Wholetrains

Guest imported_Europe

this thread is called whole TRAINS...

I thought it was obvious that the pictures would be of whole trains...

obviously not.

come on bumflex.. keep up.

if i wanted to do freights id go bumkin ends, and blaze and drink all day.

the rest are poor wholecars.

soooo.... as i said, wheres americas WHOLETRAINS.

PUNK

ps. who says douche bag?:lol:

europe would burn us. for steel!!!!!:D :king: :king: :king: :king:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lick my nuts and tally ho

cars or trains

what the fuck does it matter

same fuckin difference...

remember children AMERICA created graff

DO NOT GET IT TWISTED..........

where you kids are today is because we paved the way

not much more to it than that

so talk all the shit you want but if it wasn't for us you would be playin cricket so some dumb ass shit like that.....

go watch blue's clues cause the only thing you runnin is you mouth

Originally posted by honkywalker

ps. who says douche bag?:lol:

europe would burn us. for steel!!!!!:D :toy:toy:toy:toy:

I SAY DOUCHE BAG.

WANNA KNOW WHAT IT IS? .............LOOK IN THE MIRROR

and if europe would burn america why do your countrymen pay for the US talent to come over and show y'all what real graff is???????????

enough for you

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Re: lick my nuts and tally ho

Originally posted by bemflix

cars or trains

what the fuck does it matter

same fuckin difference...

remember children AMERICA created graff

DO NOT GET IT TWISTED..........

where you kids are today is because we paved the way

not much more to it than that

so talk all the shit you want but if it wasn't for us you would be playin cricket so some dumb ass shit like that.....

go watch blue's clues cause the only thing you runnin is you mouth

You ignorant Yankee idiot!! If it wasn`t for us you wouldn`t have trains to paint on, if it wasn`t for cricket , baseball wouldn`t have existed and if it wasn`t for this cricket playing country you wouldn`t have a country full stop or be speaking English. so Bemflix post up some "new" U.S WHOLETRAINS OR FUCK OFF TO ANOTHER THREAD i.e FREIGHTS!! GET ME!!

nice posts Von schnabel. its amazing what a difference a nice colour combination makes - those orange, black and grey cars wouldn't be as nice if they were painted with the usual silver and black in my opinion.

nice to see another depressing US vs The World argument raging yet again. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nG

nice posts Von schnabel. its amazing what a difference a nice colour combination makes - those orange, black and grey cars wouldn't be as nice if they were painted with the usual silver and black in my opinion.

nice to see another depressing US vs The World argument raging yet again. :rolleyes:

'nice' :lol:

yo bem im saying man just cause graff started here 30-40odd years ago, everyone has to like sweat ny forever? europeans have taken the shit and ran with it. they do to this day what all new yorkers did everyday when graff was developed...if anything, they are more in touch with where "graff started" than anyone painting a lazy ass whole fr8 car or scrap car.

bottom line: this is WHOLETRAINS, not whole cars. to my knowledge no one in the states has done a whole train in well over a decade.

i dont jock europeans anymore than they jock us....respect goes where its due. if someone paints wholeTRAIN on mars, ill give em props.

Originally posted by cheerleader

yo bem im saying man just cause graff started here 30-40odd years ago, everyone has to like sweat ny forever? europeans have taken the shit and ran with it. they do to this day what all new yorkers did everyday when graff was developed...if anything, they are more in touch with where "graff started" than anyone painting a lazy ass whole fr8 car or scrap car.

bottom line: this is WHOLETRAINS, not whole cars. to my knowledge no one in the states has done a whole train in well over a decade.

i dont jock europeans anymore than they jock us....respect goes where its due. if someone paints wholeTRAIN on mars, ill give em props.

cheerleader knows the deal!

Originally posted by inshAZ

something funny about this picture, why are there so many clocktowers in the background? and why does the grass in the foreground keep repeating itself.......:confused:

Because the photographer was standing still and the train was moving. ;)

BTW I'm in 2 minds about this, first I think what a mission then I think, the first and last carriages - what a waste of paint! Then I think what a mission then I think what a waste of paint... :crazy:

Originally posted by inshAZ

something funny about this picture, why are there so many clocktowers in the background? and why does the grass in the foreground keep repeating itself.......:confused:

god you're stupid. :lol:

Here in Norway, scrap trains and freights are almost disrespect to paint. There's no point, its way to easy and its fucking ugly.

