Wholetrains

Guest imported_Europe

Being a European its odd that I agree with what your saying (cheerleader), I was never really a Steel writer as it always seemed to much hassle for something I was never going to see again, apart from on a flick, I tend to paint where I travel, therefore ill hit the tracks that I take everyday to work, or bomb the streets that I drive down.

However... as a cultural thing there are always ways of making sure people know you are hitting transit, in the UK when you do a yard there are always ways to see whose been there recently (New tags on the way in, bored bombing whilst waiting for the cleaners to move etc). Also there are still parts of the trains that will run (undersides, boxes by the wheels). I think your point about "critical mass" said it best, it would probably only take one or two people in your city to really hit the subway hard for it to become "flavour of the month"

In the UK Subways have always been highly valued, but it was only a few years ago that we had such a resurgence, a couple of people showed that Tubes could be hit, and could be hit hard. Mace, Nok and then Tox should you could absolutely smash just about every tube running.

This then had an affect that showed it was possible, this got a whole new generation hitting tubes and even got plenty of the old timers back out again. It all seems fairly cyclical to me though, the Police will make the yards even more secure, a few people will get busted and the whole "Yard" movement will die down again with the exception of a few die hards. Then everyone will go back to doing insides, or Tracks or whatever is the current buzz.

As a few people have said though, subways will always remain the highest prize, and a Whole Car is fantastic, a whole train is something I would show my grand children in 50 years time!

I think the reason the US / Europe argument always flairs up is due to a minority of people who won't attempt to understand the other sides view, People from the states who claim subways don't matter when there orgazaming over a freight that many people would class as easy as a permission wall. And also some Europeans who have this blind devotion to painting subways that 99% will never see the light of day.

Again a happy medium is what’s required...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by cheerleader

and anyone that says they are breaking into train yards for the sheer fun of it and could care less if anyone ever sees it is either crazy or lying.

lets see some more wholetrains......plus, what is up with the definition of a whole train....4 cars or 8 cars?

1. i dunno.... there must be a whole lotta crazy people in london!!!

2. wholetrain?? id say it doesnt actually have to be the whole train just multiple wholecars?

3. id say writers do more transit in europe because its kinda the "in" thing to do?

4. do people do backjumps in new york??

lets see some more wholetrains......plus, what is up with the definition of a whole train....4 cars or 8 cars?

i'd say four, depending on the system. something like this...:D

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/sdkwc1.jpg'>

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/sdkwc2.jpg'>

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/sdkwc3.jpg'>

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/sdkwcpt4.jpg'>

^ SDK from paris X 4, we all know where...

thanks to whoever scanned them from Xplicit Grafx. they will probably disappear soon because of the host...

^^ i dunno, commuters maybe....but subways i dont think theres really *that* much more in europe. in the US theyre just spread out more....

hmm, check www.metropla.net (metroplanet), there are quite a lot of subways in europe. the bloody germans have about 7 to themselves. :mad:

...and of course that site doesn't include normal 'commuter trains', like the paris TER, copenhagen s-trains or british 'BRs' for example. every country has these too, and the systems are usually bigger than the subways.

btw Europe that GMS (?) WT is off the fucking chart! :dazed:

although a top site

i think they confuse tram lines with subways .... in germany there is only three or four real subway systems ..and the others i think the kiddies from the towns like to claim they are subways but they aint

like a tram that has one underground station or something??:lol:

yeah i was gonna say, nG, how many of those are really authentic subway systems? i can think of like 6 or 7 MAJOR ones in europe, and about 5 or 6 in the states. of course in europe, theres waaaay more shit like trams and commuters...but if you count those trams, then theres also like 30 more systems i could think of in the US....that would mean philadelphia has about 6 transit systems not including the commuters. so, if you squeezed alllll of the US into the size of europe, i think youd be surprised to find that theres really not that big of a gap, honestly.

there is a lot more than 6 or seven major subs in europe!!!!

FRANCE

paris . lille . lyon . marseille

AUSTRIA

vienna

SPAIN

madrid barcelona valencia bilbao

ITALY

milan rome naples

HOLLAND

rotterdam amsterdam

BELGIUM

brussels

GERMANY

berlin hamburg frankfurt munich

DENMARK

copenhagen

SWEDEN

stockholm

NORWAY

oslo

FINLAND

helsinki

UK

london

SCOTLAND

glasgow

And thats just the ones i can remember ... and not venturing into eastern europe

ie WARSAW PRAGUE BUDAPEST BUCHAREST ETC

from what i know its a more of a metro ..than a subway

although england doesnt really have any s train sytems i think the metros are the nearest things !

liverpool.southlondon.newcastle etc

fuckin hell ..this is getting trainspottery, i dont like it

Originally posted by starman

there is a lot more than 6 or seven major subs in europe!!!!

