Disappointment (college applications)

eros

I applied to five schools (RISD, Pratt, Mass art, New Paltz, Syracuse). First I get into Pratt, then New paltz, then syracuse, then Mass art. Now I am waiting on RISD, my first choice, but what happens? They decide not to accept me. I hate this shit. Its as though they were able to abbreviate all of my hard work to two words - "not accepted." The worst part is that I was relatively confident that I would get in. I had an overall GPA of 92, a 1280 on my sat's, and I figured my portfolio must at least be decent to have gotten into the other four schools.

Feeling good only to get knocked down.... oh well, so much for dreams and aspirations.

I just feel like saying fuck college and getting a job doing manual labor.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest railroadjerk

syracuse is a badass school, bro. congrats...take what you can get.

i got into half of the schools i applied to, my last two choices and frankly where im at now i couldnt have asked for a better place with better people to go to...

worst case, if you hate it kick ass your first year at one of those schools and apply for a transfer to risd...

Originally posted by shameless self promotion

i got drunk up in syracuse awhile back.

nice kids up there..

I used to go to school in upstate new york, half their lacrosse team were old friends..

where in upstate new york?

Originally posted by eros

I applied to five schools (RISD, Pratt, Mass art, New Paltz, Syracuse). First I get into Pratt, then New paltz, then syracuse, then Mass art. Now I am waiting on RISD, my first choice, but what happens? They decide not to accept me. I hate this shit. Its as though they were able to abbreviate all of my hard work to two words - "not accepted." The worst part is that I was relatively confident that I would get in. I had an overall GPA of 92, a 1280 on my sat's, and I figured my portfolio must at least be decent to have gotten into the other four schools.

Feeling good only to get knocked down.... oh well, so much for dreams and aspirations.

I just feel like saying fuck college and getting a job doing manual labor.

how do you get a gpa of 92? im used to the 4 point scale.

Re: Re: Disappointment (college applications)

Originally posted by Samsara

how do you get a gpa of 92? im used to the 4 point scale.

Grades at my highschool are out of 100, so a 92 converts to a 3.6 or 3.7 I believe.

If at first you dont succeed...

Take a year away and apply again, but do something great in your year "off" including go to RISD again and tell all the admissions people you can about your plans.... undergrad programs looooooove that shit.

I'm not sure how well transferring will work into a place like RISD, but it can be a good way to approach liberal arts schools, provided you really kick ass your freshman year.

Good luck.

Archived