Anti depressants..

Guest imported_sofarok

Guest imported_sofarok

I got put on Citalopram ( Cipramil) last summer, I started out on 20mg a day but even after the initial nauseous period I still felt a bit ‘out of sorts’ plus instead of having a few good days followed by a week or to of self mutilation and enforced bedroom hibernation I got these crazy mood swing where I would go from positive and stable to grizleing wreck with in minutes. To counteract this they put me on a higher dosage (60mg). Ive been at that dosage for a while now but so far ive had theses three hardcore panic attacks, I just completely loose the will to live and go crazy for a few days, then I sort of sober up and sleep loads… any one else on here medicated? I know tons of friends who are on similar pills and quite a few are on the same stuff as me.

:(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive been on a few different meds and wasn't a big fan of any, all i am on right now is paxil, but it seems to be helping..i think leveling out the anxiety tends to work out my mood swings and depression.. i would only say that there are plenty of meds in the family of anti depressants that can be tried, and the positive effects are similiar, but others may not have those side effects. most doctors tend to make me a guinea pig for finding one, and it sucks, but i think its worth it if you think the meds are necessary/worth taking..

good luck with it though

Guest FreeDaddy

sofa , i went through most of what your describing on Serzone. Im in between doctors until next week after wasting 9 of em being more depressed on the meds than before I started taking them. Thing is I'm losing hope after hearing a couple of stories from people that went through the same shit for a while to no evail. the doctor told me he's confident i'll be alright and its all a matter of finding something that works for me. if anybody around these parts has had any success on any specific meds, i'd really appreciate some info.

they wish man... there's too many people out there that are on em, and dont really improve.. they're always moody..fuck that.. i'd rather be stable.

unless you're suicidal.... i'd suggest not to take em.. if you are, id suggest shock therapy.

i've had doctors tell me i should be on them, but everytime i've tried it's just been worthless... personally, i'd rather be depressed and shit than be fucked up and drooling (which is usually the point i need to get to before thet start actually keeping me in a good mood...) no fun...

i guess you're in your mid-twenties as it's common as hell now for shit like that to happen right around that time, i know a frightening number who've flaky at that age, so join the club man, i was prescribed cipramil and after taking only a few had serious insomnia so thought fuck it i'll try something else which was st.johns wort and also started yoga & meditation which helped a whole lot, but my trouble was anxiety rather than full-on depression...but eitherway i'd seriously recommend yoga and/or meditation...

'Bitter Pill

A reader prescribed Propranolol by his doctor was stuck by the long list of possible side-effects on the leaflet which accompanied the tablets.

These potential complications include breathlessness or wheezing, dizziness or fainting, dry eyes, skin troubles such as rashes or itching, unexplained allergic reactions, heart problems (such as heart failure and heart block), a very slow heart rate, low blood pressure, poor circulation, blood disorders (often characterised by pallor, fever, unusual bleeding or unexplained bruising), pain in the calf muscles, nightmares, visual distyrbances, mood changes, cold or numb fingers or toes, feeling or being sick, diarrhoea, pins-and-needles, tiredness and insomnia, severe mental problems, and hair loss.

The medicine had been prescribed to alleviate the patient's feelings of anxiety.'

anyway, good luck :mexican:

Guest imported_sofarok

the reason im trying to give the drugs a proper go is cus im so desperate for something that works, i was on paxil a few years back but never really stuck at it when they suggested meds this time round i decided to stick em out for at least a year, they work slowly, you have to let your body abbsorm them, get use to them etc. im going to see and counciler as well.

has any one read prozac nation?

Originally posted by Vanity

they wish man... there's too many people out there that are on em, and dont really improve.. they're always moody..fuck that.. i'd rather be stable.

not true....the reason you see so many people on anti depressants and so few actual results is because depression is such a medical trend.....its like the grown up version of ADD. its an overly diagnosed illness that both the medical community and the public has eaten up. its ridiculous. anti depressants provide chemicals to the brain in order to make up for what the patient lacks....a healthy brain already has those chemicals, you put a perfectly healthy person on these drugs just because they have a little bit of stress in their life and your going to get a moody, chemically unbalanced person. i hate how mental illness has turned into such an everyday, run of the mill problem due to this medical fad. its a serious problem that isnt getting serious attention anymore because, due to over-diagnosis, its as common as the fucking cold......