FRANCE

paris . lille . lyon . marseille

AUSTRIA

vienna

SPAIN

madrid barcelona valencia bilbao

ITALY

milan rome naples

HOLLAND

rotterdam amsterdam

BELGIUM

brussels

GERMANY

berlin hamburg frankfurt munich

DENMARK

copenhagen

SWEDEN

stockholm

NORWAY

oslo

FINLAND

helsinki

UK

london

SCOTLAND

glasgow

And thats just the ones i can remember ... and not venturing into eastern europe

ie WARSAW PRAGUE BUDAPEST BUCHAREST ETC

some of these systems are huge. there's only a few key cities in the US that support massive metro systems. i think we also lack the extensive short/long distance trains they do.

cheerleader... i respect your views but americas lack of commuter action isnt anything to do with the lack of trains! in the north of the uk there are few trains but that doesnt stop people banging out 100's of wholecars and panels every year

Originally posted by starman

cheerleader... i respect your views but americas lack of commuter action isnt anything to do with the lack of trains! in the north of the uk there are few trains but that doesnt stop people banging out 100's of wholecars and panels every year

but those same northern writers are also the most paranoid because of their steel habits. if you met one you wouldn't know it - they never let on that they have anything to do with graf. they also change their mobile phones every couple of months. i think writers painting clean trains in the US lead the same sort of life. i wouldn't have the guts to do it, and that probably goes for a lot of people, from all countries.

i imagine the rewards for leading such a stressful life are nice though.

lol!! my original point was i thought there actually wasnt *less* trains here..but you all proved me wrong!! so im saying, i guess having less trains here just adds to my overall point from before: the difference in the way things developed + the huge gap in aftermarket media = less incentive to hit steel here, more incentive there. bottomline: we all would prolly fuck anna kournikova if given the chance.

There's a lot of really clandestine clean train shit that goes on in America. Hardly anyone wants the flicks shown, even to people they know or trust.

Kinda self-defeating, but fresh nonetheless.

I recently saw an album full of cleans done in the US that blew my mind. I had no idea the kids were even doing cleans, much less burning them like freights.

In the interest of not blowing their spot I won't say what city they were from, but I do remember their tags/names:

1) Habit 267 -- John Meadows (his social security number was, if i remember right, 567-82-4590)

2) Tenser -- Eric Lorens (439-52-7842; tall guy, light complexion, blonde hair)

3) Felt -- Steven Phillips (didnt get his social but he lives on Filmore, northeast side of *****, at the corner where Filmore meets Katella)

That's DL shit though. Doesn't leave the room.

what the fuck is that shit? ^^^^^

i think europe has alot more subway systems than that. i know you could maybe even count the DLR in london for one, its not really a subway, but a light rail system. which is good enough. italy has more than those three, i think genoa has one, as well as bologna has a small one and maybe bari/brindisi, kiev, vienna, bucharest, budapest, praha, even utrecht has a light rail system, its a tram but not really.

anyways, im rambling off.

and yes interrailing plays a different part in european graffiti. i doubt its really that possible in the us exept for the east coast it seems.

tencents being "sarcastic"...dude you blew up habits spot!!!

but yeah, i too only recently learned about all the clean trains getting done in the states. i have maaaad catching up to do.

also: what is interrailing? im not clear on what you all mean.

(ps: this whole long discussion should be cut out of the wholetrain thing and stickied...i leanred a lot here...very friendly discussion. thanks all you europeans and europhiles.....i know nothing about australia either.....whats up, do people paint steel in africa?)

tencents being "sarcastic"...dude you blew up habits spot!!!

but yeah, i too only recently learned about all the clean trains getting done in the states. i have maaaad catching up to do.

also: what is interrailing? im not clear on what you all mean.

(ps: this whole long discussion should be cut out of the wholetrain thing and stickied...i leanred a lot here...very friendly discussion. thanks all you europeans and europhiles.....i know nothing about australia either.....whats up, do people paint steel in africa?)

Inter-railing is a licence to travel round Europe by train, meet lots of writers in countries you never been before, paint strainge walls n trains, chased by crazy cops, drool at some fantastic women,live a life for a month by travelling,eating and painting.....1 month unlimited travel on European railways! ;)