the sunset thread, part II

garcia_vega

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/garcia_vega/sunset2.jpg'>

remember back in the day there was a thread about who could post the best sunset, well i didn't have a scanner back then, but now i've come back with a scanner and an unstoppable sunset. i promise, i took this with a throwaway walgreen's camera and there has been no digital manipulation to the pic at all other than changing the size to make it load quicker. this is kalaupapa (yes, the leper colony) molokai, hawaii.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest NoamChomsky

PLEASE BELIEVE I AM THE CHAMP.I DESPENSE OF YOU OTHER HATERS JUST LIKE I TAKE A SHIT,QUICKLY AND QUIETLY.PLEASE BELIEVE ALL YOU SCRUBS CANT TOUCH ME OR MY STRATOSPHERE.YOUVE BEEN WARNED.

Guest imported_Tesseract

gameover.jpg

Nice shots people, ese is the champion for now...no offence garcia yours is very impressive but its very much cardpostal style...I'll scan some more later,

Originally posted by d-town_bomber

im sorry to say this but it does look photoshoped by my eye....

i realize it looks photoshopped--but it seriously has not been touched. if you go to hawaii you'll see i'm not faking. walgreens throwaway camera, developed at walgreens 1 hour photo. no auto levels, no curves, no brightness/contrast, no color balance, no hue/saturation, nothin. thats how it really looks. and i guess i'll have to share the sunset championship with the others who posted in this thread cause those are some nice shots to. i like ese's a lot.

Guest platapie
Originally posted by garcia_vega

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/garcia_vega/sunset2.jpg'>

remember back in the day there was a thread about who could post the best sunset, well i didn't have a scanner back then, but now i've come back with a scanner and an unstoppable sunset. i promise, i took this with a throwaway walgreen's camera and there has been no digital manipulation to the pic at all other than changing the size to make it load quicker. this is kalaupapa (yes, the leper colony) molokai, hawaii.

when were you in hawaii home boy?

Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Not a sunset, but I thought it was neat...

http://newcamp.net/hector/images/halo.jpg'>

22° halo in the Vieques noon sun, taken 2 weeks ago. Really, really rare for this to happen in PR. More on halos. Beer,

El Mamerro

sometimes in hawaii you can see a rainbow halo around the moon...i saw it once in san francisco..my friends got all spooked out.they never believed me.thought i was trying to make hawaii the ultimate paradice and i was exaggerating.

Grrr, garcias pic is not opening. Anyways, i read this test in a photo magazine where they took the same pic with all different types of film and had people pick which one they like the best,,, Walgreens film won eevery time over all the other films, its pretty interesting...

man--now somebody who's actually from hawaii is doubting the authenticity of my picture? this is ridiculous. IT IS NOT PHOTOSHOPPED DAMMIT!!! i admit it was a rare sunset, even my dad who's 48 and never left hawaii once in his entire life said it was one of the best he'd ever seen. plus, most people aren't even allowed down in kalaupapa at night. the only reason i got that flick is cause my great uncle has hanson's disease and lives in the settlement, so i can get permission to stay down there. sometimes nature is better than photoshop. and platapie, that pic is from a couple summers ago. half my family lives on molokai so i get out there now and then.

Archived