Life?

Fugazi

damn dude your making me sad... if you are only 19 and think life is already over than i am way over the hill.... it is like the adds used to say "I don't want to grow up, I'm a toys "r" us kid".... life is what you make it and if you dont want to live the normal run of the mill family life then don't... would you rather have what you think your ment to and be all depressed... or live life the way you want to and die broke and lonely but know that you lived one hell of a life.... i picked the second one for myself!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

look for any books written by Tich Nhat Hahn (im pretty sure thats how its spelled)

it will help you, i guarantee...because it certainly hooked me up with a new way of thinking...

its buddhism, but it applies to everyone, no matter what race, religion, sex you are. no matter where youre from, where you grew up, what you went through..its really good

Guest NoamChomsky

Regulator,I can relate to most of what you said.My parents lost all their trust with me some time ago.Im for the most part on lockdown.They search my room all the time.And im not really allowed to go out after dark.In the past they've sent me to live with relatives,threatened military school,tried to get me commited to a mental institution,etc.I have friends but i dont really feel that they get me,I spend most of my time lonely and depressed.But,alas! It could be worse.Im about to turn 18 and get the hell out of dodge.All these posts are depressing.Who wants pizza?

NINJA IN PAJAMAS O.G. --->Noam"going to be on the Montel Williams show next week"Chomsky

Tich Nhat Han! haha.. great. I never thought I'd hear that name again, let alone someone suggesting him as reading material for the depressed. not that he isn't good, just relatively obscure. when you're down you can find inspiration wherever you want. when I was around 15 I read Plato. that kept me straight for a couple of years. then I moved onto Nietzsche which just makes you angry and conflicted. then I found caustic, biting literature which taught me the joy of making asses of stupid people. I like Ishmael too. and Boethius. Boethius. Boethius. but stay away from too much Nietzsche he'll ruin you.

just keep your eyes and mind open. be adventurous and do everything that you want to do. granted it won't result in instantaneous eternal bliss, but it will teach you to live life without regret.

intresting subject, id like to talk about it more when im sober, this comes from having a long ass talk about life with my best friend the other day.

i miss being a kid, god i do, when all that mattered was drinking beers, macking chicks, and sneaking out of the house. who didnt love their first year in high school?

thsi will make sense later.

Re: Thanks for your feedback©©©

Originally posted by Fugazi

I appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts and comments© I think my main problem is that I live in the past© I think I may need to see a counselor or something eventually© Sometimes I just sit back and think about when I was a kid©©© and like Christmas time with my parents and relatives© Times that will never again be© Nothing can bring them back© I had a dream a few weeks ago© I was at my old house where I haven't lived in years© My dad was in the backyard, god he looked so young, like I remember him when I was a kid, and he was smiling, like he was expecting me© I broke down in tears© He gave me a hug as I was crying and said to me, "It's alright, your mother and I are growing old, it's part of life©" I don't know© I can't think about this shit anymore tonight© I'm going to sleep©

damn©©i would have to 100% agree with just about everything youve said in this post© and regulator, i totally agree with you too©

Guest Fabo 2

Life is a lot like a bus.

There's an upstairs and a downstairs.

Sometimes there's a conductor.

You allways gotta pay.

Sometimes you get a seat.

Sometimes you don't.

Oh well.

• 11 months later...
Originally posted by Fugazi

No, I don't think about killing myself, I don't think that's the right answer for anyone. I don't want prozac or any anti-depressants. Is that any way to live? Taking a drug that hides your true emotions and feelings? It's like putting on a blind fold. Life is painful, but it's beautiful as well.

I def. hear what your saying and all, but i disagree with the prozac shit. I used to be on it and it helped. Depression si a chemical imbalance, and it can be fixed, it's not hiding anything, it just takes ur perspective of the world and pulls it from the gutter and sets it on the porch, so to speak.

Archived