Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest imported_Europe

Wholetrains

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it always seemed to me that the vast network of trains throughout europe was what kept the transit painting alive over there. we simply do not have anything that big to play within other than fr8s.

^^ i dunno, commuters maybe....but subways i dont think theres really *that* much more in europe. in the US theyre just spread out more....

Originally posted by cheerleader

^^ i dunno, commuters maybe....but subways i dont think theres really *that* much more in europe. in the US theyre just spread out more....

hmm, check www.metropla.net (metroplanet), there are quite a lot of subways in europe. the bloody germans have about 7 to themselves. :mad:

...and of course that site doesn't include normal 'commuter trains', like the paris TER, copenhagen s-trains or british 'BRs' for example. every country has these too, and the systems are usually bigger than the subways.

btw Europe that GMS (?) WT is off the fucking chart! :dazed:

although a top site

i think they confuse tram lines with subways .... in germany there is only three or four real subway systems ..and the others i think the kiddies from the towns like to claim they are subways but they aint

like a tram that has one underground station or something??:lol:

Guest imported_Europe

Ill just post some more...

Hamburg wholetrain part 1

Guest imported_Europe

Hamburg wholetrain part 2

yeah i was gonna say, nG, how many of those are really authentic subway systems? i can think of like 6 or 7 MAJOR ones in europe, and about 5 or 6 in the states. of course in europe, theres waaaay more shit like trams and commuters...but if you count those trams, then theres also like 30 more systems i could think of in the US....that would mean philadelphia has about 6 transit systems not including the commuters. so, if you squeezed alllll of the US into the size of europe, i think youd be surprised to find that theres really not that big of a gap, honestly.

there is a lot more than 6 or seven major subs in europe!!!!

FRANCE

paris . lille . lyon . marseille

AUSTRIA

vienna

SPAIN

madrid barcelona valencia bilbao

ITALY

milan rome naples

HOLLAND

rotterdam amsterdam

BELGIUM

brussels

GERMANY

berlin hamburg frankfurt munich

DENMARK

copenhagen

SWEDEN

stockholm

NORWAY

oslo

FINLAND

helsinki

UK

london

SCOTLAND

glasgow

And thats just the ones i can remember ... and not venturing into eastern europe

ie WARSAW PRAGUE BUDAPEST BUCHAREST ETC

Originally posted by se_FOUR

^^

hasn`t newcastle ?

yep. big up all the geordies doing REAL graff (i'm only kidding, i've learnt a lot in this little debate) :lol:

from what i know its a more of a metro ..than a subway

although england doesnt really have any s train sytems i think the metros are the nearest things !

liverpool.southlondon.newcastle etc

fuckin hell ..this is getting trainspottery, i dont like it

Originally posted by starman

there is a lot more than 6 or seven major subs in europe!!!!

FRANCE

paris . lille . lyon . marseille

AUSTRIA

vienna

SPAIN

madrid barcelona valencia bilbao

ITALY

milan rome naples

HOLLAND

rotterdam amsterdam

BELGIUM

brussels

GERMANY

berlin hamburg frankfurt munich

DENMARK

copenhagen

SWEDEN

stockholm

NORWAY

oslo

FINLAND

helsinki

UK

london

SCOTLAND

glasgow

And thats just the ones i can remember ... and not venturing into eastern europe

ie WARSAW PRAGUE BUDAPEST BUCHAREST ETC

some of these systems are huge. there's only a few key cities in the US that support massive metro systems. i think we also lack the extensive short/long distance trains they do.

well, i stand corrected then...but if thats true, that would prolly really contribute to the argument that theres also a lot less steel to actually paint here.

inter-railing's really a lot more popular there but it goes hand in hand with the idea that transit is less mainstream here.

cheerleader... i respect your views but americas lack of commuter action isnt anything to do with the lack of trains! in the north of the uk there are few trains but that doesnt stop people banging out 100's of wholecars and panels every year

Originally posted by starman

cheerleader... i respect your views but americas lack of commuter action isnt anything to do with the lack of trains! in the north of the uk there are few trains but that doesnt stop people banging out 100's of wholecars and panels every year

but those same northern writers are also the most paranoid because of their steel habits. if you met one you wouldn't know it - they never let on that they have anything to do with graf. they also change their mobile phones every couple of months. i think writers painting clean trains in the US lead the same sort of life. i wouldn't have the guts to do it, and that probably goes for a lot of people, from all countries.

i imagine the rewards for leading such a stressful life are nice though.

lol!! my original point was i thought there actually wasnt *less* trains here..but you all proved me wrong!! so im saying, i guess having less trains here just adds to my overall point from before: the difference in the way things developed + the huge gap in aftermarket media = less incentive to hit steel here, more incentive there. bottomline: we all would prolly fuck anna kournikova if given the chance.

Guest sneak

bottomline: we all would prolly fuck anna kournikova if given the chance.

hurrah!!

There's a lot of really clandestine clean train shit that goes on in America. Hardly anyone wants the flicks shown, even to people they know or trust.

Kinda self-defeating, but fresh nonetheless.

I recently saw an album full of cleans done in the US that blew my mind. I had no idea the kids were even doing cleans, much less burning them like freights.

In the interest of not blowing their spot I won't say what city they were from, but I do remember their tags/names:

1) Habit 267 -- John Meadows (his social security number was, if i remember right, 567-82-4590)

2) Tenser -- Eric Lorens (439-52-7842; tall guy, light complexion, blonde hair)

3) Felt -- Steven Phillips (didnt get his social but he lives on Filmore, northeast side of *****, at the corner where Filmore meets Katella)

That's DL shit though. Doesn't leave the room.

what the fuck is that shit? ^^^^^

i think europe has alot more subway systems than that. i know you could maybe even count the DLR in london for one, its not really a subway, but a light rail system. which is good enough. italy has more than those three, i think genoa has one, as well as bologna has a small one and maybe bari/brindisi, kiev, vienna, bucharest, budapest, praha, even utrecht has a light rail system, its a tram but not really.

anyways, im rambling off.

and yes interrailing plays a different part in european graffiti. i doubt its really that possible in the us exept for the east coast it seems.

tencents being "sarcastic"...dude you blew up habits spot!!!

but yeah, i too only recently learned about all the clean trains getting done in the states. i have maaaad catching up to do.

also: what is interrailing? im not clear on what you all mean.

(ps: this whole long discussion should be cut out of the wholetrain thing and stickied...i leanred a lot here...very friendly discussion. thanks all you europeans and europhiles.....i know nothing about australia either.....whats up, do people paint steel in africa?)

tencents being "sarcastic"...dude you blew up habits spot!!!

but yeah, i too only recently learned about all the clean trains getting done in the states. i have maaaad catching up to do.

also: what is interrailing? im not clear on what you all mean.

(ps: this whole long discussion should be cut out of the wholetrain thing and stickied...i leanred a lot here...very friendly discussion. thanks all you europeans and europhiles.....i know nothing about australia either.....whats up, do people paint steel in africa?)

Inter-railing is a licence to travel round Europe by train, meet lots of writers in countries you never been before, paint strainge walls n trains, chased by crazy cops, drool at some fantastic women,live a life for a month by travelling,eating and painting.....1 month unlimited travel on European railways! ;)