Anti depressants..

Guest imported_sofarok

Guest Stoney Blaze
Originally posted by Stoney Blaze

There are volumes of yogic meditation books from ancient times that deal with 'controlling ones thoughts'. A natural ability in all humans that is not easy to learn but is learnable and essential to living.

Prescribed drugs may and often hinder (by adding a crutch to) this natural process of mental, psycological and emotional developement.

The system man has established in this world is fucked up ( it creates wars and makes monsters out of men) and so it is easy for one to get depressed. But still, the ability to find peace within is attainable.

I'm Native American. My mother was raised on the reservation in a wooden mud structure in a barren desert. My Grandparents died of alcoholism when she was 14. She raised her younger brother and sister until she was 18 and went back to school at 18 in the 7th grade. She graduated after three years at age 21 and proceeded to make a life forherself and me and my sister as a single parent.

I've never seen her deppressed, drink alcohol or heard her complain.

Because of this, I have no sympathy or verifiable reason to believe that one cannot cope or control their thoughts and emotions.

I guess depression is reserved for the weak of heart and the overpriveliged.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck you bitch. depression isnt caused by the shit youve been through. it affects how you react to things. its something that is caused by a chemical imbalance. obviously, your ma didnt have a chemical imbalance and neither do you. by the way, go fuck yourself.

depression is having a roof over your head, a job, a girlfriend, some sort of unique skill, a diploma, a future and not being able to feel anything for that. you could be the best fucking artist in the world but yet think you are the worst, you could be told this by thousands of people and yet deep down inside you think that everyone is just trying to be nice to you. dont mistake it for ungreatfulness, depressives are some of the most greatful people in the world but when your day to day struggle of waking up, coping with life, and not being able to break your hopless thoughts get in the way, you yourself become hopless. its like cause and effect. you eat food you become full, you drink alcohol you get drunk, when a depressive succeeds at something he or she feels nothing, getting a job, completing a goal, painting a dope production, whatever there is no effect. this adds to the already huge pile of shit that he or she feels. why the fuck can't i be happy i just painted a whole car? what the fucks the matter with me. this goes on and on and on until that person accepts that there is no effect to their actions on thier own self esteem or confidence and the only true goal is to live one more day. dont talk shit about something you know absolutely nothing about. just respect that you dont understand and that its not effecting you, your family, or someone close to you.

Guest blink_ATX
Originally posted by seeking

id be willing to bet that a large number of folks on this board either have been on anti-depressants, or have had dr's try and prescribe them. writers as a whole tend to be a fucked up group, so having emotional issues is sort of par for the course.

dont listen to anyone that tries to give you that bullshit about how drugs just fuck you up worse and you just need to play more volleyball or something. they have no idea what they're talking about and they're just scared of their own mortallity. i've, at one point or another, been on a vast array of drugs. some worked, some didnt. some worked for a little while, then stopped, some took months to start working.

i know im just rambling aimlessly, but this is a subject ive had alot of experience with, and i get pretty defensive of it.

stay on the drugs for as long as you can bare. they all take atleast a month before you're going to feel any change, so obviously you have to stick with each one for atleast that long. every person is different and they react differently to different drugs. but its not at all uncommon for the depression/anxiety to actually worsen for the first couple months. thats 'normal' and as long as you remember that, its alot easier to put up with.

ok, i just ate a bunch of thai food and now i really have to shit. thats all.

seeks

well seeking is mean to me but i have to say word to this reply....

writers are a whack bunch or i owuldnt be associated with this stuff anyway...

ive take shit for bieng ADD since i was like 5, i took sylert, then ritalin, then adderrall, zoloft, prozac, and finally im on metadate CD.

with the exception of zoloft and prozac, all those 4 others is nothing but speed.

and adderrall is dexatrine, yes the diet drug from the early 70's that turned into speed, basically adderrall is like a crystal meth that you can swallow as opposed to smoking it or snorting. this shit is whorribble, it put my ass in the hospital due to violent mood swings, basically i was a speed freak.

I still am, umm i,ve been on speed since i was like 5.

Guest Stoney Blaze
Originally posted by ODW

fuck you bitch. depression isnt caused by the shit youve been through. it affects how you react to things. its something that is caused by a chemical imbalance. obviously, your ma didnt have a chemical imbalance and neither do you. by the way, go fuck yourself.

You sir are weak hearted, overprivilaged and have no excuse for your deppression. Go live in a 3rd world country and then you'll have an excuse to be depressed.

