DONDI 1961-1998

uh and yes

yes, dondi is awesome, and yes, he did actually die, quite some time ago.

not forcing people to post proof that a person has died is something that is out of respect. it is not necessary to pry into the personal business of the dead and those left to mourn them by demanding to know how why etc a person passed.

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by bemflix@Sep 16 2002, 09:40 PM

To all who do not know DONDI has his own website. crazy flix and very personal insight. it was put together by his all time partner DURO

i know Dondi's brothers check the guestbook from time to time so sign and show the White family love

here is a flix from the memorial section

fr8_dondi_cav.jpgby one of the all time freight kings CAV SV BFK

bem

i saw this frieght i dont remember when but the tarcks r next to my house i remember seeing it

• 3 weeks later...

damn i always had mad props for doni.its just crazy that he was burning 10 years before i was even born.its crazy to look back and see who paved the road for graffiti,doni was NO DOUBT one of them.he burned more thabn anyone,no matter how much ups someone had,and back in the 80's they used FUKIN STOCK CAPS.i have trouble just bustin a handstyle with stock caps,he was doin whole car piecesit sucks to see someone someone of such great talent be lost.rest in power.........dondi 1961-1998

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by remors atd@Apr 1 2005, 03:40 PM

damn i always had mad props for doni.its just crazy that he was burning 10 years before i was even born.its crazy to look back and see who paved the road for graffiti,doni was NO DOUBT one of them.he burned more thabn anyone,no matter how much ups someone had,and back in the 80's they used FUKIN STOCK CAPS.i have trouble just bustin a handstyle with stock caps,he was doin whole car piecesit sucks to see someone someone of such great talent be lost.rest in power.........dondi 1961-1998

I refuse to belive that all of dondis work was stock. I think in the book it says something about useing house hold caps for a wider spray. Dondi White R.I.P.

R.I.P Dondi, a true king. His style remains as relevant today as it ever was.

That letter sheds a little light on the situation, but i've always found it odd that very little info is around as to how dondi died. I know it was from AIDS, but how he caught it seems to be a secret. I'm not asking people to tell me the story, nor do i feel the need to ever know it. It just seems that whenever anybody else dies, writer or otherwise, you can always find out the story behind it easily, but not in this case. Odd.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by TSAC@May 14 2005, 03:16 PM

SHIT DONDI IS SUCH AN INFLUENCE

THAT BOOK IS SO DOPE I FUCKING LOVE HIS WORK

Indeed. To me he's the greatest of Kings. Such a big inspiration for Graffiti writers. His appearance in Style Wars is just the epitomy of a true Graffiti artist in my oppinion.

RIP will get his book when I can afford it!

As a side note: in Style Wars there was a poster with a big Dondi piece on it, is it possible to get that anymore?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest POSTROCK

i love that dondi shit man.. him and zephyr were the first writers i had ever peeped. that got me in the game really early.....dondi flix and see live JOEY J4F in the chi-ill

Originally posted by Say What?+Jul 14 2005, 01:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Say What? - Jul 14 2005, 01:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EUROne@Jul 9 2005, 12:34 PM

RIP :king: DONDI.

One of the biggest ever.....

EUROne... is that flik from a mag??

[/b]

a french mag that's right...

The book "Dondi White" gives me a lot of inspiration. There is so much to love about Dondi. The structure of his letters, the extensions, the colors. But, one of the best things in my opinion was how he pasted on his knowlege to others. A lot of writers today send in flicks to mags. or post on-line trying to get that fame fast. Dondi wouldn't let some of his own homies see his flicks until he really got to know them or felt they were ready to see them. I think that's awesome. There was a hierarchy back then that schooled up-and-comers on what it was, to really be a king. I think that is missing today. One person would teach another and styles were developed like that. There's nothing wrong with self promotion. Dondi did it with so much class.

Archived