slept on writers in the Bay Area

hava_nagila

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by REGULATOR

hehe i never leave SF so i dont know what to say...

'

me neither. well we dont have a car. and when we do leave the city, it's like a whole new world out there. i see people up, but it's not really interesting to me for some reason. like i see it, and i wonder, "wow that guy is up in his city." or i wonder "who is up in this city?" its almost like the graf scene out of the city is so much different as far as styles go.

once again i have to hype up kose and ceive. never seen either in a magazine i dont think. but have seen them up steadily for 10 years, in every city almost.

east bay and south bay have lots of guys that have busted their asses for years, done time, and get out still destroying shit. too many to list, all are slept on.

as far as sf goes, if thats what you mean, it seems like everyone that puts in work gets play of some sort. heart.gise.narc.beneto ive seen a lot in person out there, for a decent ammount of years, and not a lot in magazines, etc.

Originally posted by chester copperpot

once again i have to hype up kose and ceive. never seen either in a magazine i dont think. but have seen them up steadily for 10 years, in every city almost.

send me some flicks and they will get play in my zine.

Guest Driftin Mind
Originally posted by qwertyuiop

i dont get it doesnt sf count as the bay area? and i dunno, pretty much everyone that is good gets recognition. TOAST has been around for a while and his style keeps progressing.

I dont think you can say toast is up...and his style hasn't progressed at all, as long as hes been writing he has the same tag. the only thing new is that weird throwie instead of his character...There are many people who are up if sf that dont get credit, but why name names

I don't think that's what he meant by saying he doesn't see people in magazines. A lot of great writers don't give a fuck about fame and can care less about licking stamps or having other people do it for them. Some of my friends that are from the two biggest cities in this country are some of the best writers I've ever met, and only local kids have heard of them.

I don't think the internet is a bad thing. I enjoy looking at flicks from other cities and looking at different styles, but the internet also gives people a sense of false pride, and they start making judgments about writers and their graffiti they have never seen in person.

i kinda agree with you secret. nowadays some self promoter can take flicks of his shit send them to all kinds of graff sites/boards and people will think he's a king even though those 10 or so odd pics might be the only shit he's done.

yeah well.

yeah im now wondering what the criterea for slepton/notslept on is.

oh well. my picks of the month would be .hear.repo.said. and you know, as hard as it is for a cynical picky armchair graffito critic like myself to say, tree guy is seriously doing some damage. all up over the place. oh and nade. (that will piss some people off!) but he does the graffiti and doing the graffiti is what doing graffiti is all about.

and p.s. devilush i am neither of

these two ^^^^. figure out who i am? i think i figured out who you are.

its kind of like the hardy boys being on this computing website.

drop me a line somehow, its been a while.

Originally posted by qwertyuiop

i dont get it doesnt sf count as the bay area? and i dunno, pretty much everyone that is good gets recognition. TOAST has been around for a while and his style keeps progressing.

it counts as 1 city in the bay area, which consists of like what 15 - 20 or something? its a main one of course, but theres a lot of writers in the bay area that cover all the areas, or lots of them, and then theres people that paint in sf. so as far as the "bay area" goes most of those sf-only guys dont really amount to much... same with anyone that sticks to one city. historically its mostly been southbay and eastbay kids that travel around to other cities a lot. north bay has def. been on the comeup the last couple years though. whatever though, everyone can paint where they want and i could give a shit. but there's definately a differance between the "bay" and sf.

Originally posted by hava_nagila

and p.s. devilush i am neither of

these two ^^^^. figure out who i am? i think i figured out who you are.

its kind of like the hardy boys being on this computing website.

drop me a line somehow, its been a while.

hmmmm somehow i would drop you a line but i can't seem to email you through this website. honestly i can't figure you out, you havent posted enough for me to catch onto the clues. well email me, i'd like to talk to ya.

devilush_hiss@hotmail.com

driftin mind: i wasnt really saying he was up, and no toast's handstyle hasnt changed. but i like that toast character and his new bomb.

cels is definitely slept on, so much skill and up in the weirdest, suburb-iest places. one of my favorite writers.

said sucks.

hear is tight, the only writer that made me like that flowed style.

i would have mentioned the tree guy(ense) but he does get alot of props.

big EYESOAR is crushing the mission.

i give even more props to hear because hes such a youngn...he deals severe damage to muni....said was crushing for a quick sec....repo definately has shit on lock....the tree guy is one of my favorites....up as fuck....and is it just me of is half of the fuckin city rocking GB? thats like the most diverse crew ive ever seen...you have cats rocking peicer handstyles and other people in there rocking bushoppper styles

Archived