CSX lawsuite

Frate_Raper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i just saw something about this on TV. i was like, CSX? what? i dont know too much about the specifics but it said something about CSX and the other 2 or so companies that were implicated instituting legislation that insured slaves as property. or something like that. depending on when this happened, i think its a little unfair for current CSX employees to suffer for things that were done by decision makers in the companies past.

i actually thought about this some today.

im not a racist and shit, i hate racists.

and when i hear about the whole "black power" shit, it kinda pisses me off.

i dont think any race should dominate.

i dont want to spark any fire in saying this, because i know writers come in all races, but the way i see it, people go on about equal rights and shit, and how we should drop racial issues and shit.

but how the fuck can that shit happen when we have lawsuits like this and people running around yelling at white people saying "you oppressed my ancestors!"

ill tell you. im white. but i didnt do shit to your fucking ancestors no matter what fucking race you are.

anyway. i say these cocksuckers should drop this bullshit and leave csx alone. who gets the money anyway if they win?

the only advantage to csx losing is they might pay out of their funding for buffing trains. or do they buff trains? i dont know if csx makes cars or just operates lines.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

csx owns and operates on lines built by slave labor. fleet bank, also being sued, was founded by a well known slave trader, and the third company, aetna insurance, or one of the companies it acquired or some shit, was known to put insurance policies on slaves, with the beneficiaries being the owners of plantations or whatnot...

im not gonna get in to this too much,but its not a "black power thing" blacks are not the first to demand reparations for crimes commited against them as a race, Power has nothing to do with it, if they were claiming to be powerful or dominate why ask for reparation,

Stop Whining about the Past

there was no such thing as "racism" when we had slaves. why do these fucks complain about shit that white folks were ignorant to. shit, i would have had a slave if i could. i'm not saying it would have been a black person, just imagine it, you could have someone carry your paint for you, look out for yard workers, help do some fillin in, shit, it'd make life easier. thats what they figured, so they got slaves. i'm not saying its right, but can we please get over it. i hope csx wins...maybe people will shut their mouths and stop complaining. is that all america does, complain? ever since i got back to this damn country all i've heard is complaining, and trust me, compared to the rest of the world, we dont have shit to complain about!!

Guest TrustEvil

no doubt compared to many countries of the world, north americans have no reason to complain, but were humans and its what we do best.....my only issue with the slave comments you made nocalfr8tr is, if you had a slave, would you treat it like shit and beat it and rape it and even kill it if if didn't do as you please....because that was a big reality of the slave trade....and I really have issue with humans and animals being bought and sold as a commodity...that is foul.

Hey, if you want a slave you can go buy one today, for about $500. Just go to northern Sudan, in Africa. There, in open slave markets just like here in the 1840's, you can buy captured Christian women and children from southern Sudan. The Muslim northerners consider them "infidels" and do not accord them any of the consideration or regard they would give to a human being. So. The only place on earth where genuine, no-shit slavery still exists is Africa. Is that ironic, or what?

Guest dukeofyork

i was always under the impression that most slave owners in the 1800's were not rich plantation dwellers, that in fact they lived almost in the same poverty as the slaves. most of the time working in the field with the slaves. the slaves were more of a hired help deal, and they were kept like family in most of the poorer families. the gone with the wind stereotype was just that, a stereotype...but hey, none of us were alive then, so were all hearing it 2nd, 3rd, possibly 4th hand.

Originally posted by TrustEvil

my only issue with the slave comments you made nocalfr8tr is, if you had a slave, would you treat it like shit and beat it and rape it and even kill it if if didn't do as you please...

of course i'd treat him or her good. i didnt really mean slave,but more like a helper, you know, someone to help get your ass off the hook. i know what was done to them was harsh, and the people who had them were more than just ignorant, but when you have complete power over anything, some people let it get to their heads. i'm sure not all slave owners treated their slaves like shit.

