GOLF.

shameless self promotion

I am still a beginner, but I am hooked. I also got my wife to start playing.

I need to stop getting so drunk while playing and focus on my skills. I hit the driving range a few times a week, and I'm also able to hit wiffle & soft golf balls in my backyard. As soon as I get my posture and swing mastered soon, I'll go back to the drunken debauchery that is my usual golf game.

My biggest fault is my short game, I hate getting it on the green in two, then walking away with a double bogey. I just bought a new putter, and it already made a hell of a difference. The game is won or lost in the putting.

Now that it is in the Hundreds(degrees) here in AZ, we can play the ultra-expensive resort courses for pennies on the dollar.

I'm also booking a trip to Palm Springs this week - first time there, the courses look nice.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent played in over a year. I need to get back out there.

I played on the team in high school (just freshmen year). I was the same year in high school as Tiger Woods, our school played his (I was not varsity so I didnt get to go out) and our coach wouldn't shut up about him for weeks before. That was 7 years before he hit the PGA and I started hearing his name again. :useless tidbits:

I havent played in over a year. I need to get back out there.

I played on the team in high school (just freshmen year). I was the same year in high school as Tiger Woods, our school played his (I was not varsity so I didnt get to go out) and our coach wouldn't shut up about him for weeks before. That was 7 years before he hit the PGA and I started hearing his name again. :useless tidbits:

Fuckin a, Tiger is an all out savage. His ability to read greens blows my fuckin mind...

putting is a bitch. i've never been good at it

i need to prep my shots more when on the green

looking at the angles and drops, i just say fuck it and hit mostly

tomorrow i'm playing a nice little 9 hole course that's local

you get there by 6 since they close at 5:30

free golfing for 2 hours before it gets dark is perfect

Bandon6.jpg

Bandon Dunes - definitely the nicest course ive ever been on. i havnt had the privilege to play it, but ive caddied it a few times. my bro told me he'd pay my green fees whenever i get the balls (no pun intended) to play it. which is rad, considering in the summer time you'll pay $275 for 18 holes. baller shit.

i bought this set of clubs and have been using them for a week now

dunlop visions

image.jpg

they're amazing. for $160 shipped for a full set of clubs and bag.

they came with 1, 3, 5 woods. 2 hybrids. 5-PW irons and putter

the hybrid clubs are amazing. i've never used them before and are awesome

the 22° replaces the 4 iron and the 18° is just a nice club

i also found one of these at the range the other day

not bad for a $55 freebie 6 iron with graphite shaft

Calx-18.jpg

My favorite Course for a decent price if your into high end spots, and plus the Ritz is a great place to relax on a weekend getaway. about a 160 dollars regular, 80 bucks after 3pm half Moon Bay Ocean Course.

hmoon.jpg

Most expensive course i played at was pebble beach but i would choose Half Moon bay any day. 495 plus cart fee. Its amazing to play on a pro course but at that rate its a bit overpriced. pebble beach golf Links.

Pebble%20Beach.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i sub for a weekly league.. i am a 10 handicap at that course and i get to play for free because my good friend is the superintendent. i want to get custom fit for a driver, but i don't have the money to drop on a new one.. bummer

• 3 weeks later...

Don't sleep on getting your clubs fitted to your height and swing type - best money I've spent so far, and it's cheap as fuck to do. Shaft was perfect length, but lie was adusted +3 degrees and hook and slice are almost non existent now. Get out on the grass folks

i went to the range yesterday for the first time in a month

it felt amazing to swing a club again

i need to work on my driver shots so bad. i think it's my posture that's off

maybe 1 out of 6 shots is decent

i'll tear shit apart with my iron game though

banged out 18 today...played aight. i always start off good and goo downhill around 11th-12th hole due to lack of focus. golfs is the ill trasp, if you play well you wanna get back out there and do it again, but if you play shitty you wanna get back out and redeem yourself. therefore i never scratch the itch and have that constant need to go again.

I've been playing every sunday with my brother since summer started. My drives are fucking disgusting. I got the most rancid slice ever. It's still fun though, we play 9 holes, drink some beers, head to the bar for corn beer sandwiches and a few beers. All in all an eventful sunday.

Archived