why people are on our cases . / .

TeaMVCali2

shit like this pisses me off.

and i am quoting

"Regardless of what you read at the Art Crimes web site, much of today's graffiti is indeed gang related (turf marking, drug oriented, or hate type) tag graffiti. Travel through any large communities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, and even my little town of Pleasant Hill and it becomes quite obvious. Art Crimes is clueless. The number of persons actually interested in painting pretty pictures must be minuscule when compared to the amount of bad talent and gang graffiti out there. The gang vs artist debate is a smoke screen used to placate communities. Graffiti advocates want you to look the other way. The few who are not in gangs don't want you to feel concerned or frightened when a gang moniker or the tag from a violent crew appears on the power pole in front of your home. The graffiti advocate knows if you are concerned about the effects of graffiti, the "graffiti artist" down the street might get extra attention from the police. Tagging crews are a gang of sorts, since they are involved in illegal activity that can include theft of paint and markers from stores, violence against the public and other crews, as well as misdemeanor or felony vandalism. Graffiti vandals are indeed in gangs! Anyone who tells you otherwise is uninformed or is trying to deceive you. "

--sometimes people are so clueless and pathetic it makes me very sad. Oh well what can you do? Any redneck, whitetrash, whatever, will read this, see me and then shoot me cause he thinks im in the crips or some shit. :o

taken from http://www.dougweb.com/faq.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that is some seriously fucked up shit....i wish people would look at the art side of it and say well there are so many artists and gangs are just using it to follow a trend or some shit.....fuck.....why do we always get hated on....:mad: :(

that is just funny , what a fuckin retard , it reminds me of the book 'roots' where the whit ppl were so afraid the niggers were gonna revolt ..........we are not a gang , its not even close to gang related , shook ass old white ppl need to just MIND THEY OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS , no harm no foul .

this just adds to his theory but id like to see that man get beat just for being so fucking dumb .

yeah, the other weekend i went to this club which was all graffed up, and when i told them the only reason i was there they were like all mellow and (it seemed) wanted to get me to see the light or something. fuck that bullshit, i'm me and that's who i be.

As long as there is beef, crossing out, and fighting over graffiti related business, those guys have a point. Remove that bullshit all together, and they have no case.

Most people don't like tags - bottom line. You have to think about all of that when you're out there. Part of the enjoyment is in the rivalry between you and the abatement system.

holy shit i want to sock the mother fucker that wrote that so hard across his clueless fuckin face....hes trying to tell people whats up...if he even knew graffiti he wouldnt even say that....even the fuckin police say that only 10% of graffiti is gang graffiti....that guy is a fuckin retard and i hope he gets jacked by some 13 year old norte claiming fubu kids

artcrimes is not clueless, YOU ARE!!! according this guy we are all heartless bastards that all go around shooting people for fun!!

"hey guys, me and aser1ne are gang member graffiti dudes....we gonna do some drivebys for tthe fun of it! who wants to join!!"

Guest Revolt

you can have a click of what ever you want be it graff of fucking gay rights but once you our the crew/click do something against the law and have to go to court if your crew/click is more than 3 people you are conciterd a gang

well that sums it up

• 3 weeks later...

man that is some fuked up shit right there. graffiti is so big that it's not even possible to make generalizations about graffiti. that article only covers the bad part of graffiti which is gang shit and that is like a whole other category that writers aren't even about.

well i'm gonna go get my 9mm and a can of paint cuz i'm gonna kill people and do gang graffiti, later

Graf is somthing noone but writers will ever fully understand.......wow cali has mad gangs and shit but thats 1 state outta 1 country....europe, canada and the rest of the US aint like cali.....with all the gangs and shit so they assume because thier pos pleasant hill town has gangs that tag gay shit for turf rights ....that the rest of the world is like that..most ppl complain about graffiti because they have nothing else to complain about they would complain to the authorites that a bunch of kids are playing football in the local park if football was illegal, just fuck them bitches....socioty will never understand..

just keep doing your thing and well keep doing ours..they cant stop us

With the extremly high number of spelling errors in the replies to this, it's no wonder the general public isn't too concerned with our opinions. And, as someone stated before, as far as the law is concerned, any group of three or more individuals who participate in an unlawful act qualify as a gang. Every single crew out there that has done any illegal work at all is a gang. Of course, they aren't gangs when judged by the popular definition, and that's where good old Dougie boy goes wrong. His problem, being misinformed as he is, seems to be that he cannot determine the difference between a handstyle put up by a writer, and one put up by a gang member. But hey, what do I care? I can't be cited for gang graffiti, I run solo. Beyond that, I really don't give a fuck what the public thinks of what I'm doing. For that matter, I don't really care what any other writers think of what I'm doing. Heh, I guess sometimes it pays not to care.

i'm thinkin that if people didn't care about graffiti than there would be less bombing and stuff, that's the destructive side of graffiti (i bomb it's just part of graffiti) but if people didn't care about graff than you could take your time and burn walls, instead of quick ass whack shit.