Originally posted by another loser

i actually thought about this some today.

im not a racist and shit, i hate racists.

and when i hear about the whole "black power" shit, it kinda pisses me off.

i dont think any race should dominate.

i dont want to spark any fire in saying this, because i know writers come in all races, but the way i see it, people go on about equal rights and shit, and how we should drop racial issues and shit.

but how the fuck can that shit happen when we have lawsuits like this and people running around yelling at white people saying "you oppressed my ancestors!"

ill tell you. im white. but i didnt do shit to your fucking ancestors no matter what fucking race you are.

anyway. i say these cocksuckers should drop this bullshit and leave csx alone. who gets the money anyway if they win?

the only advantage to csx losing is they might pay out of their funding for buffing trains. or do they buff trains? i dont know if csx makes cars or just operates lines.

its unfair because its using somebodies race and ethnicity against them as something negative. which is in my belief, undescriptive and childish way to state an opinion. i'm refering to words such as nigger, spook, crack, etc. a whole race is too big to stereotype.

Originally posted by The BLACK Y

im not gonna get in to this too much,but its not a "black power thing" blacks are not the first to demand reparations for crimes commited against them as a race, Power has nothing to do with it, if they were claiming to be powerful or dominate why ask for reparation,

bling bling.

its all about the money.

POWER AND MONEY.

Originally posted by dai

its unfair because its using somebodies race and ethnicity against them as something negative. which is in my belief, undescriptive and childish way to state an opinion. i'm refering to words such as nigger, spook, crack, etc. a whole race is too big to stereotype.

cracker, whitey, whiteboy. yea.

if you get into biblical shit, do you see god making a mistake?

or do you even see it as a mistake?

would you rather be your race or would you rather just be people?

Do any of you all notice that black people are always thinking about recism and think that every other race is against them.They always thinks their being persecuted, but i guess they have a right to.Just i think they go to over board sometimes.And no i have nothing against them, i only have issues with white poeple heh j/k.Anyway a while back my ex's mom was telling me that african americans actually enslaved themselves.She said it was the more powerfull blacks that were selling black slaves to white foreigners in order to make money.So in a sence they did it to themselves.But i have no idea how true this is, just somthing i herd and thought was interesting.Damn i typed alot.Peace!

Secn--That's a stretch. Yes, it's true that one tribe captured another and sold those individuals into slavery, but the individual people who became slaves didn't "enslave themselves." Unless you count not being fast enough to outrun slavers "enslaving oneself." Tribalism is Africa is every bit as horrible as any white racism, even worse. Look at Rwanda, or any number of African wars in which innocent civilians have been slaughtered. African-Americans tend to see all black people everywhere as "people of color" and they consider white folks to be the bad guys, the perpetrators of racism. But Africans don't think like this at all. Because they are born and raised in a world where "everybody is black", they separate and discriminate against each other on the basis of tribal affiliation, and they often have MURDEROUS HATRED for each other on that basis. Whites don't "really" count because whites aren't a member of an African tribe, except in South Africa and Zimbabwe, and then only because the whites are wealthy and the local dictators want their land and money. The whites in South Africa (the Boers) are descended from original Dutch settlers, and they have been there LONGER than whites have been in North America. Do they have a legitimate claim, or not? Many black Americans are descended from slaves that arrived in North America in Dutch ships in the middle 1630's.

The American Indians got a raw deal. They lost. The settlers won. Are we now to hand the United States back over to the Indians? It will never happen in a zillion years. But that is what is happening in South Africa and Zimbabwe, and the U.S. helped do it.

We should probably move this thread to Channel Zero.

Guest krowteN

check it. this is not a topic white people (and a large percentage of "African Americans" for that matter) could possibly understand. judging by the responses it is not even a topic you all could even make an informed, somewhat intelegent response to. to keep from sounding more ignorant than all of already do, regaurding this topic at least, i suggest you revert back to talking about graffiti on trains. my vote is to close this thread.

well considering the conversation has led to more of the issue and what not and could lead to a better world, so my vote is to not close this.

it wouldnt be here if it werent about CSX, and if anyone feels the need to move it to channel zero, post an announcement, because i very seldom check any other forum except the flick posting sections and trainspotting.

anyway, kabar, thanks for more information on all that.

as far as tribes selling slaves, thats how it was, you lose, your a slave to them now, and can be sold whenever, but in a 10th grade history class, we had a discussion about whether or not some tribes got greedy and wanted more money and would sneek into other tribes villages at night to capture more prisoners to be sold to foreign buyers.

something in the text book sparked that discussion, so it wasnt just some off topic thought up thing.

