The Beatles..your thoughts?

ceasroni

All time trippiest band ever? Has to be up there! You cant get any better than A Day In the Life, I Am the Walrus, Strawberry, Lucy, So on and so on. What are your favorites? Talk shit about them, go ahead..i dont give a fuck! Has there been trippier bands? Do you think this type of music will ever make a comeback? I def think there at the top of the list though. This is the type of music i draw to, others are Floyd, Hendrix, Zepplin..ok im done :dazed:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest beard

beatles are the best band in history. there is no close second either.

theyre definitely trippy, but its more of a trippy that everyone can listen to and get down.

phish, grateful dead, ozric tentacles. THOSE are trippy bands. you get picked up from your seat and placed in a nother area code when listening to these groups.

without the beatles music wouldn't be what it is today.by the way..beatles did acid for the first time in the same house jimmi hendrix had his first sexual experience also where the red hot chilli peppers recorded blood sugar sex magik.

Originally posted by willy.wonka

what about THE MONKEYS...

It's The Monkees dammit.

I dig Strawberry Fields alot, and a few others. Kinda feeling some Lennon stuff too like

Imagine one of the best songs ever.

Beautiful Boy about his son being born. pretty song. I can see myself listening to that song everynight watching Little Pistol sleep at night.

The Beatles are the best, most influential band EVER. Period. Without them we still would be listening to all that shitty fifties music. Once they started doing drugs, they expanded their sound, becoming mor psychedelic and trippy, but that doesn't mean their earlier stuff is of less quality and importance. My parents own every single Beatles album, on both vinyl and CD. Hands down the greatest band of all time.

I would have to say that Pink Floyd are the trippiest band of all time. The Beatles kind of disguised their drug references, to the point where old ladies would listen to it and think it was a nice song. Pink Floyd are just fucked up, probably because they were all acid heads.......

Originally posted by avils

i've got doubles of most of their records coz my folks had em and i've come up with some pretty ill juggles for them.. that's not like disrespectful is it ?

i cant think of any beatles breaks but that sounds fun.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I'm fucking sick of the beatles. Overplayed, overhyped, bury em already. Yes they innovated in their day. Fine. But I don't want to ever hear them again. It's over. Bury the corpse. Move on.

Yeah, i feel that way to. Meaning that i'll never put a Beatles record on.

BUT wait till the next time you'll be catching a beatle tune on the radio...It'll make your day

THEY ROCK

Originally posted by Tesseract

BUT wait till the next time you'll be catching a beatle tune on the radio...It'll make your day

THEY ROCK

Im going to agree with that 1, def does make my day. Hearing it all the time is OK, unexpected...10 X's better.

Originally posted by im elephant.

the beatles are good. but you also have to think.. they were the backstreet boys/nsync/britney spears of thier generation. so.. yeah.. that kind of depresses me.. because thats what my generation is going to be remembered by.. aint no lie baby bye bye bye.

No there not, I dont see the Backstreet Boys playin instruments and shit..Ya they were big favorites to girls and women, but you cant compare them to the Backstreet Boys. They are much much better at every aspect of music than the Backstreet Boys. You cant even put them in the same sentence as the Beatles, it would be to disrespectful.

Here's a weird one: I'm gonna back cesaroni on his last post about the backstreet boys comparison being an insult. The Beatles were far more creative, innovative, and skilled at their instruments and at composition.

That said, I still hate hearing the Beatles. I was overexposed to them as a kid because my parents always had the oldies station on. I'm sick of the songs, and I can't sit through any of them whether someone puts on a record or they come on the radio. Furthermore, as a musician, what they did THEN no longer interests me NOW. So I'll acknowledge their skill and creativity, FOR their era. That era is long over and old news. I need other ingredients now to enjoy music, and they don't have them. I would be relieved never to hear another Beatles song.

Originally posted by NATO

i cant think of any beatles breaks but that sounds fun.

yeah theres breaks in there but you gotta search for em.. i think my fave for juggles is 'rubber soul' and the 'white album' although the quality of the sound is pretty dodgy but thats understandable..

Archived