2 cents from someone whos educated on this topic

id be willing to bet that a large number of folks on this board either have been on anti-depressants, or have had dr's try and prescribe them. writers as a whole tend to be a fucked up group, so having emotional issues is sort of par for the course.

dont listen to anyone that tries to give you that bullshit about how drugs just fuck you up worse and you just need to play more volleyball or something. they have no idea what they're talking about and they're just scared of their own mortallity. i've, at one point or another, been on a vast array of drugs. some worked, some didnt. some worked for a little while, then stopped, some took months to start working.

i know im just rambling aimlessly, but this is a subject ive had alot of experience with, and i get pretty defensive of it.

stay on the drugs for as long as you can bare. they all take atleast a month before you're going to feel any change, so obviously you have to stick with each one for atleast that long. every person is different and they react differently to different drugs. but its not at all uncommon for the depression/anxiety to actually worsen for the first couple months. thats 'normal' and as long as you remember that, its alot easier to put up with.

ok, i just ate a bunch of thai food and now i really have to shit. thats all.

seeks

i was on welbutrin- 100mgs and i also had fucking prozac that was 150- i stuck to the welbutrin, didnt like the prozac...but far as i could tell, it worked for me...this was over a year ago- havent really fell back into my depression even though at the time, i was competely suicidal, a drunk, and thanks to a certain writer who kept me alive even though he doesnt realize it- and now you choke- good lookin out kiddo! - i dont think i ever told him that in person, probably never w/ill unless he brings this up....weird huh..

i was on zoloft for about 2 years. it atleast stabilized me, i wouldn't say it cured me of depression truthfully i think its with you forever but if you feel as if you're at breaking point stick with it. but i would suggest stay the fuck away from substances while on antidepressants. i stopped taking them for a month, went to a party and got pretty wasted. later that night i turned white and my lips turned blue. i passed out and woke up in the middle of nowhere. at that time i was also celibate for two years, i met a girl and the peep was completely useless. so of course i immeadiately stopped taking them. everyones different and there are no short term cures. i don't know what your money situation is but take advantage of the cheap airfare and get out of the country. go somewhere by yourself for a week or two. however i realise that alot of us are depressed because we have no fucking cash. even if its working a job only for a plane ticket, it atleast gives you a goal and something to get shit off your mind. i find that the busier you are the less time to contemplate life and its misery. i know writers aren't much of volunteers but its not as bad as you think. try a orphanage, old people's home, homeless shelter, it kinda gives you a feeling of worth. sorry i know sound like a school counselor or something but it really works. good luck.

there is no reason for someone to be depressed. its all shit that you let build in you and bothers you. i let things go. if (not when but if) i start feeling shitty for unknown reasons, i think about funny shit or try to make myself laugh. a good one is taking a deep breath, then smile-this works for some reason.

Originally posted by Gouged out 3rd Eye

there is no reason for someone to be depressed. its all shit that you let build in you and bothers you. i let things go. if (not when but if) i start feeling shitty for unknown reasons, i think about funny shit or try to make myself laugh. a good one is taking a deep breath, then smile-this works for some reason.

do you walk into cancer support groups and tell people that there is no reason for them to have cancer? feeling depressed, and suffering from depression are two different things. Being depressed is temporary, and can come and go very quickly. Suffering from depression is a chemical, mental, long term thing. If you just had to make yourself laugh to not be depressed anymore this thread wouldn't be here...

splint, what are you on, if you dont mind me asking. if you dont wanna post it on the board, you can email me. id also like to know its 'effects' or side effects, or whatever you think is noteworthy...

sort of a life long interest i guess....

ive tooken a few just cuz my moms so obsessed with medicatons..seriously she paid me but naw i dont need that money ne more..thats just stupid..i dont think it really helped neither..it made me twitch when id smoke out and i dont wanna b surprised by some side effects it might give me with other shit

Archived