NO MORE NUKES OR BABBLE FROM SOMEONE OTHER THAN GOD

This whole shit has me thinking. I mean the dust storms in Beijing, the floods and droughts on the east coast. The recent cold weather up here. How much do we really know about anything that is going on now. I was really shocked when the towers were felled by, what we used to call, airplanes. That something so small, something that it was designed against, could actually fell the bohemoth structures. How much possible destruction can be created by us humans? The answer, my friends is, possibly, that thier is no limit. You think not, read on. Doubters, I ask you this, do you know what is beneath the surface of the earth. If you answered dirt, rock, bedrock, mantle, core, mantle, bedrock, dirt and rock, how much have you told me? How much do we know about it really, these are just words. What empirical data do we have to show us that we are right? Yep, you guessed it, NONE! We know not the nature of the earth, yet we feel that we can create more and more weapons of destruction capable of penetrating deeper and deeper. This is no lab rat we're messing with, this is life as we know it. If you're still taking these words lightly, let me bring it all home. I have studied science enough to know about a little thing called crack propagation. Is there a way of restoring a CRACK in a substance? Yep, you guessed it again, NO! There are only temporary ways of limiting the damage like blunting the crack tip so that it's propagation is slowed. Well that doesn't make it whole again. Everybody's worried about when the earth will end, and when the sun will burn out. Well, I reply, I wouldn't be surprised if we've taken inconcievable amounts of time off it's lifespan already, and further if it would blow up tommorow of our own doing, I also would not be surprised. Yeah, I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this (it's not terribly original), and won't be the last, but it's got me worried. Hello America, you don't take things like the ground you walk on for granted. We should walk back to the UN and Europe, etc. and beg for thier forgiveness, resign nuke treaties, and pledge our eternal gratitude, right fucking now, or I'm afraid there may be no redemption left, or anything else for that matter. Well, I'm done, next.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I'm fairly sure we humans have the ability to wipe ourselves out, but not the planet. This world has gone through shit a billion times worse than whatever we can dish out right now (much worse than nuclear war) and life still found a way.

By the way, there's no way to be 100% sure what's inside the Earth, but that doesn't mean current theories were just made up without substantial knowledge to base it off from. Beer,

El Mamerro

with all the progress in science, anything is possible. just look at cloning. everything of mass destruction has been made by man, so who's to say we won't, or aren't, look for something on that next level? knowing humans, we have to always one up each other, so this wouldn't surprize me at all.

i hope i'm dead by the time we realize it's to late

Guest whoami
Originally posted by El Mamerro

I'm fairly sure we humans have the ability to wipe ourselves out, but not the planet. This world has gone through shit a billion times worse than whatever we can dish out right now (much worse than nuclear war) and life still found a way.

By the way, there's no way to be 100% sure what's inside the Earth, but that doesn't mean current theories were just made up without substantial knowledge to base it off from. Beer,

El Mamerro

You dont think 69 Kilaton Nukes Aimed In one spot Near Moscow Where a Depot is wouldnt create a Crack?(Yes that is a actual spot that we were aimed at with that many kilaton bombs.)It makes you wonder why?I say burn all that shit and we Use Swords hell yea...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

If a multi-MEGAton (that's thousands of kilotons) meteor 5 miles across didn't create a crack when it wiped out the dinos, trust me, that won't either. Beer,

El Mamerro

its pretty well known that man will one day cause the eratication of man , probably by accident . because as mamero said , b4 life the earth went through much worse things then puny nuclear bombs.

Originally posted by 23578

, do you know what is beneath the surface of the earth. If you answered dirt, rock, bedrock, mantle, core, mantle, bedrock, dirt and rock, how much have you told me? How much do we know about it really, these are just words. What empirical data do we have to show us that we are right? Yep, you guessed it, NONE! We know not the nature of the earth, .

You are completely over simplifying a very complex ideal , while you are partially correct in saying that we dont know EVERYTHING about it , we do know a great deal that is absolute fact , it is certain .firstly the composition of the earth is more accurately put :

Crust (calcium and sodium aluminum-silicate minerals)

Mantle (iron, magnesium, aluminum, silicon, and oxygen silicate compounds)

Core ( mostly molten iron)

inner core ( solid composition of substances )

and of these layers we know alot , bases on sound scientifical data . We know not only its components but also the nature and properties of it as well . this has been learned from a number of other projects including , history , Plate techtonics , continental drift , volcanology , magnetic field study , seismic tomography , isosurface density , gravity , etc . all these feild combined into "one" give us our current and extremely accurate knowledge and understanding of earth .

so you see , we do know the nature of the earth , and far more .

Originally posted by 23578

Is there a way of restoring a CRACK in a substance? Yep, you guessed it again, NO! There are only temporary ways of limiting the damage like blunting the crack tip so that it's propagation is slowed. Well that doesn't make it whole again.

this is agian an illconcieved assumption on the wrong scale...........craks in rocks , marbles , toys etc cant be completely fixed .

but it is naive to compare that with the cracks in the earth , whether natural or man made . again because of the scale of the earth , cracks are relatively tiny , and easily repaired . because of plate techtonics ,gravity , scale , temperature etc , a crack in the earths crust , (which is relatively thinner than an eggshell ) is easily fixed . under the great stresses and pressures of gravity , and plate tech. the earths crust is pushed tight , .......and the extremely high temperatures effectively melt the rust back together .good as new .;) ....... for example , take a round candle and cut a slice in it , then squeeze it back together while slowly heating it with a lighter .......in just a few minutes your candle will be good as new , and the crack will be completely gone as if it were never their .

Guest whoami

Re: Re: NO MORE NUKES OR BABBLE FROM SOMEONE OTHER THAN GOD

Originally posted by ASER1NE

and the extremely high temperatures effectively melt the rust back together .good as new .;) ....... for example , take a round candle and cut a slice in it , then squeeze it back together while slowly heating it with a lighter .......in just a few minutes your candle will be good as new , and the crack will be completely gone as if it were never their .

What about the people who fell in it....:D

Re: Re: NO MORE NUKES OR BABBLE FROM SOMEONE OTHER THAN GOD

Originally posted by ASER1NE

its pretty well known that man will one day cause the eratication of man , probably by accident . because as mamero said , b4 life the earth went through much worse things then puny nuclear bombs.

this is agian an illconcieved assumption on the wrong scale...........craks in rocks , marbles , toys etc cant be completely fixed .

but it is naive to compare that with the cracks in the earth , whether natural or man made . again because of the scale of the earth , cracks are relatively tiny , and easily repaired . because of plate techtonics ,gravity , scale , temperature etc , a crack in the earths crust , (which is relatively thinner than an eggshell ) is easily fixed . under the great stresses and pressures of gravity , and plate tech. the earths crust is pushed tight , .......and the extremely high temperatures effectively melt the rust back together .good as new .;) ....... for example , take a round candle and cut a slice in it , then squeeze it back together while slowly heating it with a lighter .......in just a few minutes your candle will be good as new , and the crack will be completely gone as if it were never their .

On the one hand, I totally see where you're coming from, on the other I'm still not convinced that the earth's crust mechanics tell us anything about the fragile/robust nature of the earth.

Archived