Eek A Hamster!

-Rage-

about the possum...

the room this kid lives in a shitty little basement... the guy who lived there before was a junkie, and there was his side of the room (bed, tv, chair...) and the trash side (litterally a whole side of the room piled about 1-2 ft. deep with trash...). the trash side was the possum's side (there's wholes in the wall, so you can't really keep the possum from getting in...) the possum only crossed the "line" once, and all the junkie had to do was look at it angrily and the possum went back to it's side. but when my buddy moved in, he got rid of the trash and actually used the whole room and had furniture and shit, definately no place for a possum. so this possum starts getting angry and hissing and barking at him whenever he sees it, and started stealing small things too... this was a possum that needed a beating...

i know my friend didn't let it suffer for hours tho, even he knows that's fucked up...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

THE ARTICLE ABOUT MY OPOSSUM STORY

Whittier Daily News Online

Felony charges sought in death of opossum

Witnesses say animal shot with arrows, killed with pipe

April 06, 2002

By Hector Gonzalez

Staff Writer

SANTA FE SPRINGS -- County animal control officials are seeking felony charges against a Santa Fe Springs man who allegedly shot an opossum with arrows fired from a crossbow, then used a pipe to kill the animal after discovering it survived.

"To me, this is a clear-cut case of felonious animal cruelty," said Capt. Aaron Reyes, operations manager at the Southeast Area Animal Control Authority in Downey, which serves Santa Fe Springs, Pico Rivera, Downey and surrounding cities.

The opossum was shot at about 11 p.m. March 30, according to witnesses interviewed by SEACCA officials. The officials were notified of the incident by neighbors of the man, Reyes said.

One resident said he saw the man in his back yard, firing arrows at the opossum. That witness told SEACCA officials he thought the man had killed the animal.

However, when neighbors saw the opossum walking along a wall some seven hours after it was struck, several of them confronted the man. One resident took photographs of the wounded animal.

At that point, according to the witnesses, the man told his 17-year-old son to fetch a pipe, and the two of them killed the animal with blows to the head, according to witnesses' statements cited by Reyes.

The man has not been arrested, pending the filing of criminal charges, Reyes said. If a felony charge is filed against him, he will be notified of the criminal complaint and informed of his court date by mail, he said. Authorities have not released the man's name.

On Tuesday, Reyes said he presented SEACCA's investigative report -- which included witnesses' statements, the photographs and an admission from the man -- to the deputy district attorney at Whittier Court who is in charge of filing criminal cases.

However, Deputy District Attorney Deborah Cole-Hall said she was not yet ready to agree with animal control officials that a felony charge is warranted in the case.

"I thought it should be one thing and he (Reyes) thought it should be another," Cole-Hall said Friday. "I just want to run this by someone who knows more about it than I do. It's being reviewed by a supervisor."

Reyes said Cole-Hall suggested a misdemeanor charge be filed, but he insists it's a case of felony animal cruelty. The felony animal cruelty law requires authorities to prove a defendant "willfully and intentionally harmed, injured or killed" an animal, Reyes said.

A conviction for felony animal cruelty requires a prison sentence and a $20,000 fine.

"This certainly falls into that category," he said. "You look at that picture and you can almost see that animal walking away, thinking, 'I think I can make it.' He has that look."

He adding that he expects prosecutors to make a filing decision by early next week.

"The ball's in their court now," he said.

Whether the District Attorney's Office files a misdemeanor or a felony charge, Reyes said his office will insist that the man, if he's convicted, be required to undergo counseling as part of his sentence.

"We all know that there is a link there - people who commit violence against animals do often go on to commit violence against other people," said Reyes. "That's been pretty much established."

that is so goddamned dumb

so what the guy killed a possum

big deal, leave the guy alone

damn hippie tree hugger motherfucking neighbors need to be shot with arrows and beaten with pipes too

screw possums they are evil looking and mean

i saw a possum laying on the road...it got smashed...i never thought

they would be about in my neck of the woods. anyone ever eat possum?

steve-o did on cky3 or some shit...kept throwin up like a bitch...it was

funny

Archived