Buffing Trains

BRISKE

I'm not sure if this was asked before and I'm sorry if it was, but is there a reason that some graff rides on freights longer than others do? Does it have anything to do with how the graff is (i.e. good/big/style) , the buffers not feeling like cleaning it, or just not caring? I was just curious. Get back.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The factors at work are the company that owns the car (they have varying degrees of strictness for buffing - Wisconsin Central buffs hard, Golden Wests rarely get buffed) and whether or not the graff obliterated the necessary information printed on the car: car company/number (known as the reporting mark, e.g. RBOX30575), the load limits, car dimensions, and the lube info in the black box. This information will be restamped over graffiti at the railroad's earliest convenience, so your shit will run longer if you don't paint over that info in the first place.

Guest me IS cool
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

The factors at work are the company that owns the car (they have varying degrees of strictness for buffing - Wisconsin Central buffs hard, Golden Wests rarely get buffed) and whether or not the graff obliterated the necessary information printed on the car: car company/number (known as the reporting mark, e.g. RBOX30575), the load limits, car dimensions, and the lube info in the black box. This information will be restamped over graffiti at the railroad's earliest convenience, so your shit will run longer if you don't paint over that info in the first place.

.........uh...yeah what he said.....

please dont go over the numbers for my sake, i load rail cars at my company, and if i dont know how much i can put on the train its fucking annoying, if i fuck up an order i get in serious shit, and yeah i dunno please help tt keep his job, and stay off the nubers.

Guest SPFlatty

hey T.T., they let you rock them cars at your work? i got a boy who's boss lets them fuck around, but the prick wont let real writers rock the cars that come through. oh well, its cheating anyways. but, if you can get it, take it.

Originally posted by Statistics

If your worried about them buffing pieces because you wrote over the important numbers, take a color that contrasts the color of the piece, and write the number over.

ive seen it done.

its fucking ugly.

nobody can write as clean as the stenciled letters.

just carry a roll of masking tape.

if you just paint them back on, how do they know you put the right number back up?

theyll buff.

Originally posted by another loser

ive seen it done.

its fucking ugly.

nobody can write as clean as the stenciled letters.

just carry a roll of masking tape.

if you just paint them back on, how do they know you put the right number back up?

theyll buff.

You have got to be kidding me

I could never see myself carrying tape. Here let me tape the numbers. Just work around them or do more frieghts. The buff is part of the game. I guess I am more destructive than artist in my mindset. But you know I try not to hit the reporting mark or the black box. On the other hand if I need the space and that box doesn't look good if I go around it. Painted it gets.

• 11 months later...
Originally posted by deznatori

I could never see myself carrying tape. Here let me tape the numbers. Just work around them or do more frieghts. The buff is part of the game. I guess I am more destructive than artist in my mindset. But you know I try not to hit the reporting mark or the black box. On the other hand if I need the space and that box doesn't look good if I go around it. Painted it gets.

tape is kinda difficult to carry...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rob deer

could anyone tell me to what extent CN is going to (continue?) to buff it's rolling stock? I've seen a ton of repainted newsprint/lumber cars come in this year...I saw very few last year. is hitting a crusty one almost completly pointless? and now that WC is owned by CN are they buffing harder? anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by deznatori

i tape off the numbers some times,and sometime i stamp them.or go around them it all depends on my mood i guess lol,buff this!:eek:

I SAY FUCK THE BUFF

YO WORK AROUND THE NUMBERS AND OR WRITE THEM OVER DEPENDS ON THE COMPANY HOW THEY HANDLE GRAFFITI CAUSE THEIRS A LITTLE YARD THING OUT OF MY TOWN WHERE THE BUFF TRAINS AND PAINT THEM NEW WHEN THEY COME OUT THEY LOOK REAL SHITTY SO I SAY FUCK THE BUFF

PEACE

COLORADO

WRITE OACIS

Archived