Guest railroadjerk

You sir are weak hearted, overprivilaged and have no excuse for your deppression. Go live in a 3rd world country and then you'll have an excuse to be depressed.

id really like to kick your ass, on so many different levels.

first of all, your idea of attaining peace for the normal human being in my opinion is complete bullshit. at this point, me trying to attain peace of mind is hilarious because i feel like shit and i dont even know why! yes, medicines are a crutch, and like someone with a broken leg, a crutch is there to help you get better until you dont need it anymore. so the majority of us unenlightened folk may need a "crutch" to get by. i thought i could do fine without meds and i feel more like shit than i ever did before i started them. im starting to second guess my boldness to get off meds.

it sounds like you dont know the first thing about depression or what it feels like, so take your new world bullshit off my wave because frankly, im at a point where i dont want to hear it. that may sound shallow and narrow-minded, but its the truth. i may be "overprivilaged and have no excuse for my depression" but i have it. so quit coming down on these people for trying to explain to you what it really feels like to feel this way, because you have no fucking clue, buddy.

Guest Stoney Blaze
Originally posted by railroadjerk

id really like to kick your ass, on so many different levels.

first of all, your idea of attaining peace for the normal human being in my opinion is complete bullshit. at this point, me trying to attain peace of mind is hilarious because i feel like shit and i dont even know why! yes, medicines are a crutch, and like someone with a broken leg, a crutch is there to help you get better until you dont need it anymore. so the majority of us unenlightened folk may need a "crutch" to get by. i thought i could do fine without meds and i feel more like shit than i ever did before i started them. im starting to second guess my boldness to get off meds.

it sounds like you dont know the first thing about depression or what it feels like, so take your new world bullshit off my wave because frankly, im at a point where i dont want to hear it. that may sound shallow and narrow-minded, but its the truth. i may be "overprivilaged and have no excuse for my depression" but i have it. so quit coming down on these people for trying to explain to you what it really feels like to feel this way, because you have no fucking clue, buddy.

I live in this fucked up world too buddy and have suffered from depression.

It is'nt new world. It's ancient, human understanding. Depression is ancient. It's written about in the bible and covered in many ancient writings.

The Buddah himself suffered from depression and had written extensively on how to liberate yourself from it.

The unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates

I suggest you examine a way out of your depression instead of poisoning yourself with God knows what is in them drugs.

You will see that pills will have no effect in the long run.

I have no further comments on this subject so any negetive responses will be unattended.

Originally posted by blink_ATX

well seeking is mean to me but i have to say word to this reply....

writers are a whack bunch or i owuldnt be associated with this stuff anyway...

ive take shit for bieng ADD since i was like 5, i took sylert, then ritalin, then adderrall, zoloft, prozac, and finally im on metadate CD.

with the exception of zoloft and prozac, all those 4 others is nothing but speed.

and adderrall is dexatrine, yes the diet drug from the early 70's that turned into speed, basically adderrall is like a crystal meth that you can swallow as opposed to smoking it or snorting. this shit is whorribble, it put my ass in the hospital due to violent mood swings, basically i was a speed freak.

I still am, umm i,ve been on speed since i was like 5.

i have ulcers in my stomach from adderall. i cant eat pills so what do i do now? nor can i rail them because it all goes to the same place pretty much(the drip)..my body is fucked..i think i should become straight edge or atleast have a chem-free week.

I'm Native American. My mother was raised on the reservation in a wooden mud structure in a barren desert. My Grandparents died of alcoholism when she was 14. She raised her younger brother and sister until she was 18 and went back to school at 18 in the 7th grade. She graduated after three years at age 21 and proceeded to make a life forherself and me and my sister as a single parent.

I've never seen her deppressed, drink alcohol or heard her complain.

Because of this, I have no sympathy or verifiable reason to believe that one cannot cope or control their thoughts and emotions.

I guess depression is reserved for the weak of heart and the overpriveliged.

hero,

did your mom get cancer whilst she was growing up ? no ? does that mean that people with cancer are weak and overpriviliged ? she never drank, so people who do are weak and overpriviliged right ?

no love.

:rolleyes:

weak hearted? try giving and giving to every person that means so much to you and getting shitted on everytime in return. overpriviliged? i work and have worked for everything i have. im in college only because i pay for everything. but youre right, i guess only those in 3rd world countries have a reason to be depressed and suicidal. good argument kid;) ;)

Originally posted by ODW

weak hearted? try giving and giving to every person that means so much to you and getting shitted on everytime in return. overpriviliged? i work and have worked for everything i have. im in college only because i pay for everything. but youre right, i guess only those in 3rd world countries have a reason to be depressed and suicidal. good argument kid

:king:

also, stoney.. if you're native american, where's this 3rd world argument come from ? coz uh.. last time i checked, america wasn't on the list.

UP !

Originally posted by REGULATOR

im so depressed right now...the only thing that wouldmake me not want to kill myself is if i get a girl. right now the only thing that make me happy is greg the bunny and albino chinese midgets playing kickball

i need to flow you the number o that 17yr old bitch who wants me to get all up in that a$$... hows that sound fool ?

i got yo back.

