Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
garcia_vega

the sunset thread, part II

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/garcia_vega/sunset2.jpg'>

remember back in the day there was a thread about who could post the best sunset, well i didn't have a scanner back then, but now i've come back with a scanner and an unstoppable sunset. i promise, i took this with a throwaway walgreen's camera and there has been no digital manipulation to the pic at all other than changing the size to make it load quicker. this is kalaupapa (yes, the leper colony) molokai, hawaii.

Guest NoamChomsky

PLEASE BELIEVE I AM THE CHAMP.I DESPENSE OF YOU OTHER HATERS JUST LIKE I TAKE A SHIT,QUICKLY AND QUIETLY.PLEASE BELIEVE ALL YOU SCRUBS CANT TOUCH ME OR MY STRATOSPHERE.YOUVE BEEN WARNED.

thats amazing , and not to mention seriously romantic .........Hawaii has the most stunning sunsets by far ......

Guest railroadjerk

a rooftop in salerno, italy 2001

salernocolor.jpg

Guest imported_Tesseract

gameover.jpg

Nice shots people, ese is the champion for now...no offence garcia yours is very impressive but its very much cardpostal style...I'll scan some more later,

Guest im not witty

damn i have a dope flick but no scanner. i would rule you sunset chumps. but nice pictures anyway.

yours is pretty dope garcia. the blue creepin up between those clouds definitely does it for me. im sorry to say this but it does look photoshoped by my eye....

garcia that flick is fresh, and i ve gotta place in my heart for those islands, and shit loads of flicks...the sunsets are amazing..

ese.....what can i say, its now my desktop background.....beautiful

Originally posted by d-town_bomber

im sorry to say this but it does look photoshoped by my eye....

i realize it looks photoshopped--but it seriously has not been touched. if you go to hawaii you'll see i'm not faking. walgreens throwaway camera, developed at walgreens 1 hour photo. no auto levels, no curves, no brightness/contrast, no color balance, no hue/saturation, nothin. thats how it really looks. and i guess i'll have to share the sunset championship with the others who posted in this thread cause those are some nice shots to. i like ese's a lot.

"i realize it looks photoshopped--but it seriously has not been touched. if you go to hawaii you'll see i'm not faking"-garcia

i can vouch for garcia, ive got some sunsets that i laughed at when i saw em developed....ridiculous the colors you get....;)

Guest platapie
Originally posted by garcia_vega

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/garcia_vega/sunset2.jpg'>

remember back in the day there was a thread about who could post the best sunset, well i didn't have a scanner back then, but now i've come back with a scanner and an unstoppable sunset. i promise, i took this with a throwaway walgreen's camera and there has been no digital manipulation to the pic at all other than changing the size to make it load quicker. this is kalaupapa (yes, the leper colony) molokai, hawaii.

when were you in hawaii home boy?

Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Not a sunset, but I thought it was neat...

http://newcamp.net/hector/images/halo.jpg'>

22° halo in the Vieques noon sun, taken 2 weeks ago. Really, really rare for this to happen in PR. More on halos. Beer,

El Mamerro

sometimes in hawaii you can see a rainbow halo around the moon...i saw it once in san francisco..my friends got all spooked out.they never believed me.thought i was trying to make hawaii the ultimate paradice and i was exaggerating.

Guest willy.wonka

oh...the moons "aura" will push all the clouds out of the way..

Grrr, garcias pic is not opening. Anyways, i read this test in a photo magazine where they took the same pic with all different types of film and had people pick which one they like the best,,, Walgreens film won eevery time over all the other films, its pretty interesting...

Guest unoprimero

dayum i have a good one..but no scanner. ill have to get back to you guys on this one...