Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SuburbianBrat

DARK DAYS...the movie

tight movie. ment's one of the dudes in it or one of his boys i think... cuz the white kids got tags on his wall and a ment skech on his wall

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

finally watched it 3 weeks ago and was impressed, a quality film...my friend has the dvd and all the extra stuff about the filming of it and biographys of the people in it made me appreciate it more too, so yeah, definently recommended, and DJ Shadow on the soundtrack is a bonus too, totally fits the mood of it

i just went to bestbuy and boug the DVD. looks like a real winner so far. the music is awesome too!

that guy with the shopping cart LOVES it!

'this is my mothafuckin van, man. my mothafuckin STATION WAGON!'

Originally posted by greedy mars

that girl is hot

what kinda girls have you been looking at lately?

i love that film

I saw it in the cinema...........an arty cinema but nice.

my favourite film.The intro gives me goosebumps.Have u all noticed the Smith tag when he goes into the tunnel brilliant film

that one white kid had all kinds of tags on his wall. too bad i can't read graf too well.

again, that movie RULES. thanks for the reccomendations. it was well worth the 20 bucks i needed for something else.

If you guys liked that movie theres a cool book called:

The Tunnel by Margaret Morton

Its basically a photo documentary and interviews of some folks living in a defunct tunnel in NYC back in the mid 90's. Its really simple and powerfull no soundtrack though. I found it at the library, its worth checking out if that stuff interests you. Some cool black and white photo and some shots of murals down in the tunnel.

In fact now that i think about it it might be about the same people/place. i read it a couple years back.

Guest catwash

I saw this the other night for the first time, watched it again yesterday and it seemed much better second time around.... this film is cool as fuck, love it

i just ordered the tape from work. it better be worth the $15 !! :crazy:

Dark days is an interesting look at how the other 1/4 lives.

Read "The Mole People" if you liked Dark Days. Same subject, but it leaves the imagrey to your imagination, somehow it seems better that way.

The movie was kinda lacking though. I was hoping to see more fights, stabbings, writers/graff in the tunnels. There is one scene where this kid gets out of jail, and goes into the tunnel to hook up with his buddy who lives there. He paints a piece while his buddy is taking a shower under a burst pipe. overall , it's boring.

damn i just missed the devel fahlk white. Just for the record that movie was the shit. I havnt bothered to read what everybody else said but im hoping nobody was dissin that shit

Guest Canadiano

Re: i love that film

Originally posted by grandmaster

Have u all noticed the Smith tag when he goes into the tunnel brilliant film?

yeah, I saw that. I had to watch the movie for school, and I pointed it out all enthused to the chick next to me. I got some wierd looks.

For me, my personal fav of the whole documentary, is the interview with the crackhead and his pal about their past pets. The one dude said that his hamsters ate martiens, how fucking wild is that...

Guest catwash

..and his hamster was the best hamster there was, well - not THE best but one of the best anyway

Just to put my name at the top: But anyways anybody that has not seen the movie yet, defiently check it out, it is a must....

I think there was contraversy on whether or not the "director" had good intentions or if he was just exploiting them for the dolla dolla...???

I haven't seen it yet...:cool: