post up tha weirdest styles

Guest rukus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

not really weird...

in europe these pieces aren't really considered weird if you know what i mean, just slightly off-key. this is all i have scanned in that fits this category at the moment. i might steal some flicks later...

polar3.jpg

ekoe.jpg

of-crew.jpg

so far what ive seen in this thread is weird that deals with the visual style and aesthetic.

there are many writers and artists who's work is weird but depends on the context.. i read something on the last page that browner wrote that seems to touch on something similar. (if i interpretted it correctly)

the internet may not provide the proper framework for understanding what im talking about but.. theres lots of cool visual styles which dont depend on a specific surface to make their point..

something i really value and think hasnt been addressed enough in this forum is how some people's work inhabits specifics sites and activates, rejuvinates and reframes them. personally thats the work i think is really progressive.

people off the top of my head i think reflect said ideas are..(and not limited to.)

revs

rot gut

monster project

histoe 138

smith sane

just to start a list.. i think theres tons more people but maybe this will start a dialogue about this..

that is.. if what i said is at all clear and understandable.

^ yeah like site-specific art right? there was this great shok1 piece on art crimes where he had painted a large head on a wall and used a real hole that was already there for the mouth, complete with jagged bricks for the teeth...

yeah

that would go into the same category

but i was thinking more along less tangible and obvious things

for example the os gemeos painting with the person hitting a bottle.

or certain barry mcgee work.. even how he uses and considers gallery space.

im not trying to get all high art on this. but its interesting how people can evoke more then just letters on the wall by combining visual content and thought and with placement consideration. not to say theres any right way of doing it.

it may as much be the ability for the viewer to recognize the intent of the person who made it.. so lets say when a piece runs into a corner its not because they were retarded and didnt space there letters correctly but because they wanted their shit to run across two intersecting surfaces or around corners or something. it doesnt even have to be pieces i see alot of this kind of consideration in how some people catch tags.

so to add to the list

bacteria

os gemeos

barry mcgee

pez

Originally posted by nG

there was this great shok1 piece on art crimes where he had painted a large head on a wall and used a real hole that was already there for the mouth, complete with jagged bricks for the teeth...

That's more "creative" than "weird" in my opinion. Being creative, and being weird are two completely different things, although one may consist of the other.

Guest KING OF HELL

he also writes DKAE. and i dont want o hear it about the other DK's . it doesnt matter.

DKAE piece with nova and swek..he did the cat on the end too.

Originally posted by Wiccans Suck

That's more "creative" than "weird" in my opinion. Being creative, and being weird are two completely different things, although one may consist of the other.

i didn't say it was weird, i was adding to Al Greens list of writers that adapt locations and space...

Archived