picture...anyway, as told before i worked out an alternative so we return to DEFCON 1

Thanx bro.

Archived