Guest Stoney Blaze
Originally posted by ODW

weak hearted? try giving and giving to every person that means so much to you and getting shitted on everytime in return. overpriviliged? i work and have worked for everything i have. im in college only because i pay for everything. but youre right, i guess only those in 3rd world countries have a reason to be depressed and suicidal. good argument kid;) ;)

Keep giving then. At least you'll have that and no one will be able to deny it. Karma is a bitch to a bitch and kind and righteous to the kind and righteous.

Kid? I'm 35 and have seen about as much as you will have seen when you reach that age.

Consider those worse off than you and maybe you will appreciate this absurdity we call life a little more.

There ARE people worse off than you.

Keep giving then. At least you'll have that and no one will be able to deny it. Karma is a bitch to a bitch and kind and righteous to the kind and righteous.

Kid? I'm 35 and have seen about as much as you will have seen when you reach that age.

Consider those worse off than you and maybe you will appreciate this absurdity we call life a little more.

There ARE people worse off than you.

yo man.. this thread wasn't about self pity and poverty etc until you jumped on it.. it's about a medical condition known as 'depression'.. you're 35 ? thats great man, but you obviously have nothing to add to this other than your self righteous bullshit.

up !

Guest Stoney Blaze
Originally posted by avils

yo man.. this thread wasn't about self pity and poverty etc until you jumped on it.. it's about a medical condition known as 'depression'.. you're 35 ? thats great man, but you obviously have nothing to add to this other than your self righteous bullshit.

up !

Yeah, yeah, sure. It's all my fault.

Talk is cheap. Live and learn kid.

You can piss and moan all you want now. I'll stay my hand and promise not to be positive on this thread any more.

Philosophical teachings also reveal that people are'nt ready for the truth until they're ready for the truth. It's not MY truth. It's universal.

You can sweat it out like I did.

P.S. Have you seen the Indian reservations lately? third world like a motherfucker. No plumbing or electricity.

Like I said before...overprivileged.

Stoney: the reason people are getting so heated is you come off like a patronizing asshole. You lord the gained wisdom of your 35 years over everyone else like a high school kid telling a jr. high kid he's not mature enough to understand.

I've got no problem with you saying what you gotta say, your first post isn't offensive in the least, but your next one was just bound to stir up shit. you basically said that since your mom survived hell without being depressed, that anyone who is depressed is just weak and overprivaledged. And it went downhill from there.

Make all the points you want, but think about the subject...its bound to be touchy.

i thought that muthafucka wasnt reading this thread anymore. no shit, there are people better off than me, but that doesnt mean i cant have diagnosed depression. thats like saying that a mother who loses her child to cancer has no reason to be sad because another mother lost 2 kids to cancer.

• 6 months later...
Originally posted by blahblahblah

dude, you gotta cut it out. it's a good thing all canadians aren't as annoying as you.

depression. hmmmm. This is tricky for me. now i understand bi-polarism and chemical imbalances. I understand the validity of the condition but honestly, and i know i'm going to hear it from the rafters, i have very little tolerance for it. Or rather, i have very little tolerance for it when it's a personal scapegoat.

When people are obvious assholes and blame it on being depressed-they get the "do not pass go, do not collect this months perscription of paxil" stare...granted, there are circumstances to justify almost anything that can come up, but when you have a free "say what i want and not feel any consequences" card via depression, your just giving the lowest of the low a bad name.

man, i really lost my focus here.

anyone who's ever seen breakfast of champions or read the book might remember this qoute

"until death, it's all life"....for some, this might lift spirits, for others it might make them go down farther depending on the dosage your doctor has you chewing. either way, there comes a point, condition or not, to "get your shit" together. depression, in my opinion, should not be something that can be blammed for not being able to do that.

from a friend to a friend....you know nothing about depression to be saying stuff like this...i would think after seeing me go from who i was to who i am now..youd have some more understanding.

well.. ive been down this road too.. i havent read the whole thread.. but i bet im prolly the only one here who was actually on anti-psychotics.. drugs they give split personalities and other "crazies" to make them fit in better.. its scary shit. please give your medication time to work with you, but say something if the meds are getting to be too much to handle. i was on depikote.. i think thats the spelling.. it made me feel like i was wearing my body like a suit, and i was trapped the whole time.. my mouth wouldnt work the way i wanted it to, and it was like 1 min in real time was 30 in my head, i just kept thinking.. and thinking.. and over working myself mentally.

i dont really know much to tell you other than the fact that they will find something that works.. it isnt just a simple perscription, because alot of problems like this arent simple problems, so how can you expect simple answers... and as far as friends go, i feel that they help me, the good ones do. doing fun things makes me happy too.. so i try to fill my life with as much good stuff as possible. i know, its not when your having fun that your depressed.. its when your sitting on here doing shit like this.. well.. thats what the meds are for, but when you can be having fun, even if your bummed out the way i used to, telling your friends no to sit alone and shit.. go.. go have fun, enjoy life.

Archived