GOLF.

shameless self promotion

I played for the first time in weeks yesterday. My Woods were waaaay off.

However, my Irons played better than usual. go figure.

I need some work on the range, but it is brutal in 105 degree heat.

I figure I will start going once a week (after work), now that I can play 9 holes for $9 (summer rates) at the 27-hole course by my ofc.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing a good amount this year, almost once a week. Trying to be able to break a hundo on a consistent basis.

Yo, I switched from a bull shit driver to a TaylorMade R7 (I think I paid 200 like 2-3 years ago) and let me tell you, that shit was worth every penny. Easily added 40 yards to my drive (I now crush around 275 yds), and instead of 30% being straight with a shit club, I'm now at like 75% straight with this one--way more forgiving. Same with a fairway wood. I don't have one, but I like the taylormade r7 so much, I'm about to get the burner 3 wood. $130 new, 100 used.

I mainly play the muni's...I ain't trying to spend more than 40-50 bucks on a round.

• 2 weeks later...

played cog hill (same place they hold the western open), saturday.

shot 108 - or maybe 111 depending who you ask.

it was my bachelor party - so we had three groups.

i think about 50% of the people had golfed before, so it was pretty damn fun.

it made me want to go play some more this year before fall..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually play with females most of the time.

We both started this past spring.. We figured now that we live in AZ, it is a crime not to golf.

I have no clue what my scores are because I stop keeping track once I get drunk around the 11th hole, or get too worn out to finish 18 (It is hotter than the Sun here now)

I usually get one birdy, a couple PARs and the rest I average about 2 over PAR --> (mainly due to my shitty short game)

I used to drive well and have bad irons - now my irons are on point and my drives are off. It is too effin hot to go to the driving range now, so that part of my game will have to wait until sept. Plus, I really need to stop getting shitfaced when I play.. it is just so hard to resist.

I actually play with females most of the time.

We both started this past spring.. We figured now that we live in AZ, it is a crime not to golf.

I have no clue what my scores are because I stop keeping track once I get drunk around the 11th hole, or get too worn out to finish 18 (It is hotter than the Sun here now)

I usually get one birdy, a couple PARs and the rest I average about 2 over PAR --> (mainly due to my shitty short game)

I used to drive well and have bad irons - now my irons are on point and my drives are off. It is too effin hot to go to the driving range now, so that part of my game will have to wait until sept. Plus, I really need to stop getting shitfaced when I play.. it is just so hard to resist.

I'm a pretty shitty golfer. I only get out 3-4 times a year or so.

I usually average about 105-120. Pretty bad, I know..

I don't drink on the course though, for some reason I hate it.

I gotta get out and play a desert course some time - looks so much different than

the midwest courses/city courses..

• 8 months later...

beeen wantn some puttn after my move. Was going to learn golf before I relocated. Now im working at a Golf Clubs restaurant that is a pretty nice place and I can play for free :) Gonna have to get me some clubs:)

My view from the dining room.....

MYoung2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

fuck you guys, im so jealous yall are so close to TPC scots. bump the shit out of the 16th hole! my brother has been there for tourneys and says it gets insanely rowdy.

i have some dope pics from the last time i was out at pacific dunes, ill post em in a few days when im on a real computer. the par 3s at pacific are so ruthless. shit is no joke. one of these days ill get off my ass and go to caddy school so i can work out at bandon/pacific dunes for a summer. homies that loop out there make hella $$$. all under the table too :D

Archived