You american's say you made graff, but did YOU make graff? Are you one of the old boys, the ones that ruled the train lines back in the 70'ties, and 80'ies? Are you one of the old stars? If not, then shut the fuck up, as after the trains died, so did most american graffiti. I mean, most of the "old boys" quitted, and went other ways.

I have a shitload of respeckt for the old NY train-bombers, they invented both style and trains. But the "new school" American writers mostly suck.

Oh, and if it's so hard to paint trains in NY and other places, why is that when european writers come, they burn your trains? Also, i read that in America, you don't have to think of most of the yard-workers, just the guards. I mean, what the fuck! If it had been that easy in Norway, i would be in the yard 24/7.

And if the yards are fuck, why not just do backjumps?

The old days are over (sadly). Europe has taken over graffiti, easy and simple. Show me some new wholetrains from America, and i mean TRAINS, not some ugly freights.

i didnt bother to read all of this thread.. all i read were a couple angry euro posts that were anti american. nowi dont want to argue and i dont think either part of the world is better. graff is all about the individual. not your state or country. yes, it is true that graffiti started in the americas, yes it is true that there are probably more writers here also, and also yeah its true that europeans do hit alot more passenger trains than the us. and it is quite obvious that outside of trains, europeans dont have much on americans in terms of walls. you say wheres our whole trains and cars? we say to you where is your la river piece? wheres your planes, wheres your fucking barge boats. we hit just as big as you do, just because as its not in the same place doesnt mean its not as good. stick saber msk awr in europe and im sured hed put everyoine to shame. he puts alot of us people to shame also. theres obviously a large contrast in style between here and there. in europe yes.. everyone gets up everywhere. here, you have fewer writers that are kings, but they are alot better than the kings over there. the writers in europe that really put in the effort to be better at graff stand out, like daim, dare, and others. neither section of the world is better and you cant compare, lifestyles are completley different and echside gets their own respect.

i really dont think one huge piece in the LA river is an excuse for not doing transit. im not into people hating on the US flat out...that sucks...not all of us are retarded and hate on europe..tons of us love and respect all the work that everyone in europe does. whoever is doing work, regardless of nationality, gets respect from me.

i think a big factor that no one ever discusses that explains a lot of the differences is that in europe, you all have a zillion magazines where trains get printed regularly and videos and what not. theres much less stigma about having your shit in magazines and what not. in the states, we cant really get away with publishing clean train work in mags like yall do. so, if everyone does shit for rep, at least in europe you know if you get night flicks, or even a shot in transit, even if it gets ragged the next day,those flix get out and into amgs and what not.

in the states, there is no outlet for that rep. in the old days in nyc, you painted a train and people saw it. now, there isnt any outlet for even the photo to get out (except online and even then americans just tend to be paranoid about putting anything out there b/c theres so few people doing them that it makes it easy for authorities to be like "lets get ___")

so its like a shitty cycle we are stuck in in america: once you dont have the 'rep' incentive, less kids do trains and get more into street spots. once the number of kids on steel dips below a critical mass, then it becomes easy for the cops or detectives to focus on the little handful of people who *do* do it. so, those few kids hafta be real careful and keep their flicks to themselves, so no one ever knows they are doing it, which = no rep. not many writers are interested in doing steel just for the flick in their own home...kids want the rep. and without that rep, people tend to be like "id rather do a street spot or a rooftop". at least if you hit the streets, you know its gonna get seen, not buffed, and the flicks are published online or in zines. think about it: name one american magazine that features clean trains. you cant cause it doesnt exist. there are only like 3 or 4 american grafifit zines at all, and those barely come out more than once every 2-3 months.

basically, just like the quality of paint europeans have, you guys over in europe dont understand how puritan and close minded america still is about stupid things like graffiti. shit, its still illegal for any american televsion show to curse or show bare breasts. we just have a somewhat more closeminded society when it comes to some things like this. there is NO WAY we will ever have a "montana writer team" and there will never be ads in fro spray paint featuring a graffiti wirter doing a piece. our paint companies STILL swear that their product is made strictly for the purpose of painting wicker chairs.. caps are pretty illegal to sell anywhere. some cites have banned spraypaitn sales all togehter. there are no "graffiti festivals" except for scribble and paint louis and both those events go thru hell trying to avoid being banned. people in america hate hate hate graffiti and there was never the semi-acceptance it gets in europe.