i havent stayed in too many other cities other than ones that closely surround memphis, and many of the people are exactly the same in the closely surrounding towns as they are in memphis. though memphis is a little more diverse than these small towns and has some people from abroad who are totally different from the perpetual memphis norm.

i think since Dr Martin Luther King Jr was shot here in memphis, and there was alot of civil rights action here, the people here have alot more energy toward the whole racial thing, and im suprised that the whole CSX thing didnt start in memphis.

for the most part, thats what i hear local blacks 'bitching' about.

when i visit other towns in the midwest and whatnot, the few blacks that ive talked to up there are decent enough.

most share the same interests as i do. and i havent heard any of them have an attitude of racial influence toward me or any of the other whites up there.

i wish the rest of the country could be this way.

we hear every day that people discriminate against blacks.

here in memphis, its on the news that reports show that blacks are pulled over twice as much as whites for routine traffic stops.

which however true it may be, is pathetic for the white police officers.

i dont know, im gonna chill with this and get a few responses before i go one.

peace.

Racism? What's that?

can't help it if im the devil...thats what all white people are right? another loser had it right, its all about money and power. shit, thats what most people strive for in their life. how about, um, happiness? i paint freight, that's what keeps me happy. it costs money, and it gives me a feeling of power. i dont trip off racism, its not an issue. i could care less if you're black, white, asian, female, a bum, i dont give a shit. if you're bustin tight styles on frieghts, then i'm on your side. you wanna bring weak sauce to the freights, i dont like you. thats my life. sorry if ive offened any folks on here with my devilish racist comments. it is a cold world, but not here in hell, with me!

word,

back on topic.

should people bring up bullshit from fuckin forever ago?

i hear about fuckin cases from the early twenties being retried and shit.

and that takes up time and money. so thats some bullshit

my courtdate could have been here and past and shit, if some bullshit cases werent put before me.

i need some rusto fresh blue.

I tried to reply to this topic last night but my computer crashed. Basically, let's keep it on topic (CSX's involvement in the suit). If we're talking racism/reparations, there are already threads about those issues in channel zero and I encourage everyone to continue discussion there. I also have to agree with krowten, kabar and black y here, there are some ignorant responses in this thread. Some people don't know shit and don't want to know, and that is unfortunate.

Guest L.RonHubbard
Originally posted by dukeofyork

i was always under the impression that most slave owners in the 1800's were not rich plantation dwellers, that in fact they lived almost in the same poverty as the slaves. most of the time working in the field with the slaves. the slaves were more of a hired help deal, and they were kept like family in most of the poorer families. the gone with the wind stereotype was just that, a stereotype...but hey, none of us were alive then, so were all hearing it 2nd, 3rd, possibly 4th hand.

this is wrong, and it was more common for slaves to be raped, abused, murdered, tortured, and degraded than to be kept as a legit part of the family. The way alot of you are talkin about slavery and blacks proves that shit is not all good (like you all pretend it is), and that racism or at least severe ignorance is present among many of you. NOCAL's comment was fuckin ridiculous, and i think that he is just beating around the bush and would rather say something more racist and offensive.

It sounds like whitey still can't come to realize the extreme damage done by slavery. Tryin to act like this shit ended back in the civil war. Hell no. Blacks are still slaves in this country to whitey, and im white and all, but i still feel guilt and shame for what we did to Native Americans and Africans. Being Jewish i still cant forgive Germans about that fuct up shit they did, and I wont blame Blacks for feeling the same about us.

Guest krowteN
Originally posted by KaBar

Hey, if you want a slave you can go buy one today, for about $500. Just go to northern Sudan, in Africa. There, in open slave markets just like here in the 1840's, you can buy captured Christian women and children from southern Sudan. The Muslim northerners consider them "infidels" and do not accord them any of the consideration or regard they would give to a human being. So. The only place on earth where genuine, no-shit slavery still exists is Africa. Is that ironic, or what?

Wow Kabar, you've been everyplace on the earth to know that the Sudan is the only place on the earth that genuine, no-shit slavery still exists. Im thouroughly impressed with your extensive travels. Perhaps you should have said is 'as far as i know that is the only place on earth slavery exists' Knowing everything about the railroad industry dosent mean you know everything about the world.

Archived