Reparations from slavery?

mental invalid

Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

Blacks deserve something.

If the same American Government that decided to count southern black slaves as ***three fourths*** of a man in the name of taxes and representation is ever going to come to peace with itself and hold a real sense of integrity then something should definitely be done, and I don't really think it's for whites to decide. If reparations --should their ever be any real attempt at them-- are to be made then they should be settled by the descendants of the victims themselves. Fuck what our government thinks, find all the black people huddled into every ghetto across North America and take a fucking poll.

I think the real joke will be on our racist-bastard predecessors when the world's population is all the same color anyway.

Three-fifths.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by A Fire Inside

It happened, and it didn't happen to anyone currently alive, so they shouldn't see any of it.

I'm just trying to say that the people who will recieve the reparation were not living back then to suffer through it

There are still quite a few black people very much alive who have -- in this lifetime -- found themselves whipped by crooked car antennas in southern streets, blasted with water hoses, raped and beaten, woken up to a missing wife or husband or relative or friend only to find they had been dragged to a tree and hung from it. All at the hands of brainless twits, arrogant rednecks, misguided "average joes" and radical extremists, many of whom are also still alive and NOT doing time.

okay are2, i figured thats what you meant....skewed or bias history lessons...which im sure all nations do....but yeah youre right its a problem...

does anyone know the title of the book that deals with realistic accounts of us history....its something "american history, blah blah"...yeah ambiguous....its supposedly quite eye opening, and ive always wanted to read it...

i heard a fact on the way home that reparations experts are claiming that the back pay on slave labor adjusted would be about 1.7 trillion dollars....which is equivalent to 1/7 the the gross domestic product of the us....

that is serious cash....

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

lol, at the night crew discussion vs. the day crew discussion

roe: the book you are referring to is The People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn. im about half?way through it. it should be required reading for every highschool or college student. roe, get the book, you will NOT be disappointed.

in other news:

beardo and i kissed and made up

Archived