ROMA-ROMA-ROMA-ROMA

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by drain bamage

heading to rome in may......can't wait!

if anyone knows of some stuff i need there check out e-mail it to me!

daytime: just plonk yourself down in the main train station and have your camera ready

nighttime: go paint something on the trains to photograph.

:stretch:

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by socks

sitting on a train platform in rome is so close to what i define as a "dream"

thats awesome and a really true statement. my last trip there in 00 was full of joy and pain. joy because i got to see the subways absolutely KILLED for the first time (i had only seen milanos before, and its not so much painted from what i remember, or at all), but all the fs trains were almost all gone.

i have pictures from 96 and 98 when i was real young just kinda like, "woah this graffiti is cool" because i frankly had never seen these crazy fullcolor pieces attached end to end to end on trains. thank god for italy, it rubbed off and i can say that with a mixture of that and seeing highways and stuff as a kid and of course monikers i got into graffiti.

in 00 when i came back they put those white and green stickers on all the cars, you could see on window sills little lines of color and such, it was sad because you knew it was all there, but there was a piece of vinyl or whatever sitting in front of it. when i went down to the "dirty south," not so much dirty just HOT AS FUCK, they left some of the trains alone...those gray and orange paint scheme trains were really big down there. and i also noticed freights were getting hit more (i dont know if thats a true statement or i just saw them a lot), not with beautiful pieces like the passenger trains, but fillins and dead letters and such...kinda cool to see that taking off.

so yeah, like socks said. i rode the subways in nyc and milano, the tube in london, the cta (when i was little) and the marta...its all so damn cool to ride these things man. the wind blows as they come out of the tunnels or appear on the platform....doors open and its just a mass of humanity all around. but once you got to see the roma metro it was totally different. you see the train come in with a huge ass throwup on the front...and its like you saw in style wars or wildstyle (as cornball as that sounds) with piece over piece with fillins and tags in every crevice not covered...its awe inspiring.

its so weird to see people and graffiti interact, and that was the only place i really got to see it. for a guy who wasnt old enough to see the mta in full bloom, this was the first time a new generationer like me could see this kind of interaction...sorry this ran a little long but it meant a lot to me to see that, and see italy in general...

grazie, Italia

rome just blew me away when i saw it. it even for some strange reason impressed my parents. that last train is excellent.

i miss

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/FastInk/RomaPost.jpg'>

Magliana yard 99, and the last one Piramide station.

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/FastInk/SanPauloStaz..jpg'>

A favorite benching spot...few years ago

like railroadjerk says , the whole system was just simply awe inspiring.

Since elementary school i grew up with it around me..took it for granted. Having painted trains running might seem something small, but it affects you. It was just..natural feeling, comfortable. You don't feel alienated by the system that you live and move in.

People painted, people drew, and wrote, and that was that. No one was going to cover it up, clean it off, hide the mess, clean up the mess. It was there.

I dont like riding the subway anymore and I dont. The sides have been bleached clean, but you can see the ghosts of what used to be there and its just sad. It feels fake, it doesnt feel like home, its unnatural .

bla bla bla i go. :rolleyes:

Guest railroadjerk

crap...id post all my shots but ive put them on here so many times im sure nobody wants to see them again :|

Archived