** WEST OR EAST **

Guest eessee

Guest emit_df
Originally posted by TonySuprano

not from canada..from los angeles actually... i think ive heard of totem but definately none of the rest

writes that came outta L.A.

Saber

Gkae

Chunk

Bles

Phable

AWr,MSK,Lts,Kog,Uti

rask

zes

retna

siner

come on..east dont have heads like that

those guys are dope but what about

ces

espo

cope

cavs

seen

yes2

sew

cycle

cost revs

kaws

nace rip

rime

jive

totem

kem ges

sub

gaze

cycle

reas

ease

the amount of graff out NYC, CT, BOSTON, DC is insane.. too many writers to name....... I don't want to argue abut it.......I think at this point US graff is united into one unit of graff...... we should not be divided bt east and west..this really is a gay post.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest --zeSto--

^

would it matter?

Most of us have only heard of the 'famous' writers because of mags,

the web and our hunt for flicks. But what if you didn't know shit?

I'm sure that in the early 80's, the people doing it didn't expect the rest

of the worl to catch on. So what if you dont know other people's work.

But...

It's very (if not more so) important to know the local writers

and to learn from what you see in the real world. Back in the day

information about all subjects traveled at real time. Not across the net.

There's kids in little towns talking about the latest ATT prod, or some cope battle,

but there's zero graff in their city. Bizarre no?

Not a single piece, but they have acess to all that has come before.

This is more a rant on the info age, but graff fits the mould perfectly.

Guest Wase_137
Originally posted by SPFlatty

west coast...we run the freights, no doubt. sure, the east has a lot of tight freight painters, but the west has more cats rockin. but really, it's not about a coast anymore, its about time to start battling other countries, not that they could hang, but after seeing that western australlian freight scene thread in metal heads, we might soon have some comp...

Come on what's up with all the freight jockies? I mean they are cool but it's not all you have to talk about and to rock...

WEST ROUTE FASHOW,I STILL WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A TRIP OUT TO

THE EAST THOUGH.THEY GOT NASTY MOTHERFUCKERS OUT TOO..

FUCK IT CALI IS ALWAYS GONNA BE NUMBER ONE THOUGH,REGARDLESS......OH YAH, MY HOMIE'S FROM SAC ROLLIN WITH ME TO VISIT YOU BGR..FEEL THIS HEAT BITCH..YOU BETTER HOPE YOU STILL DRUNK.....AHAHAAAAAAAAAA...THOUGHT A WHITE

BOY CANT GET DOWN LIKE YOU?LOL...NO LUV,REMEMBER?

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by GLASS*ETCH

if youve only been on the west, time to go check out the east.......and vice versa

...absolutely. This is like trying to determine "Who was /is the best graffiti writer ever?" So many dope niggas from east to west (and south), just appreciate it all. The good stuff, I mean.

Guest Metacide

Typical LA Bombin Session

This shit wasn't funny when you first posted it and then you go and edit my name into it? What the fuck is that shit about?

Guest Metacide

lol ^

Smart, anyone who censors posts on a graf bb has got to be a fuckin pussy...in real life. Thanks for the proof. Heres a tissue for your tears, bitch [] <-- tissue. Actually that looks like a tampon, but I bet you could use that too :)

The Best?

As far as weather is concerned when it comes to painting year round the West has got it!!! As for writers.........the TRUTH is the East has got the most dope ass writers by far. Over the years I've seen, met and painted with some of the KINGS of New York. I love the fact that a West Coast writer like me can hook up with some DOPE ASS writers from NYC and get busy. Anyone that can't relate to that just doesn't know........

Both East and West has its great and wack writers but what does it really matter? What matters is who's still getting busy and who's coming up to take over after we are gone? Influence and share the knowldge with those who will inherit the streets. I know my history and where graff came from and who rocked it and who flopped it. I still meet writers that don't have a clue about the history of graff which I believe is one of the most important things that would make up a DOPE ASS writer.

Anyways thats what I had to say since I didn't read anyone else mention it.............PEACE to both coasts.

Frame One

DTK crue

Los Angeles, California

1983-1998:king:

...frame got a point...living in the west who can forget saber's ultimate burner...but i still gotta say the East has it locked...history kids...if you dont realize, you won't recognize...Bronx gave us graf...so lets not bite the hand that feeds us

• 3 weeks later...

None of us are as rich as 2-pac or biggie smalls to be arguing this, so lets no be gangsters. How about we all shut tha fuck up and paint......

I can just see it now. Leagal walls everywhere WESTCOAST FOO! EASTCOAST SUCKA!

Archived