so, if you live in paris or london or berlin, you know "hey, if i go do some panels, itll get seen eventually by someone..." it may not run, yeah, but if you get flix, itll get seen, right? youre not doing panels and not taking flix, right? you wouldnt just go paint a train, not take a flick and have no one ever know you did it. well, thats what is like a lot of times here in the states: there is no outlet for the output. people DO do clean trains here, but theres no outlet for them. ask the clean train americans...they cant even show their shit online.

this also explains the whole "europeans go to nyc and do trains all the time!!" gripe....of course they do!! a: they do steel all the time in europe so they are much more in touch with the process than the new generation of americans and b: they get flicks and bring them home to publish in all the euro magazines and websites. c: they LEAVE nyc and dont have to worry about the heat that comes from doing them.

so, if i fly to paris tomorrow, and i do like 10 panels in a week or 2, i can jet back to the US and not worry one bit about the vandal squad or search warrants, or rival crews ratting me out or whatever. its that kind of a deal.

so, im not taking anything away from european writers....i love graff from anywhere...but maybe if yall understood the subltety of all these dynamics a little better, youd understand how the whole paradigm shifted over the last few decades as graffiti in americ shifted from a 'quality of life' offense in the 1980s to a felony crime in the 90s. american writers have the exact some ratio of tyos to kings as europeans...were all human, its gonna end up being the same....the only difference about trains has to do with american society and the legal trends that led up to everyone being pushed off trains and the legal restrictions on publishing any of them that *do* get done. if we had magazines that published clean trains that came out every month like europeans do, and there was no fear of getting you house raided for doing it, TRUST ME, kids would do steel as much as europeans do. no one in the US is a scaredy cat - we take ridiculous risks bombing, and given the way our country works with poverty and guns, we often face just as much (if not more) risk scaling barbed wire to creep up the side of peoples houses to do rooftops and whatnot. in other words, while cleantrains are dangerous with gaurds and shit in europe, its also a tad bit formulaic: you know how long you have for backjumps, you know the factoars and the risks, if you go enough times a week, youll pull a few off. but with streets in america, its just a different kind of risk. here, citizens are blood hungry, they love nothing more than calling you in on cellphones, getting you busted, you got trigger happy citizens, who have the legal freedom to shoot you in the face if you are climbing up their fireescape ladder, you have cops who have the freedom to stop and search your bag if your walking down the street shady-looking at 3am...or if you are the wrong race, etc,etc,etc.

my point being: theres a reason why trains have declined here, but dont mistkae that for americans lacking heart. we are cut from the stuff as any european. i dont think europe owes us any sort of respect for graff starting here (beyond respect for those old kings) but i also dont think us not doing steel is the basis for saying that one side of the pond is better than the other.

all that being said, that whole care posted up above by schnabel is amazing.

yeh its good to see that there are some americans who actually arent too up their own arses to see what is actually going on. respect.

but...! dotn wanna cause a next argument im just gonna clear a couple thigns up

"no fear of getting you house raided for doing it"

house raids are standard if you get caught hittin trains.

also the cops are the same here as far as gettin searched goes...

thanks cheerleader...

But I have some questions. To me it sounds like you believe that there is nowhere to publish current american transit....and if one does publish photos the authorities in (blankcity) will push harder to make a conviction.

The thing that I think you are missing is the fact that all train companies, transit authorities, police and the independent graffiti removal contractors make a record of the work they do.

On any average painted panel you are going to have at least one photo taken by the opposing team. (Possibly three depending on what groups become involved).

so if a writer in america gets a photo of a panel while it is in service (or anywhere besides where it was painted) why couldnt it be published? any Henry C could have released that shutter.

and if there is such a large source of graffiti media in europe why not send photos there.... a good metro panel is a good metro panel regardless of continent... this would also divert attention from local authorities who might read your Clouts your Vapours and your LSD but probably dont read XG, subwaynet, UP....etc.etc.(too many to name)

just a thought

props to your sports team for all the insight i agree with lots of what you said.