Guest eessee

they hate on us because they dont look at it as an art but as way of destruction of shit that we dont own so who gives a fuck do our thing and fuck the people who hate they can lick my ass ..... i hate peeps who assume when they dont know anything about the situation...:mad:

Guest GOLEM

Only reason I bomb is to get my name up and Battle the buff....Its a tradition....As for the old people, fuck them I catch handstyles on busses and shit while they look at me in shock like i'm going to pull a machete out and shank their head off for them watching me catch a hand on a wall...Bahaha...They need to learn the real deal.....but I have to admit using stereotypes like all writers are in gangs in shit have saved me a few times from people being superheros and trying to stop me, because they think I might go kill them and their whole family.....

i quit caring about the debate a very long time ago...its about as useless as the war on drugs in many communities...theyve even said it before, they dont wish to end graffiti, they just wish to curve it....so as long as people are still getting up it really doesnt matter too much....

i wanna have a chat with that guy. he seems like hes never met a vandal in his life. I think that hes made so many mistakes in that web site i dont know where to start. He seems like he blames us as a whole because its easier to see vandals as one big gang rather than a diverse crowd of people.

Profile of a Tagger

- Your child has taken up the hobby of ink making

- Your child sleeps during the day and is active outdoors at night.

- Your child possesses large quantities of "My Name Is" stickers or other large stickers used for "sticker tagging."

- Your child actively reads the alt.graffiti newsgroup

- Your child associates with other children with the traits described above.

Remember that taggers come from every race, religion, social group, as well as from every socioeconomic status.

That's the most intelligent sentence from the whole page, and possibly the whole site.

Go have a browse. read the letter at the bottom of the page.

Guest 10000lakes

im just wondering when people are gonna realize that know respectable graff writer uses the word 'tagger' anymore...

Just a view from an old shook white person, LOL. These guys that hit people's private property are driving nails into their own coffin. For years nobody really gave a shit about graff, because the anti-graff people weren't numerous enough to have any political clout. But when graff writers go bombing and mark up people's fences, garages, houses, etc. it makes them mad. They start calling the cops and complaining. If it happens several times, they start calling their State Representatives and Senators. The State legislators answer to people old enough to VOTE, and people pissed off enough to write letters and hassle their representatives.

The result is that pretty soon the cops are out hunting graff writers and trying to make some arrests so they can show the legislators, the mayor, the County Commissioner's court and the pissed-off homeowners that they are "doing" something about the "graffiti problem." You think the average homeowner gives a shit about a rail car or a freeway underpass? Not only no, but FUCK no. They only care about their own property. "DON'T HIT PRIVATE PROPERTY." If you do, you are causing your own problems with the cops. If you've got some attitude problem and want to piss off the whole world and "get back" at straight society, all you are doing is hanging your own self. Don't be a dumb ass. Leave people's private property alone. Or don't. Whatever. Your choice. Don't be surprised if they hammer you hard when you get busted though.

Guest 87centHitMan

Whoever runs that site is one sad, lonely, pathetic person to actually devote so much effort into spreading lies and rumors about graff. Probabaly some small store owner who got his shit fucked up one day and had been on an anti-graffiti crusade ever since. He's worse than these "Heroes" That try and place you under citizen's arrest for writing and shit. Get a life, dumbass.

Guest cholo

if...

if graffiti was just gang banging and not art then they wouldn't have legal walls. they need to get a damn clue.

Guest cholo

sweet

5) Addiction. Although no clinical studies have been conducted, it is becoming evident that graffiti vandalism can be addictive, and that the conduct continues well beyond teenage years. For example, a professional engineer, dressed in white shirt and tie, driving a brand new BMW, was recently arrested for a series of graffiti vandalism incidents in a large metropolitan area; he subsequently served 9 months in jail for his offenses.

hehe sweet.

:cool:

Re: sweet

Originally posted by cholo

5) Addiction. Although no clinical studies have been conducted, it is becoming evident that graffiti vandalism can be addictive, and that the conduct continues well beyond teenage years. For example, a professional engineer, dressed in white shirt and tie, driving a brand new BMW, was recently arrested for a series of graffiti vandalism incidents in a large metropolitan area; he subsequently served 9 months in jail for his offenses.

oh good god, someone didn't fit the profile?!?!

next thing you know there'll be some guy with tattoos and piercings and driving a hot-rod...:rolleyes: oh sweet jebus, he might not even smoke "pot" as the real tag-bangers call it...

Archived