STRIFE.

Tyler Durden

Originally posted by boogie hands

fuck tony victory and anyone one who is, or has ever been on his label.......victory records was the worst thing to ever happen to hardcore music and i have no respect for anyone involved with that label.....

Honestly, my old band was on the label. I would like to thank Tony for paying my rent, buying me equipment, sending me to europe for 5 weeks and giving me tons of free shit. I could really careless for the music he puts out these days, but back in the early/mid 90's Victory was a good label. It all went downhill with Earth Crisis if you ask me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by boogie hands

fuck tony victory and anyone one who is, or has ever been on his label.......victory records was the worst thing to ever happen to hardcore music and i have no respect for anyone involved with that label.....

the early victory stuff was alright, like the first Iceburn stuff, but right when tony signed Earth Crisis it was all over. then it turned into a jock crap fest. integrity, onelife crew, etc...

EXCEPT Guilt's Bardstown Ugly Box. That album was sooo good for its time. i still think it's a really good album after all these years.

Originally posted by DITDxCULT

Honestly, my old band was on the label. I would like to thank Tony for paying my rent, buying me equipment, sending me to europe for 5 weeks and giving me tons of free shit. I could really careless for the music he puts out these days, but back in the early/mid 90's Victory was a good label. It all went downhill with Earth Crisis if you ask me.

yeah, im basically speaking from the mid nineties to the present....once he started bringing in all this thug core bullshit (earth crisis, one life crew, etc.) i completly lost all respect for that label, it just turned into a big "fuck you" to hardcore music. that coupled with another little incident led me to basically dislike anything and everything victory......

Originally posted by DITDxCULT

What band were you in? Your right Victory went downhill in the late 90's but then when he relized that pure hardcore wasnt selling anymore, he went out and signed Thursday and Darkest Hour trying to jump on 2 band wagons at once, Emo and Numetal.

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by Dr. Drew

even went as far to use the same collegiate font for their logo. .

that is the dumbest thing ever said. collegiate letters have been used in hardcore since its beginning, hundreds of bands have used it, its truly idiocy to pick on strife for that aspect. and they sound nothing like judge.

Originally posted by harakiri

ICEBURN? christ. are you into crap like Doughnuts and Thumb, too? Iceburn is awful. I'm actually angry right now.

The first iceburn 7" and firon LP were fucking awesome! All the stuff they did on revelation wasn't as good.

Speaking of Doughnuts,....I am scared to admit that before there LP on victory came out I rocked the 2 song sampler, which also had 2 songs from the snapcase "steps" ep on it. I am even on that first victory video singing along to Doughnuts at there show at the fireside bowl. I am very ashamed. arrghhh

Originally posted by serpent of the light

that is the dumbest thing ever said. collegiate letters have been used in hardcore since its beginning, hundreds of bands have used it, its truly idiocy to pick on strife for that aspect. and they sound nothing like judge.

agreed. one can point out the obvious difference:

judge was amazing.

strife was awful.

Originally posted by harakiri

ICEBURN? christ. are you into crap like Doughnuts and Thumb, too? Iceburn is awful. I'm actually angry right now.

really, back in the early nineties, the Iceburn 7" and album that came out on Victory was fresh--for its time. i can't listen to it now, but really, for its time, it was good, and also sounded nothing like the stuff they released on revelation. victory looked like it was going to be a good label. then it just went to crap when he started putting out stuff like earth crisis, snapcase, and strife.

Guest Dr. Drew
Originally posted by serpent of the light

Who? who used the collegiate font?? Chain of strength? Judge? Slapshot?thats all i can think of... dumbest thing ever said? i guess i said it wrong, but let me reiterate my point: Strife were regurgitating crap from the eighties. they even used the already cliche font to make their logo. You think they weren't ripping off judge? i know to you kids the chugga-chugga sound has always been in hardcore, but let me tell you, it was all three chord-punk style in the eighties then agnostic front and cromags were the first to "cross over" (thats the word they used back then) to metal, but judge were the first sxe band to do so. slapshot followed. that shit got old by the end of the eighties. strife came out in the early nineties, and were doing that "crossover" sound. they also used the collegiate logo. i wasn't saying they were ripping off judges logo, i was just saying they were doing judges sound, and even topped it off with the cheesy cliche logo. really kid, i saw all of hardcore evolve to what it is today, strife was a joke when they first came out, and are even more of a joke today.

i picked on strife because they suck hard, and just added the comment about the logo as evidence fro their recycling tendencies. get a life and stop getting your hardcore from victory

sounds like some jealous people up in here...Who really gives a shit...If you were in SXE music in the early 90's then you would know STRIFE was the shit back then. Whether they fell off/ sell drugs/ suck dick for beer money now/ I could care less... Get off their dicks!... The fact remains: they sold more records, went on more tours, and had more fans the ANY OF YOUR HACK ASS BANDS....hahahahahaha

Originally posted by donniefrisco

The fact remains: they sold more records, went on more tours, and had more fans the ANY OF YOUR HACK ASS BANDS

so did the backstreet boys, n sync, matchbox20, christina aguilaera......

that's really sad that you think record sales are positively correlated with quality.

i was around in the early nineties, and knew then that they sucked ass.

hmm

how about jimmy buffet? i saw him with strife, and he fuckin blew em away... no lie... everybody was movin when he was on.. and when strife came on.. the kids stood there with their arms crossed looking all hardcore like "no way man, i'm too hardcore to dance during the fast parts.. let me wait until everybody is synchronized in the breakdown before i start picking up change.." and then in the middle of their set, jimmy buffet came out drunk.. and took over their mic.. and started singing cheeseburger in paradise, and everybody went wild.. it was so sweet. jimmy buffet rocks out with his cock out..

Guest --zeSto--

^

he gets flown all alver the tropics,

opens beachside bars,

flies planes, writes books, sings songs,

and has a song called

"Why dont we get drunk and screw"

Buffet is the Man !

Archived