Get your tuts out!

bodice_ripper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blood as ink

you should see vinyl's tat's in person...they look alot better then those photos. vinyl junkie make andre the giant(rip) look like a sissy little mouse..umm ok maybe not. but be afraid.

Guest blood as ink
Originally posted by vinyl junkie

boredom can be a good thing and a bad thing... i've ended up with a few piercings because of boredom...

i've ended up in pool of blood because of boredom...i decided it was a good idea to climb my roof one night...i fell of and was all bloody and twitching.stupid boredom...and stupidity in general.

good times.

Originally posted by seeking

i used to think it was dumb to get stars and sparrows just like everyone else, but honestly, who gives a shit? if all of your friends have stars, and you want to feel a kinship and get them also, so fucking what? so your a 'follower'.... oh no, not that. if it means something to you, even if that meaning is something you got from someone else, who cares. does that make it any less meaningfull to you? and besides, if someone gets a tattoo just to be cool, when it goes out of style, they'll realize the mistake, let them make it if they want to.

so are you a 'follower' because sleeves aren't that original, hell not many tats are these days, and sleeves will probably go out of style, but i'm sure your not getting them just to be cool.......

i spent 3 years working on the design, this wasnt some spur of the moment decision, brought on by spotting a real cool flash on the wall at the local shop. my point was only that if emo stars are a trend, and someone feels 'empowered' by them, so be it. not everyone can be strong enough to stand on their own two feet, theres nothing really wrong with that. i suck at math ya know, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. my only goal, is that if im going to be my 'own person', is to be someone that if followed, will lead others in the 'right' direction....

ok. good to hear you did the designs yourself. I'm surprised more people on this board, revolving around an art form, do not have their own desings. when i used to think of getting some ink a while back, what stopped me is that if I went through with it, it would have to be my own design. I felt my art was/is always evolving and getting deeper and better and I felt that down the line I may have been dissapointed with my own work, because at the time I was just starting to develop as an artist. But I'm sure after a couple years of designing you are hyped to get it done finally. SO post it when ya got it....

Re: Re: Get your tats out!

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

by the way bodice... i really like the drop shadow on those stars... also, is yer leg a traditional/found piece or was that custom designed?

yeah designed them with drop shadows on them for me and my girl to represent graf in a subtle way.

The leg was a found peice. I can't remember the artist's name right now, but all his pieces are traditional Tlingit style. I catch shit from some people because those sort of designs aren't "traditional" for my "tribe". But I've been moved around so much that I don't feel any strong affiliation with any given place really. So I choose what is right for me...........

Ironically, those stars ARE traditional in the West.....................

Originally posted by nomadawhat

ok. good to hear you did the designs yourself. I'm surprised more people on this board, revolving around an art form, do not have their own desings. when i used to think of getting some ink a while back, what stopped me is that if I went through with it, it would have to be my own design. I felt my art was/is always evolving and getting deeper and better and I felt that down the line I may have been dissapointed with my own work, because at the time I was just starting to develop as an artist. But I'm sure after a couple years of designing you are hyped to get it done finally. SO post it when ya got it....

actually my ink was my own design...granted it was a just a play on nautical stars but I am the person that drew the design. I am workng on some stuff for the rest of my chest at the moment and after I get it drawn and get the cash together for the the first 3 or 4 hour session I am getting it done.

sorry vinyl junkie--i don't have a scanner or a digital camera so i can't post anything for now. who did your forearms? they look nice. definltely best tats in this thread so far! i have 2 unfinished sleeves myself. it seems to be impossible to find time to get tattoos when you work at a tattoo shop, cause nobody wants to work on me on our days off. i'm going to the national tattoo convention in philly in 2 weeks and hope to get some work out there.

i have about 25 hours in that arm and it's taken almost a year now because we have to work around our schedules... it's a bitch, but then again, i rarely have an actual appointment so i don't have to remember a date and then promptly flake on it...

have fun in philly! i'd love to go... i've yet to actually get work at a convention, but i've always wanted to...

Dee here to represent the more "ghetto" tats. Old english black and white for all. (p.s. dont take flicks of your shit with a web cam, they come out looking like ultimate crap.)

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/deethree8/11.jpg'>

on my wrist. i got a year ago on my 18th birthday.

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/deethree8/zigonthehip.jpg'>

on my hip....

the first time i went to mexico, it was really memorable (for alot of reasons) and in the morning i went shopping at the market and bought this leather engraved wallet that had this dope flower on top.. that i thought would go nicely with the old english on my hip. so a couple weeks after, I got it tatted on.. now when i look at my hip i think about that first time i went to mexico, and beer, too.

I have 3 more tats. My last name on my lower back.. and some other stuff thats hard to explain on my upper arm/shoulder.

BITER

Originally posted by shameless self promotion

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/aeso/minztat7.jpg'>

;)

This will be on my shoulder soon.

Still trying to get the money.:o

MAN........ i am a tattoo artist and own a shop. PLEASE don't bite tattoos from the internet or magazines. I have been published 6 times in national mags in the last year and my worst fear is that someone will take my custom tattoo I worked on for a customer and reproduce it. If your artist is wortha shit he can take that sun you like and redraw something for you.

Tattoo biters piss me off..... please don't be one. Why would you want something someone has anyway?

No offense just food for thought.

CAPS............ APEX tattoo

thanks vinyl :)

yours kick much ass also.. i cant wait to see your sleeves when they're done.. keep it updated! looking nice...

pistol, i LOVE black and white (or grey).... it's just such a certain classic, old school.. thats what i think of. ...i'll admit, i am a sucker for the 6 inched old english.. and the lady of guadalupe.. and the virgin marys.. i love it all.

Archived